United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-05-2011, 04:55 PM
MJ Ramone

Default Re: Fergie gets away with praising Webb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Well, I can say categorically that's not true because I sent them an email (I know ) with a link to Ancelotti's comments, asking if a) he was also to be charged and b) they were readying themselves for the extra workload of charging virtually every single manager in the English game.

Funnily enough, I didn't get a reply.
I think they probably meant a Newspaper Journalist or TalkSport presenter hadn't rung them up bleating about what Fergie said - I bet it happens every £#%&!ing week.
Woolnough, Barclay & co...there's probably a "Get United In Trouble" hotline.

Unread 17-05-2011, 04:59 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
Cue plethora of 'Fergie let off the hook again' 'How much more will he get away with?'...etc.....failing to see that it's the charge in the first place that is utterly ridiculous rather than the let-off itself. Not to mention the fact that he doesn't get away with stuff. The last time he was charged, he was found guilty and banned from the touchline. Crime = punishment. How is that getting away with it?

£#%&!ing morons.
Yep, you can either laugh or cry, it's that pathetic.

Unread 17-05-2011, 05:05 PM
SilverSurfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
I think they probably meant a Newspaper Journalist or TalkSport presenter hadn't rung them up bleating about what Fergie said - I bet it happens every £#%&!ing week.
The charge came out a week after he said it. You could almost imagine them scouring through the league handbook (who had ever heard of rule E3 till last week?) desperate to find something. Then some junior bright spark who'd been sent to cover a dull press conference like Villa or Fulham pipes up that "Well we asked Sparky about the referee and he said they'd all been told not to say anything naughty." "Brilliant, lad. Let's trip Fergie up that way".

A ficition maybe but when you read the judgement for the injunction for Footballer X you realise how active the tabloid media are in cooking up stories. The FA certainly seem to take their cue for action or inaction from the press and TV rather than looking at a case on its own merits.

Unread 17-05-2011, 05:37 PM
Gordon Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis lawless
FA =
It's about time they allowed, SAF too get away with somthing, even though they should never have attempted too charge him for this in the first place.

Unread 17-05-2011, 05:44 PM
Ben

Ancelotti has now also been warned about his future conduct.

http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/Disciplin...media-comments

Unread 17-05-2011, 05:59 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben

What future?

Unread 17-05-2011, 06:01 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben

Quite right, despicable behaviour.

Unread 17-05-2011, 06:10 PM
Harfynn Teuport

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Barclay has that on speed dial the despicable @#%&!.

Unread 17-05-2011, 06:14 PM
redmike

Barclay.

Unread 17-05-2011, 06:53 PM
red in cumbria

What, if anything, has the slaphead @#%&! had to say since Saturday, then??

Unread 17-05-2011, 08:19 PM
red in cumbria

Fourth?? That's generous by his standards

Unread 17-05-2011, 08:21 PM
dunk

What qualifies that @#%&! to write or talk about football?

Unread 17-05-2011, 08:28 PM
red in cumbria

He used to write for the Graun when I was a lad.

I don't recall him being anything like as bad back then, strangely enough

Unread 17-05-2011, 10:15 PM
armchair

£#%&! off back to star trek!

Unread 17-05-2011, 10:41 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
£#%&! off back to star trek!

Unread 18-05-2011, 05:11 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
What qualifies that @#%&! to write or talk about football?
he's as qualified as any of the hacks, i'll have you know.

Unread 18-05-2011, 09:30 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
he's as qualified as any of the hacks, i'll have you know.
What qualifies any of the £#%&!ers, other than the ability to arrange words into an order that reads coherently, if nonsensically?

Unread 18-05-2011, 10:04 AM
Jethro

I am hoping for a colossal £#%&! you from Fergie this weekend. Fine or not I hope he does it.

Bebe.

Unread 18-05-2011, 10:12 AM
SilverSurfer

They say truth is stranger than fiction...

From the Indy this morning

"Remarkably, the FA only became aware of Ancelotti's comments about Webb when its attention was brought to an article in the Ealing Gazette, a weekly newspaper in west London, in which the Chelsea manager's remarks, made in his weekly Friday press conference, had been reported. Most national newspapers had judged them too innocuous to report."

Apart from the last line being %@#$&!s; have these people never heard of the internet? I'm sure I read it on Skysports. Anyway, well done Zorg for tracking it down. Your paper of choice?

And as the Indy rightly points out:

"The key problem for the FA in the future will be monitoring pre-match remarks. Not every manager's words are subjected to the same scrutiny as Ferguson's and even in his case not every word is published or broadcast. The governing body faces the possibility of having to ask journalists to report any breaches of the rule."

So er, who asks the questions at these press conferences then?

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/f...e-2285413.html

Unread 18-05-2011, 10:45 AM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer
They say truth is stranger than fiction...

From the Indy this morning

"Remarkably, the FA only became aware of Ancelotti's comments about Webb when its attention was brought to an article in the Ealing Gazette, a weekly newspaper in west London, in which the Chelsea manager's remarks, made in his weekly Friday press conference, had been reported. Most national newspapers had judged them too innocuous to report."

Apart from the last line being %@#$&!s; have these people never heard of the internet? I'm sure I read it on Skysports. Anyway, well done Zorg for tracking it down. Your paper of choice?

And as the Indy rightly points out:

"The key problem for the FA in the future will be monitoring pre-match remarks. Not every manager's words are subjected to the same scrutiny as Ferguson's and even in his case not every word is published or broadcast. The governing body faces the possibility of having to ask journalists to report any breaches of the rule."

So er, who asks the questions at these press conferences then?

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/f...e-2285413.html

Not the report, what it's pointing out
Closed Thread