United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-07-2019, 08:40 PM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Bid 'going in' this week according to the Telegraph.
So bid being prepared still?

Unread 02-07-2019, 09:36 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stella Fella
Woody had to send out for a new quill and fresh ink.

It’s on a 6 week lead from the Dutch East Indies

Unread 02-07-2019, 09:52 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Still undecided on the font of the email...

Calibri means business in my opinion.

Unread 02-07-2019, 10:10 PM
AK14

Reckon this will be sorted before the weekend.

James, Wan Bissaka and Longstaff in for the start of pre season is pretty good going tbf.

Unread 02-07-2019, 10:43 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Reckon this will be sorted before the weekend.

James, Wan Bissaka and Longstaff in for the start of pre season is pretty good going tbf.
Certainly is.

We bitch and moan on here, but we're doing our business quite swiftly and there seems to be a plan.

Unread 02-07-2019, 10:55 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
Certainly is.

We bitch and moan on here, but we're doing our business quite swiftly and there seems to be a plan.
What's the £#%&!ing plan exactly?

Operation: treadwater? Codename: Secure 6th?

£#%&! me.

Unread 02-07-2019, 11:23 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

£#%&! me.
In my defence, I never said it was a good one.

Unread 02-07-2019, 11:28 PM
Buck

James, Wan-Bissaka, Longstaff, Maguire all have one thing in common...

Operation Brexit Means Brexit

Unread 02-07-2019, 11:30 PM
Stickman

Quote:

Unread 02-07-2019, 11:31 PM
The Stella Fella

Quote:

£#%&! me.
So who would you have signed to secure top 4 or above ?

Unread 02-07-2019, 11:31 PM
Sparky***

Quote:

Quote:
So who would you have signed to secure top 4 or above ?
It’s always hilarious to me when people say stuff like this, As if I couldn’t possibly suggest anyone better than some kid at Newcastle or Swansea.

If thats the limit of our ambition now, then by all means enjoy it. But if you think signing these type of players is going to get us any nearer the top 3 you’re deluded.

Unread 03-07-2019, 07:21 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:

It’s always hilarious to me when people say stuff like this, As if I couldn’t possibly suggest anyone better than some kid at Newcastle or Swansea.

If thats the limit of our ambition now, then by all means enjoy it. But if you think signing these type of players is going to get us any nearer the top 3 you’re deluded.
Liverpool won the CL with a midfielder from Sunderland and a left back from Hull (was it?), a centre back from southampton and Belgiums worst player of the season 2017/18

couldn't give a shite where they come from tbh, it's about if we have the right setup to get a tune out of them

which we don't

not sure of my point

Unread 03-07-2019, 07:36 AM
The Stella Fella

Quote:

But never seem to answer. Sidestepped again. So come on start nailing your views to the board.....give some names......

This lad just might have the passion to do something at Utd unlike Shaw, Martial, Jesse, Pogba etc

Unread 03-07-2019, 10:00 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:

Granted, we should be signing the kind of superstars klopp has bought for liveroool.

Unread 03-07-2019, 04:39 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Liverpool won the CL with a midfielder from Sunderland and a left back from Hull (was it?), a centre back from southampton and Belgiums worst player of the season 2017/18

couldn't give a shite where they come from tbh, it's about if we have the right setup to get a tune out of them

which we don't

not sure of my point

Agreed. As bad as our recruitment has been we have still failed to the most out of what we have. Signing young players with potential is nothing new for us even in the post fergie years, making them discernibly better is.

Unread 03-07-2019, 04:42 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Granted, we should be signing the kind of superstars klopp has bought for liveroool.
I see. So we’re ignoring the major factor behind them having a record breaking season last year was them spending 75m on a centre back and 60m on a goalkeeper?

Ok. Cool.

Unread 03-07-2019, 04:50 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:

which we don't

not sure of my point
People always bring up the liverpool example. They have been shit for the last 10 years with their buying average players of shit teams.

Benteke
Clyne
Lambert
Mignolet

Etc etc . Its taken them 10 years to sign about 3 good players from midtable teams.

Longstaff hasnt even broken into the newcastle side and daniel janes was about to be £#%&!ed off to leeds last jan for 8.5 million.

Unread 03-07-2019, 04:52 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
People always bring up the liverpool example. They have been shit for the last 10 years with their buying average players of shit teams.

Benteke
Clyne
Lambert
Mignolet

Etc etc . Its taken them 10 years to sign about 3 good players from midtable teams.

Longstaff hasnt even broken into the newcastle side and daniel janes was about to be £#%&!ed off to leeds last jan for 8.5 million.
Spurs tried to send Gareth Bale on loan to Nottingham Forest the season he suddenly became a top player..

Unread 03-07-2019, 04:54 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:

which we don't

not sure of my point
It's the spot on one, until we fix the club structure and get people who have half a clue about what they are doing in we could spend 500 mill and still be all over the place. Also, as for now, the likes of pogba et el will have these new young guys ruined in a season.

Unread 03-07-2019, 04:57 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Spurs tried to send Gareth Bale on loan to Nottingham Forest the season he suddenly became a top player..
How often does that happen though? Its a rare isolated rare incident. You would think giving ole the job in feb he would have a set of scout reports from the top 4/5 leagues in europe. Longstaff has literally not played ( in all his 8 games) since feb/march. So what the heck sre they basing signing him up on? A youtube video?!
Closed Thread