Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum
Were you in Salou?
Yes pal, that rings bells.

Unread 22-05-2019, 03:44 PM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock
living in Hong Kong at the time so went out with work lads for dinner then on to an Irish boozer in Wanchai (Delaneys possibly) to watch the game which started about 3 am £#%&!in bladdered. At the time I thought they had played ok up to end of the 90 mins though everyone else said they had been very lucky . Carnage when the second went in

Funnily enough, have never watched the match in full again since, only ever the highlights
I didn't think we'd been played off the park until I re-watched the game.

Bayern were pretty unlucky tbf.

Unread 22-05-2019, 03:49 PM
Seamus

it was a mad couple of weeks, I doubt it will ever happen again. we had a couple of mates who was on our trip passed since as well

Unread 22-05-2019, 03:50 PM
jaffo

I was at home with two very small children. I got offered a ticket about a week before but simply couldn’t afford to go. Well, I could have but it would have meant the family holiday would go out of the window.

Watched it on my own on the telly and drank a bottle of champagne after the final whistle went : paulparkerspubes:

Mrs J got in to find me pissed and dancing around the living room on my own

Unread 22-05-2019, 04:07 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Camp Nou.

Proper battle getting in as we booked tickets with Millwest (rather than the club) who decided to go bust mid trip

Was out there for about a week but spent the morning of the match sharing my vodka fanta limon with Bez (who took nearly all of it) and then went up to the ground and found a barca tout (barca fans were allocated some tickets ) for £200.

We were on the edge of the united german fans but pretty much in the german end. Fortunately I was with some head the balls so all the german lot were trying to shake our hands afterwards.

'Vell done to you Manchester, ve'll be back' in very robotic german accents.

Can't remember a more emotional goon in my life. Felt numb and drained afterwards. Was delirious but sort of 'out of body' at the same time. Might have something to do with the jack and jills we were hammering on the days leading up to the match. No idea. Couldn't really speak going back to the airport. V difficult to describe.

Got married 3 days later

Bunged some money to the hospice pal.

Unread 22-05-2019, 04:41 PM
My Name is Keith

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd

Bunged some money to the hospice pal.
Thanks pal, you’re a star man.

Unread 22-05-2019, 04:44 PM
dinger

In my local barely touching my drinks, then after Ian Brown gig.

He came on v late.

Unread 22-05-2019, 05:03 PM
est.1878

Thumbs up

Nostgalia up to a nice 8/10

Is there an ITV news archive motherload anywhere . was on tv all day 28th may from the parade....

Unread 22-05-2019, 05:10 PM
Seamus

Nostalgia is all we have now, that and Ashley Young

Unread 22-05-2019, 05:44 PM
Spock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus
Nostalgia is all we have now, that and Ashley Young
£#%&!ing hell stoney

Unread 22-05-2019, 05:55 PM
Child of Darkness

Behind the goal reds

2 tier right hand goal post .

Still got my ticket somewhere

Unread 22-05-2019, 06:08 PM
ericcantona

Was allowed to stay up at home to watch it very young at the time just remember my family screaming going mad.

My dad went straight from Wembley 20 year ago today to Benidorm for his stag do, drove down to Barca, had the greatest night of his life in Nou Camp (his words not mine) and then drove back to finish his stag do in benners. Possibly the best stag do anyone’s ever had.

Unread 22-05-2019, 06:11 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by messhead
Watching it on an absolute unit of a TV with my dad and my little bro. Sounds a bit sad but probably one of the happiest times of my life, being in that room jumping up and down like maniacs together. My dad had grown increasingly irate throughout the game and all of a sudden he was exploding with joy. Still remember the buzz. Can only imagine what it would have been like to be at the game in person.
My dad stormed out in disgust when Yorke (?) shanked that chance with a few minutes to go

Took a while to find him afterwards and inform him of what had happened. He didn't believe me at first.

Unread 22-05-2019, 06:11 PM
Child of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcantona
Was allowed to stay up at home to watch it very young at the time just remember my family screaming going mad.

My dad went straight from Wembley 20 year ago today to Benidorm for his stag do, drove down to Barca, had the greatest night of his life in Nou Camp (his words not mine) and then drove back to finish his stag do in benners. Possibly the best stag do anyone’s ever had.
Challenge accepted

Unread 22-05-2019, 06:15 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcantona

Up*

Unread 22-05-2019, 06:18 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Up*

They drive on the other side of the road over there pal.

Unread 22-05-2019, 06:32 PM
Redrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Yes pal, that rings bells.
We were prob in same hotel, coach etc...

Unread 22-05-2019, 06:37 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
That's only when he's eating.
Not a chance you went draggers you didn’t know players back then to get in

Jack Duckworth

camp nou, based in calella. slept on the beach for 2 nights and nearly £#%&!ed up my a levels. what a £#%&!ing week that was

ericcantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Not a chance you went draggers you didn’t know players back then to get in
Someone’s jel..
Closed Thread