United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-01-2021, 10:03 PM
dunk

Klopp should probably tell his defender not to go through the back of the CF on the edge of the area tbh.

Where was VAR today? I’m sure I saw someone sent off for less than what Mane and Fabinho got away with today in recent weeks following a VAR check.

Unread 24-01-2021, 10:05 PM
wiganste

It's always corruption and cheating when they get beat. Absolutely delicious

Unread 24-01-2021, 11:16 PM
Rorschach

I was surprised at how many of them admitted it was a foul on Cavani.

But there was still more than enough 'corruption' toy-chucking and anti-FSG hysteria to make up for it.

Delicious way to end a very pleasant day.

Unread 24-01-2021, 11:48 PM
Pop

They've mellowed a bit though. They tend not to be fuming, seething, livid or shaking/numb with rage anymore. Nor do they claim to have to go for walks to calm down, punch the living room wall or go to bed after losing games.

Shame

Unread 25-01-2021, 12:06 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
They've mellowed a bit though. They tend not to be fuming, seething, livid or shaking/numb with rage anymore. Nor do they claim to have to go for walks to calm down, punch the living room wall or go to bed after losing games.

Shame
For now...

Unread 25-01-2021, 12:44 AM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop

Shame
That's stage 3.

Indignation, then denial of fault, then seeth.

Unread 25-01-2021, 04:25 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
They are genuinely mental. Thiago no booking, Fabinho late tackle then the tackle for the free kick for a winner. Mane's tackle.
Genuinely so.

Quote:
A knee or foot or whatever catching someone should not be a foul.

Must be magic posting on there, surely?

Unread 25-01-2021, 09:59 AM
Dr Stranger

I’d like to think I’m relatively level headed when it come to rose-tinted glasses, but in what universe is that not a foul?

It’s just a standard one of a defender going through the back of a player who has got his body in front and is shielding the ball. He gets there first, Fabinho makes contact, the contact is significant enough to impede him. It’s a run-of-the-mill completely non-controversial foul.

Even the pundits on BBC and Match of The Day were adamant (even Wright changed his mind). Only Liverpool could have an issue with that. And not only an issue, the belief that it signifies cheating and corruption. Grow up ffs.

Unread 25-01-2021, 10:13 AM
Big Norm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
I’d like to think I’m relatively level headed when it come to rose-tinted glasses, but in what universe is that not a foul?

It’s just a standard one of a defender going through the back of a player who has got his body in front and is shielding the ball. He gets there first, Fabinho makes contact, the contact is significant enough to impede him. It’s a run-of-the-mill completely non-controversial foul.

Even the pundits on BBC and Match of The Day were adamant (even Wright changed his mind). Only Liverpool could have an issue with that. And not only an issue, the belief that it signifies cheating and corruption. Grow up ffs.
This.

Watched the highlights (too giddy with nervous energy to be impartial during the live game) and it's as blatant a foul as you're ever likely to see. Not debatable at all.

It was also a clear yellow card offence.

Unread 25-01-2021, 10:15 AM
thatsfuctit

Quote:

It's the sort of foul that we've conceded many times and condemed the offender for being stupid for giving the opposition a soft free kick away in a dangerous area.

Unread 25-01-2021, 10:28 AM
Stickman

Their mini collapse has been well received by all. Epic @#%&!s.

Unread 25-01-2021, 10:46 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
It's the sort of foul that we've conceded many times and condemed the offender for being stupid for giving the opposition a soft free kick away in a dangerous area.
Yep. Take some responsibility ffs.

Have we ever just beaten them? Even in our pomp, they could never admit that they just got beaten. It doesn’t happen. We’re either corrupt, scabby or they’re right on our tails ‘coming over the hill’.

When Liverpool have beaten us the last few years: 2-0 last season, 3-1 the year before, that 3-0 at OT under Moyes , I’ve just said there thought ‘yep, not good enough’, because we weren’t. Simple as that.

Unread 25-01-2021, 11:33 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Their mini collapse has been well received by all. Epic @#%&!s.
Imagine winning it once in 30 years and its during a pandemic and nobody is in the ground.

I really hope they allow fans in for us to win 21, and then in summer they have a parade with a replica trophy.

Unread 25-01-2021, 11:40 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Imagine winning it once in 30 years and its during a pandemic and nobody is in the ground.

I really hope they allow fans in for us to win 21, and then in summer they have a parade with a replica trophy.
They should be allowed to parade it around Liverpool then meet United’s coach half way down the lancs and hand it over then we go and do ours.

Unread 25-01-2021, 11:40 AM
Chorlton74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
hoping the same kind of thing happens to leeds to be fair. none of their sheep get to see them play in the prem at all, and they then get relegated with their "breath of fresh air" football.

Unread 25-01-2021, 12:05 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Yep. Take some responsibility ffs.

Have we ever just beaten them? Even in our pomp, they could never admit that they just got beaten. It doesn’t happen. We’re either corrupt, scabby or they’re right on our tails ‘coming over the hill’.

When Liverpool have beaten us the last few years: 2-0 last season, 3-1 the year before, that 3-0 at OT under Moyes , I’ve just said there thought ‘yep, not good enough’, because we weren’t. Simple as that.
Your mistake is very clear. You’re confusing them with gracious losers.

Unread 25-01-2021, 01:21 PM
Lok

The hypocrisy of them calling us cheats:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...nwood-23377296

Unread 25-01-2021, 01:35 PM
Pop

Shit! They're still topping the xG league of dominance table

https://www.skysports.com/football/n...and-leicester#

Unread 25-01-2021, 01:38 PM
Switching Off

Unread 25-01-2021, 01:38 PM
otbarney

I'm pretty sure that the rats wouldn't have given two £#%&!s about the foul if Bruno had sky'd his free kick.

£#%&! 'em.
Closed Thread