United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-04-2022, 09:31 AM
AK14

Default Becks

One of my favourite United players over the years.

Quality delivery, passing ability and great workrate.

Unread 21-04-2022, 10:08 AM
Patty_b

That one against Barca

It felt their keeper could have been scrambling along his line for 6 months and still never reach it.

Unread 21-04-2022, 11:07 AM
Jethro

Didn't you get the memo? He's overrated. In fact any player part of Uniteds disgusting success is.

Unread 21-04-2022, 12:07 PM
Neo

Angry

Him not winning the Ballon d'Or in 1999 still sickens me.

Utterly world-class.

Unread 21-04-2022, 12:07 PM
Stickman

Attacking midfielder Beckham circa 97

White Hart lane winner on super Sunday, pick that out.

Unread 21-04-2022, 04:10 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Him not winning the Ballon d'Or in 1999 still sickens me.

Utterly world-class.
Would have been up there but wasn’t actually the best player at the club that season. Good argument to be made for utd to have had the top 3 tho

Unread 21-04-2022, 04:17 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
Would have been up there but wasn’t actually the best player at the club that season. Good argument to be made for utd to have had the top 3 tho
Keane and Yorke ahead of him.

Not to take anything away from Beckham, as he was fantastic as well.

Unread 21-04-2022, 04:18 PM
tatty

Absolutely world-class.

And still only 3rd/4th best midfielder out of 4.

Unread 21-04-2022, 04:31 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
Absolutely world-class.

And still only 3rd/4th best midfielder out of 4.
Would argue his doggedness matched Keane’s and he had non-technical attributes that elevated him above some players. I loved him and always will, though the knighthood thing was a bit cringe.

Unread 21-04-2022, 04:36 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
David Ginola won player of the year ffs

Unread 21-04-2022, 06:57 PM
Boring Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
David Ginola won player of the year ffs
He scored some blinders tbf that season but for a good few seasons Roy Keane was head and shoulders the best player in the country. I don’t believe a more dominant player has existed in this league, 9/10 nearly every game.

Unread 21-04-2022, 08:32 PM
My Name is Heath

My quick go-to in order to see if the person I’m talking with has a clue about football.

He was brilliant, tough as nails and super professional.

He did great things for us but at Real M he was awesome too. That cross for Ronaldo is a thing of beauty.

Great player.

Unread 21-04-2022, 08:51 PM
dunk

Thumbs up

What a £#%&!ing player. A joy and a privilege to watch him progress through youth and into the first team and onto becoming one of the best players in the World and undoubtedly the most famous. Only in Manchester

Unread 21-04-2022, 09:12 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Wicked right foot?

Unread 21-04-2022, 09:12 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Wicked right foot?

Unread 21-04-2022, 09:54 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
What a £#%&!ing player. A joy and a privilege to watch him progress through youth and into the first team and onto becoming one of the best players in the World and undoubtedly the most famous. Only in Manchester
So much this. Total red and totally brilliant, even on his off days.

Unread 21-04-2022, 09:59 PM
avocado

Been saying for years we should be getting him back as a crossing coach. Impossible to defend and impossible not to score from them. Saw Rashford put one in like him. Once.

Unread 21-04-2022, 10:19 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by avocado
Been saying for years we should be getting him back as a crossing coach. Impossible to defend and impossible not to score from them. Saw Rashford put one in like him. Once.
'Hey David, forget that you're worth hundreds of millions of pounds, have your own MLS outfit and live like an absolute King. Fancy coming to Carrington and teaching Wan Bissaka to cross the ball in the pissing down rain? We'll give you a tenner for each time he finds a team mate'.

Unread 21-04-2022, 10:20 PM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
'Hey David, forget that you're worth hundreds of millions of pounds, have your own MLS outfit and live like an absolute King. Fancy coming to Carrington and teaching Wan Bissaka to cross the ball in the pissing down rain? We'll give you a tenner for each time he finds a team mate'.

Unread 21-04-2022, 10:21 PM
avocado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Yep. He’s one of us. Would do it for the love. And because he likes football. You are confusing him with the current lot. Who just like money.
Closed Thread