United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-01-2011, 05:07 PM
believe

Default Re: 83 points to win the league this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
i frequent a lot of forums, own a lot of shirts. dont see the big deal. i bleed red. always have, always will
good man

Unread 12-01-2011, 05:12 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

For the record.

2010-11 2-0 United @OT
2009-10 3-1 United @OT
2009-10 3-1 United @WHL (United had 10 men)
2008-09 5-2 United @ OT
2008-09 0-0 @ Wembley (United won on Pens)
2008-09 0-0 @WHL
form is temporary dunk

Unread 12-01-2011, 05:13 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
form is temporary dunk

Unread 12-01-2011, 05:16 PM
dunk

Quote:
form is temporary dunk

Spurs last league game they lost at Everton didn't they?

You're right though.

Unread 12-01-2011, 05:25 PM
Serenity Now

We might well win the league, indeed it's hard to foresee any other outcome at this point, but at the end of the day, would we really be the 'moral champions'? The off-the-field problems at Chelsea are clear for all to see and I think even the most blinkered of reds would admit that our football hasn't been the most entertaining this season, particularly in comparison to the likes of Arsenal and their scintillating, Gallic-inspired fare. In fact, I think it would be fair to say that Arsenal's problem could be that their football is simply too good - in their attempts to score the perfect goal, laudable though they are, they sometimes forget that every goal on the scoreboard, from the mundane to the sublime, counts equally when the ninety minutes are played, the final whistle blown, and the players' shirts exchanged in that most poignant symbol of sporting brotherhood.

Unread 12-01-2011, 05:26 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now
We might well win the league, indeed it's hard to foresee any other outcome at this point, but at the end of the day, would we really be the 'moral champions'? The off-the-field problems at Chelsea are clear for all to see and I think even the most blinkered of reds would admit that our football hasn't been the most entertaining this season, particularly in comparison to the likes of Arsenal and their scintillating, Gallic-inspired fare. In fact, I think it would be fair to say that Arsenal's problem could be that their football is simply too good - in their attempts to score the perfect goal, laudable though they are, they sometimes forget that every goal on the scoreboard, from the mundane to the sublime, counts equally when the ninety minutes are played, the final whistle blown, and the players' shirts exchanged in that most poignant symbol of sporting brotherhood.
£#%&! off

Unread 12-01-2011, 05:27 PM
dunk

Thumbs up Re: 83 points to win the league this year.

I agree.

We should win it, and then present it Arsenal as a symbol of our inferiority in the pretty passing department.

Unread 12-01-2011, 05:29 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I agree.

We should win it, and then present it Arsenal as a symbol of our inferiority in the pretty passing department.
especially if they come third

Unread 12-01-2011, 05:29 PM
forwardirektion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now
Henry Winter has nicked Nowsers log in.

Unread 12-01-2011, 05:38 PM
The Watcher

Thumbs up Re: 83 points to win the league this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by forwardirektion
Nowsers

Unread 12-01-2011, 05:52 PM
carlosartorial

I love Henry Winter on twitter, hes got to be on a wum.

Unread 12-01-2011, 06:03 PM
Withers

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
I love Henry Winter on twitter, hes got to be on a wum.
I stopped following him.

I just couldn't bear it any longer.

What's he papping on about now?

Edit- Didn't read up. I guess it was a general comment?

Unread 12-01-2011, 06:08 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withers
I stopped following him.

I just couldn't bear it any longer.

What's he papping on about now?
He's got worse. Every tweet prompts a barrage of abuse from reds and he never responds....so I've reached the conclusion he does it on purpose.

Best recent one was his 'Happy 25th Birthday David Silva, thank-you for gracing the English game with your indescribably sublime skills' tweet.

Unread 12-01-2011, 06:11 PM
jaffo

Quote:
He's got worse. Every tweet prompts a barrage of abuse from reds and he never responds....so I've reached the conclusion he does it on purpose.

Best recent one was his 'Happy 25th Birthday David Silva, thank-you for gracing the English game with your indescribably sublime skills' tweet.
That has to be a wum, might start following him

Unread 12-01-2011, 06:18 PM
Withers

Quote:

Tries his hardest to be a wordsmith.

Just comes across as a pompous #@&%!. I couldn't take it.

Unread 02-02-2011, 01:13 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Maximum points;

Utd - 98
City - 90
Arsenal - 91
Spurs - 87
Chelsea - 86

Probably won't even need 83
Utd - 96
Arsenal - 91
City - 87
Chelsea - 86
Spurs - 83

Wolves, City and Wigan next. Win those before the game against Chelsea and things will be looking very good

Unread 14-02-2011, 04:04 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Utd - 96
Arsenal - 91
City - 87
Chelsea - 86
Spurs - 83

Wolves, City and Wigan next. Win those before the game against Chelsea and things will be looking very good
Utd - 93
Arsenal - 89
City - 82
Spurs - 83
Chelsea - 83

Don't think Reddles is gonna be too far off

Unread 14-02-2011, 04:39 PM
Gordon Hill

Quote:
Maximum points;

Utd - 98
City - 90
Arsenal - 91
Spurs - 87
Chelsea - 86

Probably won't even need 83
You may well be right, but just for the sheer fun of it, let's hope, United win all their remaining games & that would see them finish with 93 points, as things stand at the moment after our win against the bitter blues

Unread 14-02-2011, 04:44 PM
fix up look SHARPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Hill
You may well be right, but just for the sheer fun of it, let's hope, United win all their remaining games & that would see them finish with 93 points, as things stand at the moment after our win against the bitter blues
spot on as per gorders.

Unread 14-02-2011, 04:53 PM
Harri Jaffa

Would love to wrap the league against Arsenal leaving them crying into the snoods and with Chelsea coming up the weekend after to celebrate
Closed Thread