United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Love United, Hate Glazer

Unread 30-07-2012, 10:43 PM
Zorg

Football Open letter to Ferguson

Thought it probably deserved its own thread.

http://andersred.blogspot.co.uk/2012...-sir-alex.html

Quote:
Dear Sir Alex,

As lifelong Manchester United fans, we are disappointed and concerned by quotes attributed to you in a recent interview. Many of us are the same fans who protested to denounce Cubic Expression back in 2005. These are the same fans who had previously offered you their unwavering support during your private dispute over Rock of Gibraltar's breeding rights, despite Cubic Expression raising some very pertinent questions. In the spirit of fairness, we would like to invite you to clarify these comments by responding to a brief summary of our concerns:

1. You suggested that ‘the majority of real fans will look at it [Glazer ownership] and see that it’s not affecting the team’. Can you clarify what constitutes a real fan?

2. With thousands of fans leaving the club in protest over the Glazer regime, do you consider these time-served reds to be less than real fans?

3. Have you personally met with any of the dissenters to determine how deep their commitment and affection for United may be?

4. What are your thoughts on an atmosphere which gets markedly worse each season as more and more local, traditional fans are marginalised and alienated from the club?

5. You are also quoted in the interview as claiming ‘I’m absolutely comfortable with the Glazers situation. They’ve been great’. You are clearly aware of the opposition from the United fan base - does that not make you uncomfortable in any way?

6. What, in your view, would constitute poor owners?

7. You have repeatedly claimed to have been backed financially whenever you have requested transfer funds. Is this your only consideration when determining what represents great ownership?

8. You continued the interview by saying that, ‘the salaries, agent fees – is just getting ridiculous now’. Whilst we agree in tone, it does represent a sea change in attitude from pre Glazer transfers. Agent fees in both the Ferdinand and Rooney transfers were criticised at the time for being excessive, so why does the club now refuse to meet market conditions for the top players?

9. Do you believe Jorge Mendes’s £2.6m cut of the Bébé transfer, a full 35% of the total fee paid, represented good value?

10. With more than £250k leaving the club each day to service the Glazer debt, totalling over £500m since the takeover, is it so reprehensible for us to question your constant references to ‘value’?

Given your personal background and previous support for fan involvement we hope you take the trouble to respond to our deep concerns about both the club’s situation and the wording of the interview quoted.

Signed
Concerned Manchester United Fans

Unread 30-07-2012, 10:54 PM
fix up look SHARPE

can't wait to hear fergie's response

"open letters" are without exception, a bag of cringe

Unread 30-07-2012, 10:56 PM
Bunker Buster

Open letters.

How £#%&!ing scouse.

Unread 30-07-2012, 10:58 PM
Sparky***

I think we all know exactly what response anything of this nature will be met with.

Unread 30-07-2012, 11:05 PM
jem

next time someone wants to write a letter, ask for help. that is pretty lame.

Unread 30-07-2012, 11:14 PM
Cream

I actually like the letter, only problem is that it should be read to him in his family home, whilst duct taped to his Parker Knoll leather armchair.

Unread 30-07-2012, 11:59 PM
Stickman

SAF: 'not reading all that'

Unread 31-07-2012, 12:03 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
SAF: 'not reading all that'

Unread 31-07-2012, 12:09 AM
elephantstone

What next, a £#%&!ing intervention?

Open letter my arse.

Unread 31-07-2012, 12:23 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

Open letters.

How £#%&!ing scouse.
i saw the tweet earlier and thought i'd logged in as Robbie Fowler for some reason

what a joke

andersred is sound though, cant see why he's lowered himself to post that shit

Unread 31-07-2012, 01:54 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
i saw the tweet earlier and thought i'd logged in as Robbie Fowler for some reason

what a joke

andersred is sound though, cant see why he's lowered himself to post that shit
Not seen it on twitter myself....

Just not a fan of Open letters....Prefer the suspense of opening an envelope

Unread 31-07-2012, 02:48 AM
M-13

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
What next, a £#%&!ing intervention?

Open letter my arse.
Agreed, looks like something that would be posted on RAWK.

Unread 31-07-2012, 03:08 AM
Gruber

:shakehead: Open Letters ffs. Like Froggie will give a £#%&!.

All those questions could be answered by asking one

Why haven't we signed a midfielder?

Unread 31-07-2012, 03:31 AM
Stickman

so so gay

Unread 31-07-2012, 03:57 AM
awesomo83

Never really had read much about the Bebe transfer until now...

Cant believe we signed someone that SAF had never seen play. Bebes agent Jorge Mendes is also the agent for Queiroz. Mendes tells Queiroz to have a word with SAF to make him sign Bebe which earns him 3.6 million euro, perhaps sharing some of that with Queiroz for his trouble..

SAF and United end up with a shite Bebe
Mendes and Queiroz make over 3 million :shakehead:

Unread 31-07-2012, 04:31 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomo83
Never really had read much about the Bebe transfer until now...

Cant believe we signed someone that SAF had never seen play. Bebes agent Jorge Mendes is also the agent for Queiroz. Mendes tells Queiroz to have a word with SAF to make him sign Bebe which earns him 3.6 million euro, perhaps sharing some of that with Queiroz for his trouble..

SAF and United end up with a shite Bebe
Mendes and Queiroz make over 3 million :shakehead:
do you know anything about our wait and see policy?

Unread 31-07-2012, 04:52 AM
believe

Some funny £#%&!ers on facebook today talking about how we should get the G&G campaign going again.

Unread 31-07-2012, 05:06 AM
bcred

Re G&G

I was thinking that myself,I realise I'm a long ways away and often it's difficult to get a handle on what's going on.

What would be so wrong in getting it going again?

Unread 31-07-2012, 05:13 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcred
Re G&G

I was thinking that myself,I realise I'm a long ways away and often it's difficult to get a handle on what's going on.

What would be so wrong in getting it going again?
I'm not allowed to say otherwise muffers and bunks will tell me off.

Unread 31-07-2012, 05:18 AM
bcred

fair enough,I'll wait for the "top red" verdict to be published.
In the meantime,I'm not buying a £#%&!ing Chevy.