Unread 22-05-2019, 06:40 PM
djsst

Nou camp ....On a delayed Monarch Airlines ...last flight out of ringway

Unread 22-05-2019, 08:52 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
camp nou, based in calella. slept on the beach for 2 nights and nearly £#%&!ed up my a levels. what a £#%&!ing week that was
Calella Reds
I broke my cheek bone at around 4am on the morning of the match pissed out of my skull, I managed to fall face first off a bin "showing them Germans how to sing" I got up dancing about like a loon "I've broke my face, I've broke my face!" only for my uncle to tell me to "stop being a @#%&!" Told him I was going to find a hospital so I wondered off on my Todd only for the police to grab me and chuck me in the back of a police van. All I did was shout over and over "Hotel pensioner! Hotel Pensioner!" When suddenly it hit me that I had me Dad's and our kids match tickets on me. (We had been warned about pick pockets before hand so I decided that whenever we left the hotel I would put them in an envelope and masking tape them around my shin like a makeshift shin pad I brought 5 envelopes and a roll of masking tape with me ) after what seemed like an eternity the police van stops and I start to prepare to leg it as soon as the doors open. As the doors open I jump out only to realise that they had dropped me off at the front door to the hotel.
Went into my room and showed our kid what a mess I'd made of my eye only to be called a daft @#%&!. Had about 3 hours kip and was back on the beer at breakfast to set me up for the greatest day of my life.

Unread 22-05-2019, 08:55 PM
Long tongue phooey

got a week in a shit hole of an all inclusive hotel in Salou 3 days before, the train ride up the coast on the day of the match was brilliant, grabbed a ticket for 200 quid outside the ground, the game was a bit of a blur, seemed to wake up a couple of hours later celebrating on Las Ramblas, bought some resin whilst drunk from a big african dude which turned out to be coffee and I couldn't have cared less, ended up taking a taxi all the way back to salou at 5am with about 6 of us crammed in all singing yip jaap stam which the taxi driver eventually joined in.

Unread 22-05-2019, 08:57 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcantona
Someone’s jel..
No hair for jel tbh

Unread 22-05-2019, 09:17 PM
jem

dilmun club, bahrain. big screen. rows of seats. just me and the indian staff.

I think they had the same response as the puppy when we scored twice.

not as good as the 85 cup final, but still..... £#%&! it, I can't even think about the @#%&!s in our team now.

Unread 23-05-2019, 02:50 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long tongue phooey
got a week in a shit hole of an all inclusive hotel in Salou 3 days before, the train ride up the coast on the day of the match was brilliant, grabbed a ticket for 200 quid outside the ground, the game was a bit of a blur, seemed to wake up a couple of hours later celebrating on Las Ramblas, bought some resin whilst drunk from a big african dude which turned out to be coffee and I couldn't have cared less, ended up taking a taxi all the way back to salou at 5am with about 6 of us crammed in all singing yip jaap stam which the taxi driver eventually joined in.
Mate of mine (non-red) was in Salou on a proper holiday with his girlfirend. Came down/up to Barca to meet me for a beer and said he hadn't lept as United fans in the room next door were singing Yip Jaap Stam all night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of Darkness
Behind the goal reds

2 tier right hand goal post .

Still got my ticket somewhere
Kept my ticket and one of the posters I'd nabbed.
Few years later went home to pick up and my old lady said she had lost it. The poster was huge and I'd stuck it in a frame

We never spoke again.

Unread 23-05-2019, 07:39 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
dilmun club, bahrain. big screen. rows of seats. just me and the indian staff.

I think they had the same response as the puppy when we scored twice.

not as good as the 85 cup final, but still..... £#%&! it, I can't even think about the @#%&!s in our team now.
Peak Jem right there.

Unread 23-05-2019, 07:42 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Peak Jem right there.
my favourite game. soz.

Unread 23-05-2019, 09:15 AM
dragflick

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Not a chance you went draggers you didn’t know players back then to get in
Hi pal, new to post 11?

https://www.utdforum.com/forum/showp...2&postcount=11

Unread 23-05-2019, 09:24 AM
Jack Duckworth

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon
Calella Reds
I broke my cheek bone at around 4am on the morning of the match pissed out of my skull, I managed to fall face first off a bin "showing them Germans how to sing" I got up dancing about like a loon "I've broke my face, I've broke my face!" only for my uncle to tell me to "stop being a @#%&!" Told him I was going to find a hospital so I wondered off on my Todd only for the police to grab me and chuck me in the back of a police van. All I did was shout over and over "Hotel pensioner! Hotel Pensioner!" When suddenly it hit me that I had me Dad's and our kids match tickets on me. (We had been warned about pick pockets before hand so I decided that whenever we left the hotel I would put them in an envelope and masking tape them around my shin like a makeshift shin pad I brought 5 envelopes and a roll of masking tape with me ) after what seemed like an eternity the police van stops and I start to prepare to leg it as soon as the doors open. As the doors open I jump out only to realise that they had dropped me off at the front door to the hotel.
Went into my room and showed our kid what a mess I'd made of my eye only to be called a daft @#%&!. Had about 3 hours kip and was back on the beer at breakfast to set me up for the greatest day of my life.

Unread 25-05-2019, 06:33 PM
signed dc

This is an excellent read

https://www.eurosport.co.uk/football...mpression=true

Unread 25-05-2019, 07:06 PM
red in cumbria

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by signed dc
Yep, terrific stuff.

Shame about Smyth's "shredding his legacy" howler, he is an very accomplished writer.

Unread 25-05-2019, 07:34 PM
sa7

Quote:
Wow

Yhgr

Unread 25-05-2019, 07:39 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Any mention of Schmeichel on the phone to his agent in the dressing room after the game asking about any news from other clubs?

The @#%&!.

Unread 25-05-2019, 09:57 PM
CyrilSkeer

Had tickets but couldn't go as I had a law exam at uni first thing next day. Was shit faced and soaked in the fountains of Albert square at around midnight. Watched in the uni student union which went absolutely mental as Sheringham scored.

Unread 25-05-2019, 10:54 PM
Neo

Thumbs up

Nou Camp.

Left the ground on 85 mins to beat the rush.

Arsed.

Unread 25-05-2019, 11:00 PM
Pepe le Pew

This time 20 years ago I was on a coach somewhere in France after having left Chorlton Street at 7am on the Tuesday morning. Got to Barcelona at 10.30 on the Wednesday morning, had seats in tier 2 behind our goal with my dad; £28 each. Back on the coach at midnight and got back to Manchester at 3am Friday morning. 26.5 hours there and 28 hours back with just 13.5 hours in Barcelona. Best night of my life.

Unread 26-05-2019, 02:24 AM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Top read.

Unread 26-05-2019, 01:31 PM
waynes ear's

Unread 26-05-2019, 03:47 PM
Furry Russian hats

First row of the second tier, Ole slid in front of us, think l was on the ground at the time though. Nothing will ever touch that feeling. 20 years, £#%&! me.
Closed Thread