United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-05-2022, 12:27 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
50% of a typical match day squad? What?
Got to be fair to lokkers, not sure what you aren't getting?

I think he is saying that those players make up around half of our usual match day squads (when fit and not sunning it in Dubai and if they can be arsed). That we will have to make a fair few signings or promotions from the academy, to make up for the lack of depth which will now be in the squad.

Unread 06-05-2022, 12:40 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Got to be fair to lokkers, not sure what you aren't getting?

I think he is saying that those players make up around half of our usual match day squads (when fit and not sunning it in Dubai and if they can be arsed). That we will have to make a fair few signings or promotions from the academy, to make up for the lack of depth which will now be in the squad.
Yeah you’re right, I didn’t understand what he meant, but he’s right.

Regardless, I still don’t think it’s going to feel that big of a change in reality. Let’s see how we look come the start of the season .

Unread 06-05-2022, 03:31 PM
Blomq15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Martial is one of those floaters that takes a good three or four flushes. Can't see him going yet.
This. He won't go. If his options are staying at United and picking up a wage for doing nothing or going to a club where he'll have to get on a pitch to do nothing he'll pick the former every time.

Horrible attitude. No surprise it's all gone downhill. Only himself to blame.

Unread 06-05-2022, 03:33 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blomq15
This. He won't go. If his options are staying at United and picking up a wage for doing nothing or going to a club where he'll have to get on a pitch to do nothing he'll pick the former every time.

Horrible attitude. No surprise it's all gone downhill. Only himself to blame.
Reckon a fair portion of the blame could be laid at the door of the racists who wrote him off when he was still good. Chances are he’d still be firing on all fronts if they hadn’t worn him down, but this is England and things will never change.

Unread 06-05-2022, 04:13 PM
Blomq15

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Reckon a fair portion of the blame could be laid at the door of the racists who wrote him off when he was still good. Chances are he’d still be firing on all fronts if they hadn’t worn him down, but this is England and things will never change.
Yeah it's definitely racists who wore him down. Because all the unhappy United fans who called him out for him strolling round the pitch with a face like a slapped arse were definitely white. Not a single black fan thought he was a lazy #@&%!.

Same reason Maguire only gets abuse off black fans. Damn these racists.

Unread 06-05-2022, 04:14 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
You basing this on any actual evidence?

Unread 06-05-2022, 04:17 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Yeah it's definitely racists who wore him down. Because all the unhappy United fans who called him out for him strolling round the pitch with a face like a slapped arse were definitely white. Not a single black fan thought he was a lazy #@&%!.

Same reason Maguire only gets abuse off black fans. Damn these racists.
Maguire gets abuse because he’s shit.
Martial got abused initially for more nefarious reasons. It’s so obvious and if you deny it you’re one of them. The reality is, some men of a certain background did not want Martial to succeed here. They were jubilant when he actually did succumb to the pressure. The day Martial stopped performing was the day fascism won afaic.

Unread 06-05-2022, 04:19 PM
redhegemony

Losing Hughes, Ince and Kanchelksis felt like 10 players though I'd still fancy the 3 of them to beat that lot.

Unread 06-05-2022, 04:27 PM
Blomq15

Quote:
Maguire gets abuse because he’s shit.
Martial got abused initially for more nefarious reasons. It’s so obvious and if you deny it you’re one of them. The reality is, some men of a certain background did not want Martial to succeed here. They were jubilant when he actually did succumb to the pressure. The day Martial stopped performing was the day fascism won afaic.
£#%&! you.

Unread 06-05-2022, 04:29 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
£#%&! you.
You just crossed the line little buddy.

Unread 06-05-2022, 04:38 PM
Blomq15

Quote:
It’s so obvious and if you deny it you’re one of them.
You call people who don’t agree with your bullshit opinion racist. If you actually cared about racism in football, and on a wider scale, you wouldn’t make such flippant remarks that are damaging to people who do experience racism. But you don’t. So I’ll say it again: £#%&! you.

Unread 06-05-2022, 04:39 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
You call people who don’t agree with your bullshit opinion racist. If you actually cared about racism in football, and on a wider scale, you wouldn’t make such flippant remarks that are damaging to people who do experience racism. But you don’t. So I’ll say it again: £#%&! you.
But I’m black…

Unread 06-05-2022, 04:44 PM
Blomq15

Quote:
But I’m black…
Ah right, that must be why you don’t like Maguire then. *eyeroll*

Don’t trivialise racism. Martial has his detractors, and while a portion of any fan base can be knuckledragging racists that isn’t the reason why United fans called him out.

Unread 06-05-2022, 04:47 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Ah right, that must be why you don’t like Maguire then. *eyeroll*

Don’t trivialise racism. Martial has his detractors, and while a portion of any fan base can be knuckledragging racists that isn’t the reason why United fans called him out.
No I don’t like Maguire because he’s shit. I’m not sure what’s so hard for you to understand.

Genuinely astounded that I’ve been dismissed and spoken to in this way.

“£#%&! you” because I’m speaking out against racism. You should be ashamed.

Unread 06-05-2022, 05:11 PM
Blomq15

Quote:
No I don’t like Maguire because he’s shit. I’m not sure what’s so hard for you to understand.

Genuinely astounded that I’ve been dismissed and spoken to in this way.

“£#%&! you” because I’m speaking out against racism. You should be ashamed.
£#%&! you. You’re not speaking out against racism. You’re a troll and racism in your eyes is something to be made into a wum.

Enjoy your weekend. I won’t make the mistake of engaging with you again.

Unread 06-05-2022, 05:13 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
£#%&! you. You’re not speaking out against racism. You’re a troll and racism in your eyes is something to be made into a wum.

I bet you do.

Unread 06-05-2022, 05:57 PM
Street Magician

Quote:
Reckon Jones will clog the toilet
That made me laugh so much I nearly clogged my own bowl.

Unread 06-05-2022, 06:11 PM
NedKelly

Quote:

Closed Thread