United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-11-2018, 12:45 AM
Sparky***

Default How is this going to play out re: The manager?

Is he going to get booted before New Year? Or are we going to have to suffer through to Feb when we get dumped out of the champions league last 16 and are nowhere near the top 4?

I honestly, hand on heart, thought he'd have got the elbow by now but those two wins against Bournemouth and Juve looked to have somehow saved his job.

It's getting worse though - or rather we're getting worse it seems. 4 out of 5 games now at home which will put more pressure on us as we seem to freeze at old trafford for some reason.

Unread 28-11-2018, 12:50 AM
armchair

i think woodie will use him as a hacket man to get rid of a lot of players first and then get rid. I think we may do a lot of sales in jan but i can see jose not getting much of that money to buy.

Unread 28-11-2018, 01:00 AM
Baron

He’s got a couple of weeks, it's peak Mourinho. He’s instigating it & Utd won’t bow to it regardless if the results remain shite. He’s embarrassing himself & the club with his %@#$&!s. Was always going to happen, it’s right on cue. Just pull the trigger, I’m catatonic watching this.

Unread 28-11-2018, 01:04 AM
armchair

how much would paying him off the rest of his contract cost anyway? i'd like him to ditch valencia, matic, pogba and a few others first. the thing is now he's made us unattractive to signings. no top, top player wants to be bullied by some washed up manager jealous of players, who won't even live in a house near the club that pays him millions and only wants to play anti-football.

why would anyone join a club where the manager can't even commit to living there properly? it's a disgrace

Unread 28-11-2018, 01:06 AM
General Woundwort

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
I’m catatonic watching this.
2016 is on the line...

Unread 28-11-2018, 01:06 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
i think woodie will use him as a hacket man to get rid of a lot of players first and then get rid. I think we may do a lot of sales in jan but i can see jose not getting much of that money to buy.

Unread 28-11-2018, 01:07 AM
Buck

I think he'll finish the season. I see similarities with Conte last season where he's been moaning before the season started, and has become more #@&%!ly about the situation rather than diffuse it.

But the board a) haven't identified a replacement yet (and if they have, he won't come mid-season) and b) want to give a new manager a new season, clean slate.

However I'm pretty sure he expects a spending spree in January, and if Woodward refuses...Mourinho is a self-preserving man. Wouldn't bet against him walking in that scenario.

Unread 28-11-2018, 01:08 AM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
hatchet

Unread 28-11-2018, 01:09 AM
General Woundwort

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
no top, top player wants to be bullied by some washed up manager jealous of players, who won't even live in a house near the club that pays him millions and only wants to play anti-football.

why would anyone join a club where the manager can't even commit to living there properly? it's a disgrace
^ x20 billion

Unread 28-11-2018, 01:19 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
I think he'll finish the season. I see similarities with Conte last season where he's been moaning before the season started, and has become more #@&%!ly about the situation rather than diffuse it.

But the board a) haven't identified a replacement yet (and if they have, he won't come mid-season) and b) want to give a new manager a new season, clean slate.

However I'm pretty sure he expects a spending spree in January, and if Woodward refuses...Mourinho is a self-preserving man. Wouldn't bet against him walking in that scenario.
It's absolutely crystal that the Glazers have decided they want to save money this season. They'll play it by ear. Maybe toss off a few quid in Jan to placate him. Hope for a top 6 finish and a cup run.

Gonna be a loooooong season.

Unread 28-11-2018, 01:26 AM
S/Side.Red

I had assumed after Juve that he was probably safe until well into next year, but the extent of the shitness against Palace and tonight does suggest it could still go badly wrong anytime. If his relationship with Woodward is as bad as it seems then it could be sooner.

Unread 28-11-2018, 01:26 AM
General Woundwort

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Ooh. He's caught up

Unread 28-11-2018, 01:28 AM
Buck

Quote:
It's absolutely crystal that the Glazers have decided they want to save money this season. They'll play it by ear. Maybe toss off a few quid in Jan to placate him. Hope for a top 6 finish and a cup run.

Sounds like the most probable prediction. But as I said, Mourinho is all about himself and he's been around enough toxic environments to know when something is up (usually instigates them tbf).

You see, whenever Van Gaal speaks about his sacking, he genuinely believed he was getting a third season. Everyone else treated him like a dead man walking but Woodward was giving positive messages etc. And then he finds out the news while lifting the cup

Mourinho won't put up with being humiliated like that.

Unread 28-11-2018, 01:31 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Sounds like the most probable prediction. But as I said, Mourinho is all about himself and he's been around enough toxic environments to know when something is up (usually instigates them tbf).

You see, whenever Van Gaal speaks about his sacking, he genuinely believed he was getting a third season. Everyone else treated him like a dead man walking but Woodward was giving positive messages etc. And then he finds out the news while lifting the cup

Mourinho won't put up with being humiliated like that.
It all boils down to, yet again, woodward not knowing what the £#%&! he's doing.

Unread 28-11-2018, 01:35 AM
sa7

Be the usual, as soon as Champions League qualification becomes mathematically impossible a contractual clause will be triggered allowing them to bin him with reduced compo.

Quote:
Everyone else treated him like a dead man walking but Woodward was giving positive messages etc. And then he finds out the news while lifting the cup
After everything, I still can’t comprehend what an utter shithouse trick that was from Woodward.

Money shitting little jellyfish.

Unread 28-11-2018, 01:38 AM
utd99

Quote:

How can they give him more money at this point? He’s failed to get even like for like performances out of his recruits, let alone improve them. While it’s possible for any manager to sign a duffer, as he seems to feel he’s done with Bailly and Lindelof, is it also impossible to improve the defenders that were already here? We’re really supposed to excuse him for not getting a tune out of any two from the seven he’s had? How many centre backs does he need to get one effective pairing, 20?

Is there anyone left who wouldn’t expect anyone he signs to immediately become a shit @#%&!?

It’s over.

Unread 28-11-2018, 01:40 AM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
It all boils down to, yet again, woodward not knowing what the £#%&! he's doing.
Yep. More and more I am coming round to the idea of a DOF. There are certain things I agree with like putting a foot down regarding Martial but generally the Woodward era is a lesson in cluster£#%&!s.

I was never a fan of David Gill for what its worth. He benefited from having the greatest manager of all time running the show.

Unread 28-11-2018, 09:42 AM
doudou

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
Be the usual, as soon as Champions League qualification becomes mathematically impossible a contractual clause will be triggered allowing them to bin him with reduced compo.
That's obviously what'll happen.

BTW Woodie always makes me of think of Neneh Cherry singing "no money man can be my love". Sometimes get a bit of a twitch as well

Unread 28-11-2018, 09:53 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:

I actually agree with this halfwit.

I'm resigned to this being a totally lost season. Shit kit, shit manager, shit club all round.

But please.. please.. bring back United next season.

Unread 28-11-2018, 10:01 AM
TheFatGoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
This. It'll be spring time.
Closed Thread