United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-10-2019, 08:44 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Out of order that imo. There's some things you just don't joke about.
Was just about to turn on ole.

Unread 11-10-2019, 07:16 AM
Knockers

Jesus. Keep this Bride of Wildenstein £#%&!er away from OT.

Unread 11-10-2019, 07:20 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockers
https://twitter.com/english_as/statu...245875712?s=21

Jesus. Keep this Bride of Wildenstein £#%&!er away from OT.
defo from leeds with 9 fingers

Unread 11-10-2019, 08:11 AM
AK14

Unread 11-10-2019, 08:19 AM
Dasilvatwins

£#%&! me enough of the press briefings you bald @#%&!(woodward). Just sign players who can play football. Its simple

Unread 11-10-2019, 08:32 AM
windy waffles

Sancho and Maddison then.

Unread 11-10-2019, 08:39 AM
Sparky***

He looks like a Bo Selecta face

Unread 11-10-2019, 02:11 PM
Ranier Wolfcastle

What is this obsession with British players crap?

Unread 11-10-2019, 02:13 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranier Wolfcastle
I think it’s their way of saving face because none of the young foreign players want to come to us.

I don’t mind really, just so long as we make the right signings with the quality needed to play for us.

Unread 11-10-2019, 05:26 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
There isn’t one, it’s about character and the interest in playing for united above others. There’s also the cultural and settling in aspect. I’m sure being British will provide a tiebreaker in close decisions, but a superior foreign player with the right attributes isn’t going to be rejected for a shitter British player.

Unread 11-10-2019, 06:00 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
There isn’t one, it’s about character and the interest in playing for united above others. There’s also the cultural and settling in aspect. I’m sure being British will provide a tiebreaker in close decisions, but a superior foreign player with the right attributes isn’t going to be rejected for a shitter British player.
Ey up, the Director of Football has been appointed and logged in...

Unread 11-10-2019, 06:10 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Ey up, the Director of Football has been appointed and logged in...
It’s not official yet.

Unread 11-10-2019, 06:39 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Imagine bayern munich fans saying "what's with this obsession with signing german players crap?"

Unread 11-10-2019, 09:55 PM
Ranier Wolfcastle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Imagine bayern munich fans saying "what's with this obsession with signing german players crap?"
Imagine Bayern Munich fans watching nearly a decade filled with the equivalents of Jones, Smalling, Cleverley and Ashley Young

Unread 11-10-2019, 11:06 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Imagine Bayern Munich fans watching nearly a decade filled with the equivalents of Jones, Smalling, Cleverley and Ashley Young
Yes but they weren't bought *because* they were English, and nor is that the main reason for their inadequacies as footballers.

Unread 15-10-2019, 01:03 PM
Baron

A lot of chatter around Rakatic the last couple of days.

Obviously we should have been trying to sign the lad that keeps him out of the Barca starting XI, Frenkie de Jong, but that ship has sailed.

What we need, especially in the midfield, is some experience & leadership. If we want to show the likes of McTommers & Garner how to be a top professional, we could do a lot worse. He's only 31... it could be a great signing so long as his legs haven't gone / he's not about to go full Matic & keel over.

Barca wanted €50m in the summer, confirmed by Rakatic himself as Ronaldo called to ask him to join Juve but the price was too high. Now being touted around €10m less.... feels like a no brainer?

Unread 15-10-2019, 01:10 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron

Obviously we should have been trying to sign the lad that keeps him out of the Barca starting XI, Frenkie de Jong, but that ship has sailed.

What we need, especially in the midfield, is some experience & leadership. If we want to show the likes of McTommers & Garner how to be a top professional, we could do a lot worse. He's only 31... it could be a great signing so long as his legs haven't gone / he's not about to go full Matic & keel over.

Barca wanted €50m in the summer, confirmed by Rakatic himself as Ronaldo called to ask him to join Juve but the price was too high. Now being touted around €10m less.... feels like a no brainer?
He’s been very inconsistent since scoring in the CL final against Juve. But he’s an immediate upgrade on anything we have and on his day he is genuinely top class. His age would be a concern given he’s already hit and miss.

Unread 15-10-2019, 01:47 PM
Sparky***

Quote:

we'll end up signing that lad from leicester for 100m

Unread 15-10-2019, 02:00 PM
shenwen

Quote:

Isn’t he the one who doesn’t like the gays?

Unread 15-10-2019, 02:02 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Isn’t he the one who doesn’t like the gays?
Yes.

Quote:
"I respect homosexuals, but I do not want those people in the locker room.

I would not leave a team for that, because I respect a homosexual equal to a black, a fat or a dwarf, but if possible I prefer not to have gays in my life."
Great player, but sounds a like a bit of a #@&%!.
Closed Thread