United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-03-2022, 11:00 PM
avocado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold Muhren
He’s waiving the debt, £1.5bn according to the beeb.
As far as I have read, he has said that he is not asking for the loan to be repaid. That is not the same as waiving it. He may just leave it outstanding. And then later …..

Unread 02-03-2022, 11:02 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by avocado
As far as I have read, he has said that he is not asking for the loan to be repaid. That is not the same as waiving it. He may just leave it outstanding. And then later …..
I'd say he's taking this approach cos it's gonna be difficult to get the money out of the UK, but they'll let him have the money for selling the club so I'm prolly wrong.

I like the idea that in 18 months he rocks up & asks for his money back & Chelsea are utterly £#%&!ed.

Unread 02-03-2022, 11:06 PM
avocado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
I like the idea that in 18 months he rocks up & asks for his money back & Chelsea are utterly £#%&!ed.
If he has any sense he will assign the loan to a third party, who in due course will then demand repayment. Then it wont be him asking for it back.

And if he did waive the debt the club is suddenly worth 1.5 billion more. Which he gets on the price.

Unread 03-03-2022, 12:41 AM
The taste of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by avocado
If he has any sense he will assign the loan to a third party, who in due course will then demand repayment. Then it wont be him asking for it back.

And if he did waive the debt the club is suddenly worth 1.5 billion more. Which he gets on the price.
Aren’t there limits on gifting or circumstances where that would be C Gain or club income?

Surely they’d tax the shit out of it?

Unread 03-03-2022, 12:48 AM
Sparky***

Maybe I should just pay 3 billion and the leverage it against the club. Then run it into the ground.

Unread 03-03-2022, 01:22 AM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
I believe what he means by the net profit from the sale going to the victims of the Ukraine invasion is that if he sells it for 2 billion then 1.5 billion of that goes to repaying the debt the club owes to him and then the other 500 million goes to the victims of the invasion

He’s not rich enough to just write off 1.5 billion that’s owed to him

Unread 03-03-2022, 04:42 PM
AK14

Unread 03-03-2022, 04:45 PM
windy waffles

Everyone thinks he's a @#%&! anyway so nothing has really changed.

Unread 03-03-2022, 05:42 PM
jem

anelka and terry.

roman was very generous with other peoples money. and other people's wives.

Unread 03-03-2022, 06:27 PM
Selhurst Samurai

When you’re sat in the pile of rubble which used to be your home, the bodies of your loved ones strewn at your feet, you probably think things can’t get any worse.

Then you hear that John Terry has posted a picture on Twitter with another bloke.

Unread 03-03-2022, 06:41 PM
Sapien

Looking forward to the inevitable Matthew Syed column already.

Unread 03-03-2022, 09:55 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Cascarino is stunningly dim and is right up there in the top 23 thickest football pundits.
Didn’t he have shit for calling a player “a good black lad” or something similar on sky sports news not so long ago.

Edit-

“This black lad here”

🤦‍♂️

He’s not the sharpest.

Unread 04-03-2022, 07:13 AM
redhegemony

Surely he should be banned from selling Chelsea as it’s an asset and his control frozen in some way?

Unread 04-03-2022, 07:23 AM
doudou

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
Surely he should be banned from selling Chelsea as it’s an asset and his control frozen in some way?
The UK gov is giving him and his mates just enough time to get their money out of the country

Unread 04-03-2022, 12:51 PM
92ToBury

If Abramovich is unfit to own an English club, surely that should be extended to the Middle Eastern regimes? They are, after all, more closely associated with nasty stuff. Or is this simply shite politics picking and choosing as usual?

Unread 04-03-2022, 12:58 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
If Abramovich is unfit to own an English club, surely that should be extended to the Middle Eastern regimes? They are, after all, more closely associated with nasty stuff. Or is this simply shite politics picking and choosing as usual?
him, usmanov, the middle east fellas, any americans not spending their own money....

the saudis are our friends, though. we can't piss of everyone that fuels us.

Unread 04-03-2022, 12:58 PM
dunk

Quote:

Unread 04-03-2022, 01:09 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
I've yet to see a potential owner fail to pass the 'Fit & Proper' test the F.A. claim to use.

Abramovich is getting shit because he's Russian & therefore open to sanctions because of this & his ties to Putin.

"The Chelsea owner, Roman Abramovich, was identified by the Home Office in 2019 as having links to the Russian state as well as to “corrupt activity and practices”, a Labour MP has told parliament, suggesting the UK should seize his assets and bar him from owning the football club.

Chris Bryant told MPs he was quoting from a Home Office document leaked to him, and asked why nothing more had been done about Abramovich’s UK assets given this official verdict."

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...tivity-mp-says

I'm guessing he isn't a Tory party donor.

As for the Middle Eastern owners - they aren't the target of sanctions. Or the Govt paying lip-service to imposing sanctions on all Russians.

Unread 04-03-2022, 01:11 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
"The Chelsea owner, Roman Abramovich, was identified by the Home Office in 2019 as having links to the Russian state as well as to “corrupt activity and practices”,

Unread 04-03-2022, 01:23 PM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
On the ball as ever
Closed Thread