Closed Thread

Unread 29-10-2017, 11:33 AM
TheFatGoth

Exclamation I'm hearing Carrick to West Brom

Thanks for the memories

Unread 29-10-2017, 11:35 AM
Whip Hubley

Came from spurs and won the lot

One of the most underrated players of our time, certainly outside United. Glad he never got regularly picked for Engerlund tbh

Unread 29-10-2017, 11:41 AM
ryanMUFC

Part of a deal for Evans.

Unread 29-10-2017, 11:43 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
Part of a deal for Evans.
The what?

Unread 29-10-2017, 11:44 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
The what?
Imagine

Unread 29-10-2017, 11:47 AM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
The what?
The prodigal son.
> Phil and Mike put together combined. And he's a red.

Unread 29-10-2017, 11:48 AM
Billy Redface

Our greatest ever captain?

Unread 29-10-2017, 11:56 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
The prodigal son.
> Phil and Mike put together combined. And he's a red.
Lay of the roids mate, they're pickling your brain.

Unread 29-10-2017, 11:57 AM
Billy Redface

You all saw Evans play for us, right?

Unread 29-10-2017, 11:59 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
There's only Ryan who thinks it's a good idea

Unread 29-10-2017, 12:02 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Did you see Pique play for us?
Footballers that train 4 or 5 times a week and play regularly generally improve.

Unread 29-10-2017, 12:10 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Footballers that train 4 or 5 times a week and play regularly generally improve.
I have no idea what this post means.

The pique and Evans comparison never holds up. Pique played about 4 games for us a kid. He is Spanish and Barcelona came calling. It's not like we sold him because he was shit.

Jonny Evans played for us for what, five years? He was ok. He had his good spells, but by and large, he was disappointing.

He was as unpopular as Smalling is now and I wouldn't want him back if he stated to do ok at stoke.

Whether or not we should have sold him is up for debate..... but a couple of good years at West Brom doesn't mean we should get him back. If anything, it shows that he's a good defender on a smaller stage.

It's like dumping some bird because she's a total @#%&! and then wondering if you made a mistake when you scroll down her Instagram feed.

Unread 29-10-2017, 12:18 PM
believe

Quote:
Unless you're Jonny Evans.

Unread 29-10-2017, 12:19 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
I have no idea what this post means.

The pique and Evans comparison never holds up. Pique played about 4 games for us a kid. He is Spanish and Barcelona came calling. It's not like we sold him because he was shit.

Jonny Evans played for us for what, five years? He was ok. He had his good spells, but by and large, he was disappointing.

He was as unpopular as Smalling is now and I wouldn't want him back if he stated to do ok at stoke.

Whether or not we should have sold him is up for debate..... but a couple of good years at West Brom doesn't mean we should get him back. If anything, it shows that he's a good defender on a smaller stage.

It's like dumping some bird because she's a total c*** and then wondering if you made a mistake when you scroll down her Instagram feed.

Comparisons won't hold up until he moves to a bigger club and preforms as well as he has been doing for WBA on a bigger stage. I think he will.

I'm not an expert but I know that there aren't any on here so I'm not ashamed to give my opinion.

People also have their own idea on how the game should be played. Personally I would see us with a CB in our team with a bit more composure and better on the ball than some of the players that are already in that position.

Unread 29-10-2017, 12:20 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Comparisons won't hold up until he moves to a bigger club and preforms as well as he has been doing for WBA on a bigger stage. I think he will.

I'm not an expert but I know that there aren't any on here so I'm not ashamed to give my opinion.

People also have their own idea on how the game should be played. Personally I would see us with a CB in our team with a bit more composure and better on the ball than some of the players that are already in that position.
West Ham's 3rd and 4th goal. I rest my case.

Unread 29-10-2017, 12:23 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
West Ham's 3rd and 4th goal. I rest my case.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhDCFvNdbZs
You could type Vidic v Torres in to Youtube or Maldini defending errors, it wouldn't necessarily prove a point.

Unread 29-10-2017, 12:24 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
You could type Vidic v Torres in to Youtube or Maldini defending errors, it wouldn't necessarily prove a point.
Yeah but they actually were great defenders

Evans is an average defender who was made to look average by average players.

End of.

Unread 29-10-2017, 12:24 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Difference is Maldini and Vidic are known as great defenders...

Evans is known as average...

Unread 29-10-2017, 12:26 PM
believe

Quote:
world class defenders who had the odd bad game versus a very average defender who's had the odd good game.

Unread 29-10-2017, 12:28 PM
ryanMUFC

Evans is a good defender and would be an upgrade from who we have at the moment. Defenders make inevitably make mistakes, that was my point.
Closed Thread