United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 24-09-2023, 05:46 AM
shenwen

Thought Dalot was mostly crap.

Awful game but was good to see the midfield look stronger, although that meant shifting Bruno wide. Hannibal good, as was Casemiro. McT anonymous. Rashford bad decision making again through but going to need more from Rasmus. Could have had 1-2 more goals if he'd been better with his passes.

Hopefully with Arambers available, we will kick on.

Unread 24-09-2023, 06:07 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Thought Dalot was mostly crap.

Awful game but was good to see the midfield look stronger, although that meant shifting Bruno wide. Hannibal good, as was Casemiro. McT anonymous. Rashford bad decision making again through but going to need more from Rasmus. Could have had 1-2 more goals if he'd been better with his passes.

Hopefully with Arambers available, we will kick on.
I thought the same re Dalot

Put in a great cross and some nice long passes to switch the play but he was a headless chicken in defence and I was convinced they’d score because of him eventually.

Bruno on the right could be the way to go, we look a lot more balanced in attack imo and having someone like Hannibal pressing non stop in and around defenders helped. I doubt that would work against better teams but then perhaps you add another midfielder in like Eriksen for those games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Tbh I can see why the goal didn’t stand. Keeper was quite savvy to wrestle an offside player. Always give you half a chance….

Good 3 points.

We need to stop booting the ball back to the opposition when they’re having majority possession.
I was shocked how in control we were for the final five or so minutes tbh, usually we’re all over the shop and hanging on in tight games. But we really controlled the game well.

Unread 24-09-2023, 08:05 AM
Furry Russian hats

Was expecting an onslaught at the end with crosses into the box but it never came, Pep would never approve of that thankfully.

Thought we were awful first half, midfield completely non existent again. Slightly better second half but let’s not forget it was only Burnley.

People pulling up stats on here is embarrassing, rawkesque. That said. I do think Hannibal had a decent game!

Lots of work still to be done especially with our insane injury list but hopefully we can build on this. Special shout out to Johnny Evans, couldn’t of asked for more.

Unread 24-09-2023, 08:10 AM
The Judge

I literally cannot remember a single thing from the game other that me hugging my knees and rocking and going "don't concede"

Unread 24-09-2023, 09:04 AM
armchair

Real captain's performance from Bruno. I think he moaned once about a decision but apart from that there were no histrionics, just a guy working his ass off for the team.

Unread 24-09-2023, 09:04 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

Dalot is almost always mostly crap so nothing new there. We dug in and you could see the players trying to fight off their bad form selves (The Scottish Player aside - he’s not got a good form self tbf, so it was bad on worse and worse body slammed bad in the first minute).

Noticed that Hojlund was pretty sloppy with his passing - hopefully just tiredness as I think it was more pronounced later in the game and that’s his first full 90

Unread 24-09-2023, 09:23 AM
believe

First time was bad enough

https://www.manutd.com/en/videos/det...september-2023

Unread 24-09-2023, 09:40 AM
Whip Hubley

Much needed and decent result given that we're missing our entire first choice back 4.

The Scottish Player should have been sold for whatever we were offered. He's an absolute passenger and he knows he's basically 7th choice when all midfielders are fit.

So nice having an actual outlet up top. Yeah he misplasced a couple of passes but this lad will be golden. We still need another striker as he can't shoulder all the responsibility.

Mejbri full of running, going to be useful.

No words for the goal

p.s. dalot is absolute shit

Unread 24-09-2023, 09:43 AM
larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry
hanners been great so far
Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
no, he hasn't [hannibal]. his passing has been poor and his tackling... it is better not to mention his tackling. nearly got cass sent off. him and The Scottish Player have been dire.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
I realise that you are an idiot. it is nonsense. he is just running round frantically, diving in wildly and making poor choices when we have the ball. if that is great to you, that is because you are an idiot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
i like Hannibal
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Hannibal has been excellent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by larry
motm for me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Don’t care what Jem says, thought Hannibal was fantastic. Real breath of fresh air in the middle, lots of energy, and lots of confidence in his own ability.
Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
He was brilliant, Hannibal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Offerington
Important win. Hannibal MOTM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chorlton74
Hannibal motm for me. Non stop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Offerington
All pundits saying how good Hannibal was. Gaffer said his performance was perfect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
hannibal was dire [because he threw himself into rash challenges and made poor choices with the ball]

Unread 24-09-2023, 09:46 AM
Hyman_Roth

Superb win. Evans mom for me. Thought Hoijlund was poor tbh but I’m not worried - he’s just finding his feet. We need another striker though.

The goal was beautiful.

Onana was ok after last weeks horror show - made what were comfortable saves look quite comfortable. He was hardly getting peppered though.

I also thought Hannibal was excellent. Great energy and movement.

An away win - hopefully the start of the season for us - especially as players return from injury.

Unread 24-09-2023, 10:29 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Superb win. Evans mom for me. Thought Hoijlund was poor tbh but I’m not worried - he’s just finding his feet. We need another striker though.

The goal was beautiful.

Onana was ok after last weeks horror show - made what were comfortable saves look quite comfortable. He was hardly getting peppered though.

I also thought Hannibal was excellent. Great energy and movement.

An away win - hopefully the start of the season for us - especially as players return from injury.
Hojlund looked tired after 60 mins. His movement and passing just dropped.

Once we have a settled back 4, Amrabat in the middle and we start to control more games , we will be able to crate more chances for him. I hope ETH plays some of the reserves against palace. Martial, garnacho, Eriksen should all start

Unread 24-09-2023, 10:38 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Once we have a settled back 4, Amrabat in the middle and we start to control more games , we will be able to crate more chances for him.
Stacks you’d think

Unread 24-09-2023, 10:40 AM
armchair

has Bruno giving the motm award to Evans.

Unread 24-09-2023, 10:41 AM
Dacter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Judge
I literally cannot remember a single thing from the game other that me hugging my knees and rocking and going "don't concede"
Is that a quote from Erik’s press conference?

Unread 24-09-2023, 10:49 AM
The Judge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacter
Is that a quote from Erik’s press conference?
Don't be so disrespectful

it was from Harry mcGuire's

Unread 24-09-2023, 11:06 AM
armchair

Unread 24-09-2023, 11:23 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrX5z3UXRXo

has Bruno giving the motm award to Evans.
Jonny comes across as a proper nice guy. Perhaps you don’t have to be a rapist and knock women around to play for united after all.

Unread 24-09-2023, 11:29 AM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Jonny comes across as a proper nice guy. Perhaps you don’t have to be a rapist and knock women around to play for united after all.
But it helps

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-b...41856920080314

Unread 24-09-2023, 11:37 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd

£#%&!ing hell

Unread 24-09-2023, 11:38 AM
larry

hopefully this opens the way to resigning greenwood on a free when he's 35