United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-05-2019, 01:06 PM
My Name is Keith

Camp Nou.

Proper battle getting in as we booked tickets with Millwest (rather than the club) who decided to go bust mid trip

Was out there for about a week but spent the morning of the match sharing my vodka fanta limon with Bez (who took nearly all of it) and then went up to the ground and found a barca tout (barca fans were allocated some tickets ) for £200.

We were on the edge of the united german fans but pretty much in the german end. Fortunately I was with some head the balls so all the german lot were trying to shake our hands afterwards.

'Vell done to you Manchester, ve'll be back' in very robotic german accents.

Can't remember a more emotional goon in my life. Felt numb and drained afterwards. Was delirious but sort of 'out of body' at the same time. Might have something to do with the jack and jills we were hammering on the days leading up to the match. No idea. Couldn't really speak going back to the airport. V difficult to describe.

Got married 3 days later

Unread 22-05-2019, 01:10 PM
Chorlton74

Poulton Le Bastard Fylde. Watched it in a pub called The Bull.

week earlier I had a ticket. £12 I think and a 2 week holiday to salou sorted. my dad was terminally ill. couldn't justify going away for a fortnight if anything happened as he lived on his own. so gave it up. went to the parade the day after, picked my dad up, he asked me why I hadn't gone out for it. told him, his reply, "you should've gone"

the parade was the last time we saw the United team as dad and lad.

word has it, my ticket and holiday was transferred over to some doris who liked to be locked up in suitcases.

Unread 22-05-2019, 01:11 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Camp Nou.

Proper battle getting in as we booked tickets with Millwest (rather than the club) who decided to go bust mid trip

Was out there for about a week but spent the morning of the match sharing my vodka fanta limon with Bez (who took nearly all of it) and then went up to the ground and found a barca tout (barca fans were allocated some tickets ) for £200.

We were on the edge of the united german fans but pretty much in the german end. Fortunately I was with some head the balls so all the german lot were trying to shake our hands afterwards.

Can't remember a more emotional goon in my life. Felt numb and drained afterwards. Was delirious but sort of 'out of body' at the same time. Might have something to do with the jack and jills we were hammering on the days leading up to the match. No idea. Couldn't really speak going back to the airport. V difficult to describe.

Got married 3 days later
Got mine also from a Barca socio standing outside the ground. Mates got tickets from a Bayern fan and had to sit in the German end.

Was there for a good few days before and after. Saw the Barca open top bus - LVG and Pep.

What a time though. Right up there with the birth of my first as the most emotional evening of my life. Remember the pissed up me telling myself that after that I didn’t care if we never won a game ever again. That didn’t last too long

Unread 22-05-2019, 01:12 PM
signed dc

Was there, pitch level behind the goal

Quote:
Camp Nou.

Got married 3 days later
Yeah weird afterwards, felt like what I'd imagine electric shock therapy to be like.

Unread 22-05-2019, 01:16 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Camp Nou.

Got married 3 days later

Unread 22-05-2019, 01:30 PM
Redrum

Caught last 5 mins.
In a hotel bar in Barcelona

Unread 22-05-2019, 01:35 PM
TravellingRed

At camp nou, was only 17 went with my dad. Ended up £#%&!ing plastered trying to keep up with him and his mates drinking.

Unread 22-05-2019, 01:35 PM
The Stella Fella

Nou Camp.

Could feel the concrete underneath us moving when that second goal went in

Unread 22-05-2019, 01:39 PM
Seamus

Camp Nou

Bottom tier near the right corner flag

We were supposed to drive over via a mini bus after the fa cup final but when we went to get the Salford van hire they double booked us an offered us 2 people carriers. I was the only non drinker so we declined and got flights from Gatwick to Ibiza on the Saturday night. We got the ferry from Ibiza to Barca on the Tuesday and came back Wednesday night to Ibiza and back in England on the Sunday.

Great days, I remember ringing home from a phone box after the match to my mu and dad

Unread 22-05-2019, 01:39 PM
Redrum

Quote:
Camp Nou.

Was out there for about a week but spent the morning of the match sharing my vodka fanta limon with Bez
Millwest too. Got some fakes but didnt get it. Still regret not jumping the turnstile.
Bumped into Bez in the Airport. Carnage getting home as flight was cancelled wasnt it? just recall everyone piling on a flight.

Unread 22-05-2019, 01:41 PM
Seamus

with regards Millwest, without going off on a tangent we got ripped off by a crowd called Minster travel when it was Rotterdam and had to get the ferry....got there in the end though.

Unread 22-05-2019, 02:18 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum
Millwest too. Got some fakes but didnt get it. Still regret not jumping the turnstile.
Bumped into Bez in the Airport. Carnage getting home as flight was cancelled wasnt it? just recall everyone piling on a flight.
Yeah, remember some shit at the airport but I was so unarsed by that stage. Real shitter not getting in pal - feel for you.

The days leading up to the match with the no show tickets were horrific. Made worse because I could have easily got one from the club but instead decided to go with Millwest. We kept getting ' the tickets will be at Mcr airport, actually no, the tickets will now be at the Spanish airport, sorry, they'll now be at the hotel, ermm, change of plan they'll be on the coach going into barca, they'll be in barca etc'.

Was close to throttling the lad who was our lead albeit he was a bit of a head the ball too.

Ended up getting some money back off Millwest which was a huge surprise.

On another point: some of my mates are currently going back over there today/tomorrow for charity (Bury Hospice) in cars across France in memory of a mate of ours who died recently of cancer.

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraisi...s-50th-mission

Unread 22-05-2019, 02:23 PM
dragflick

Thumbs up

Quote:
Yeah, remember some shit at the airport but I was so unarsed by that stage. Real shitter not getting in pal - feel for you.

The days leading up to the match with the no show tickets were horrific. Made worse because I could have easily got one from the club but instead decided to go with Millwest. We kept getting ' the tickets will be at Mcr airport, actually no, the tickets will now be at the Spanish airport, sorry, they'll now be at the hotel, ermm, change of plan they'll be on the coach going into barca, they'll be in barca etc'.

Was close to throttling the lad who was our lead albeit he was a bit of a head the ball too.

Ended up getting some money back off Millwest which was a huge surprise.

On another point: some of my mates are currently going back over there today/tomorrow for charity (Bury Hospice) in cars across France in memory of a mate of ours who died recently of cancer.

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraisi...s-50th-mission
Just slung a tenner in Keithers.

Unread 22-05-2019, 02:36 PM
Seamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Just slung a tenner in Keithers.
same. Good cause

Unread 22-05-2019, 02:45 PM
tatty

Watched it in the WO's & SNCO's Mess with a shirt and tie on.

Wild.

Unread 22-05-2019, 02:56 PM
My Name is Keith

Many thanks both - absolutely no need but appreciate it hugely.

Unread 22-05-2019, 02:58 PM
Vedder

Was about to turn 11 years old, watched it in my dads. Just remember jumping on my dads back and him running through the £#%&!ing house going mental.

Unread 22-05-2019, 03:24 PM
dragflick

Thumbs up

Quote:
Many thanks both - absolutely no need but appreciate it hugely.
Not a prob, good on 'em

Unread 22-05-2019, 03:26 PM
Redrum

Quote:
The days leading up to the match with the no show tickets were horrific.
Were you in Salou?

Unread 22-05-2019, 03:38 PM
Spock

living in Hong Kong at the time so went out with work lads for dinner then on to an Irish boozer in Wanchai (Delaneys possibly) to watch the game which started about 3 am £#%&!in bladdered. At the time I thought they had played ok up to end of the 90 mins though everyone else said they had been very lucky . Carnage when the second went in

Funnily enough, have never watched the match in full again since, only ever the highlights
Closed Thread