United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-01-2018, 09:57 AM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub three hours
Collyhurst!

I can still picture it vividly in my mind. Google says It closed in 1977 and the MEN describes it as a ''dilapidated and foul-smelling former bingo hall''

I also regret not going to the Mayflowerr in Belle Vue.

To be honest most of my gigs were at the Band On The Wall or the The International.

Yep, that was the FA Cup Semi-Final replay at Maine Road, utter £#%&!ing carnage!

I went to Goodison for the first game too. I'll never forget that either. We were on an early train out of Victoria that was absolutely loaded with Uniteds lads. I'm honestly not lying to you, someone on the train pulled the emergency stop chain as we were approaching Edge Hill. The train came screeching to a stop with everyone falling about and then everyone (probably about 500 lads) piled off the train, right there in the tunnel, and marched up the tracks to Lime Street shouting War!

wasn't it the other way around? Original tie at Maine Road, replay at Goodison?

Unread 24-01-2018, 10:04 AM
sub three hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
wasn't it the other way around? Original tie at Maine Road, replay at Goodison?

You might be right, it could be age-related memory loss here, but Maine Road was a night game where-as Goodison was a Saturday afternoon. I'll try and google it in a bit

Unread 24-01-2018, 10:07 AM
thatsfuctit

Quote:

You might be right, it could be age-related memory loss here, but Maine Road was a night game where-as Goodison was a Saturday afternoon. I'll try and google it in a bit
could be me
79 was first game Maine Road, replay Goodison

85 first game Goodison, replay Maine Road.

i think.
any sorry, bit of a drift.

Unread 24-01-2018, 10:45 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Collyhurst!

I can still picture it vividly in my mind. Google says It closed in 1977 and the MEN describes it as a ''dilapidated and foul-smelling former bingo hall''

I also regret not going to the Mayflowerr in Belle Vue.

To be honest most of my gigs were at the Band On The Wall or the The International.

Yep, that was the FA Cup Semi-Final replay at Maine Road, utter £#%&!ing carnage!

I went to Goodison for the first game too. I'll never forget that either. We were on an early train out of Victoria that was absolutely loaded with Uniteds lads. I'm honestly not lying to you, someone on the train pulled the emergency stop chain as we were approaching Edge Hill. The train came screeching to a stop with everyone falling about and then everyone (probably about 500 lads) piled off the train, right there in the tunnel, and marched up the tracks to Lime Street shouting War!

Still got one of their car stickers, still on the backing, never used. silhouetted head and cap

Anybody wants it: pm

Unread 24-01-2018, 01:01 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
The price of tickets for anything these days is galactically high. Pictures, gigs, footy, £#%&! OFF.
Mars bars were 20p, cans of Coke 25p around that time though. You'd be looking at £2 and £2.50 for those by the same rate of inflation as football tickets.
Closed Thread