United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-05-2022, 09:49 AM
puressence

Default Welcome Erik Ten Haag .. Todays The Day

Full press conferance at 12 mutv conference at 10 am / Is this the man im praying for it //

Unread 23-05-2022, 09:51 AM
Jethro

Genuinely excited

Unread 23-05-2022, 09:55 AM
Arnold Muhren

Hope he starts by going through a long list of shit@#%&!s who are on their way out

Unread 23-05-2022, 09:59 AM
Pop

I want get excited but the chances of this ending in utter disaster are rather likely.

Unread 23-05-2022, 10:27 AM
puressence

Nice interview that ...

Unread 23-05-2022, 10:29 AM
Lok

I wasn't excited until I saw how he treated that Sky News reporter.

Now I can't wait. The football might end up being shit but he'll probably slap someone at the end of season party (if we're allowed one).

Unread 23-05-2022, 10:33 AM
Switching Off

Thumbs up

Enjoy the next 3 months lads

Unread 23-05-2022, 10:34 AM
dunk

Is his English is pretty good tbf.

Annoying voice though.

Unread 23-05-2022, 10:38 AM
Lok

What has surprised me the most is the shape of his head.

I don't mind a baldy, but there's a very odd bump in his head. It's also oddly large. Not sure if this is a good sign or not.

Unread 23-05-2022, 10:48 AM
Curtis

Evens on expressing disappointment with the club by the end of the transfer window.

Unread 23-05-2022, 10:52 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis
Evens on expressing disappointment with the club by the end of the transfer window.
Nailed on tbf. Every player we approach will be double their value to us and want 3x the wages they’re worth.

Can honestly see us struggling to get anyone through the door that isn’t sold to us by United fan Edwin.

Unread 23-05-2022, 10:53 AM
Lok

Listening to the interview is a little worrying. He remarked a couple of times that the club finished 2nd last season and that the team has potential.

It sounds like we might not get the revolution we're screaming for. Maybe the club took him on because he believes he can get something out of this squad (whilst others were saying it needs decimating).

Unread 23-05-2022, 10:59 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Listening to the interview is a little worrying. He remarked a couple of times that the club finished 2nd last season and that the team has potential.

It sounds like we might not get the revolution we're screaming for. Maybe the club took him on because he believes he can get something out of this squad (whilst others were saying it needs decimating).
With the amount of players leaving there’ll have to be some sort of mini revolution tbf

He probably thinks he can get the best out of the likes of Sancho, Rashford, Shaw, Mctommers, Varane, Beek and Bruno. That’s a decent group of players tbf but their talent has never really been a problem it’s the attitude of the squad. My guess is he’ll give players that he thinks he can work woth (like the above) a chance and if there’s any signs of them starting their negative shit they’ll be out he door along with the rest.

It’s going to take a few transfer windows to get the squad he wants anyway and it’s not going to happen over night, so he has to keep the players that are staying on side.

Unread 23-05-2022, 11:01 AM
dunk

We can’t buy 20 players, we’ll be £#%&!ing lucky to get 3, so he can’t alienate the ones he has. He needs to do what Ole was doing and get them onside, get them playing and replace them gradually. Of course the board prevented Ole from doing that by refusing to sell when it was time to get rid and failing to buy the players he wanted to replace them.

If the board/Murtaugh don’t operate in a far more aggressive and efficient manner, we’ll be here again in the not too distant future.

Unread 23-05-2022, 11:14 AM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
With the amount of players leaving there’ll have to be some sort of mini revolution tbf

He probably thinks he can get the best out of the likes of Sancho, Rashford, Shaw, Mctommers, Varane, Beek and Bruno. That’s a decent group of players tbf but their talent has never really been a problem it’s the attitude of the squad. My guess is he’ll give players that he thinks he can work woth (like the above) a chance and if there’s any signs of them starting their negative shit they’ll be out he door along with the rest.

It’s going to take a few transfer windows to get the squad he wants anyway and it’s not going to happen over night, so he has to keep the players that are staying on side.
It's hard to argue with most of the names you've listed. But leaving are: Pogba, Matic, Mata, Lingard, Cavani. On top of that we lost Greenwood. Then you've got the players who have to go this year (attitude issues etc...): Martial, Bailly, Wan Bissakka, Henderson. The likes of Jones will also leave.

That's over 10 members of the senior squad. You can question the quality of these players but most have to be replaced. If we only make 2 or 3 signings we'll be left with an anorexic squad.

The Athletic article published yesterday was very telling about the problems at the club and it is clear that everyone listed above has to go, otherwise it will be impossible to build anything.

Unread 23-05-2022, 11:18 AM
dunk

Tuanzebe and Pereira will go too. Plus Grant. Then they’ll look to find a buyer for Telles, and maybe Lindelof.

Next season is going to be brutal imo. The squad will be threadbare.

Unread 23-05-2022, 11:19 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
It's hard to argue with most of the names you've listed. But leaving are: Pogba, Matic, Mata, Lingard, Cavani. On top of that we lost Greenwood. Then you've got the players who have to go this year (attitude issues etc...): Martial, Bailly, Wan Bissakka, Henderson. The likes of Jones will also leave.

That's over 10 members of the senior squad. You can question the quality of these players but most have to be replaced. If we only make 2 or 3 signings we'll be left with an anorexic squad.

The Athletic article published yesterday was very telling about the problems at the club and it is clear that everyone listed above has to go, otherwise it will be impossible to build anything.
My guess is there’ll be 3-5 signings and the likes of Garner and Hannibal (and one or two others) being promoted to be squad players.

Unread 23-05-2022, 11:21 AM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
My guess is there’ll be 3-5 signings and the likes of Garner and Hannibal (and one or two others) being promoted to be squad players.
From the little I've seen of Garner, he could be a decent squad player.

The others look quite some way off. Most of them need to spend quite a lot of time in the gym.

Unread 23-05-2022, 11:22 AM
NedKelly

If Maguire stays we riot

Unread 23-05-2022, 11:22 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
We can’t buy 20 players, we’ll be £#%&!ing lucky to get 3, so he can’t alienate the ones he has. He needs to do what Ole was doing and get them onside, get them playing and replace them gradually. Of course the board prevented Ole from doing that by refusing to sell when it was time to get rid and failing to buy the players he wanted to replace them.

If the board/Murtaugh don’t operate in a far more aggressive and efficient manner, we’ll be here again in the not too distant future.
This. I doubt we’ll lose many outside of the ones leaving on a free. We’ll get 3 or 4, but there will still be another 3 or 4 positions where he will simply have to make do for now.

As important as shaping this squad is, getting them onside, positive and all pulling in the same direction is the most pressing issue. Transfers are out of his control, but that isn’t.
Closed Thread