United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-12-2021, 04:49 PM
naes_sean

Default Manager's Press Conference | Manchester United v Burnley | Ralf Rangnick | Premier League

vBet: https://www.utdforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=303218

Unread 29-12-2021, 04:53 PM
Bion

When players are given wages not proportionate to their ability or performances, when consistent bad performances aren't punished, when players not playing/or are injured stay at the club for many years beyond their use, etc, you cultivate an environment of complacency.

Unread 29-12-2021, 05:02 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bion
When players are given wages not proportionate to their ability or performances, when consistent bad performances aren't punished, when players not playing/or are injured stay at the club for many years beyond their use, etc, you cultivate an environment of complacency.
100%

I do think however the likes of Fred AWB The Scottish Player martial VDB maguire and dalot are limited by their ability.
Complacency comes from the likes of rashford, martial, Bruno , shaw, and pogba
Harry maguire takes ages to turn and has no pace. He is a liability every time he plays because we like to play on the front foot leaving space in behind. He is only going to get slower.

Our issue isn’t the just one thing .

Culture - our culture is terrible, constant leaks over the last few years , sense of entitlement from the players, letting pogba go to Dubai every year or how the rashford injury issue was handled last season .

Quality- we have no central midfield nor do we have a defence that can challenge for the title. We need signings , signings we won’t get .

Vision - the board constantly struggling to back the manager , making signings late or knee-jerk. Giving huge contracts on players that don’t deserve them as you said brings in complacency. Phil Jones got a 5 year deal in 2018. Can see pogba resigning aswell because nobody wants to pay his wages. We will spend all summer chasing haaland when we need fullbacks and center mids. By bringing in a DOF or someone similar they can plan ahead for the club . Helps remove player power as even if the manager leaves the DOF will still be there. It’s taken us 8 years and the best we have is we hope ralf stays on as an actual consultant

Unread 29-12-2021, 05:10 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
I don't think i've read a more succinct summary of modern day United.

Unread 29-12-2021, 05:35 PM
Bion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
100%

I do think however the likes of Fred AWB The Scottish Player martial VDB maguire and dalot are limited by their ability.
Complacency comes from the likes of rashford, martial, Bruno , shaw, and pogba
Harry maguire takes ages to turn and has no pace. He is a liability every time he plays because we like to play on the front foot leaving space in behind. He is only going to get slower.

Our issue isn’t the just one thing .

Culture - our culture is terrible, constant leaks over the last few years , sense of entitlement from the players, letting pogba go to Dubai every year or how the rashford injury issue was handled last season .

Quality- we have no central midfield nor do we have a defence that can challenge for the title. We need signings , signings we won’t get .

Vision - the board constantly struggling to back the manager , making signings late or knee-jerk. Giving huge contracts on players that don’t deserve them as you said brings in complacency. Phil Jones got a 5 year deal in 2018. Can see pogba resigning aswell because nobody wants to pay his wages. We will spend all summer chasing haaland when we need fullbacks and center mids. By bringing in a DOF or someone similar they can plan ahead for the club . Helps remove player power as even if the manager leaves the DOF will still be there. It’s taken us 8 years and the best we have is we hope ralf stays on as an actual consultant
Issue is one thing

THESE PLAYERS are disjointed
And unable to learn
And
How is Rangnick losing the dressing room ffs he's been there 4 games,the dressing room was lost 2 years ago wen ole started letting these idiots control him and not training them properly
now a real boss has come in the players don’t like it.

Unread 29-12-2021, 06:10 PM
Dr Stranger

Hard to know how much truth there is in these leaks, but we said from day one of RR being here that these players will be in for a shock. They will be worked, expected to adjust tactically and don’t have a familiar ‘friend’ as a manager.

Is it any surprise that they’re already starting to moan?

It really shouldn’t be.

As Bion says, we have bred a culture of complacency and rewarding mediocrity, especially in terms of application.

Given the opposition, the time we’ve had off and the urgency of our league position, the attitude of the players was a £#%&!ing disgrace the other night. I am so sick of seeing them turn in sleepy, half arsed performances and getting outfought by vastly inferior opposition.

Unread 29-12-2021, 06:20 PM
Bion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Hard to know how much truth there is in these leaks, but we said from day one of RR being here that these players will be in for a shock. They will be worked, expected to adjust tactically and don’t have a familiar ‘friend’ as a manager.

It really shouldn’t be.

As Bion says, we have bred a culture of complacency and rewarding mediocrity, especially in terms of application.

Given the opposition, the time we’ve had off and the urgency of our league position, the attitude of the players was a f***ing disgrace the other night. I am so sick of seeing them turn in sleepy, half arsed performances and getting outfought by vastly inferior opposition.
im so pissed off with monday night's performance
here is some kind of relief

Unread 29-12-2021, 07:02 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger

It really shouldn’t be.

Given the opposition, the time we’ve had off and the urgency of our league position, the attitude of the players was a £#%&!ing disgrace the other night. I am so sick of seeing them turn in sleepy, half arsed performances and getting outfought by vastly inferior opposition.
At the very least I hope to god the club stands by the manager.I don’t care if he wants to play some 3-2-2-1-2 formation and does it with the academy.

Absolute sick to death of the players never being held accountable. I hope ralf lays into them . He clearly knows what he needs and wants to do.

Unread 29-12-2021, 08:28 PM
Whalefish

Thumbs up

Quote:
Spot on.

Quote:
Issue is one thing

THESE PLAYERS are disjointed
And unable to learn
And
How is Rangnick losing the dressing room ffs he's been there 4 games,the dressing room was lost 2 years ago wen ole started letting these idiots control him and not training them properly
now a real boss has come in the players don’t like it.
This too.

I read this, then at the end of the final sentence thought to myself, good. A lot of the current squad have been hear long enough. Done nothing, won nothing and IMO shouldn't get any longer at the club. Move them on.

I am not expecting anything from Rangnick tbh but maybe he will signpost to Murtagh/Fletcher (and the new guy) who should stay but more importantly who absolutely needs moving on. I'd sooner the latter started now and if COVID struck again we called on the U23s to chip in and help out, don't think they'd let anyone down and they certainly wouldn't lack effort.

If the purge does start maybe he can bring in one or two in who can follow his instructions and drag the club through to May.

Unread 30-12-2021, 10:46 AM
Bion

We'll see what Rangnick is made of today to some extent.

He either drops a load of them, keeps the same team or goes the Neville route of just getting Ronaldo out.

Should tell us a lot.

Unread 30-12-2021, 10:53 AM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
We'll see what Rangnick is made of today to some extent.

He either drops a load of them, keeps the same team or goes the Neville route of just getting Ronaldo out.

Should tell us a lot.
Thing is we don’t have a lot of quality to change the shit @#%&!s out there.

The two players behind the front 2 needs changing from the other night. I’d like to see Cavani start and still want DVB to get a good run - Fernandes needs dropping.

Apart from that we’re short of options.

Unread 30-12-2021, 10:56 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed

The two players behind the front 2 needs changing from the other night. I’d like to see Cavani start and still want DVB to get a good run - Fernandes needs dropping.

Fernandes is suspended I think. Reckon we might find out why he’s being run into the ground tonight.

Unread 30-12-2021, 10:59 AM
Bion

Quote:
Thing is we don’t have a lot of quality to change the shit c***s out there.

Edi has to start
We don’t care who had number 7 on the back
We’re the fans we need a leader on the ground, we need someone who wants to play football not one that can’t run or complains all the time.
We need a difference today!!!!

Rooney said it Best:

"I’m seeing too many players not willing to run back, not willing to defend and not willing to put everything on the line for mufc and that’s not acceptable. Are you telling me that’s the manager’s fault or the players’ fault? I don’t know.

Unread 30-12-2021, 11:15 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Fernandes is suspended I think. Reckon we might find out why he’s being run into the ground tonight.
Self-defeating though, innit. What good is a “run into the ground” Bruno anyway?

Just saying.

Unread 30-12-2021, 12:39 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:

And he’s probably desperate to try and get a bit of continuity in there. I doubt he wants to bin half the team to make a point.

Bruno is suspended so that’s one problem solved.

Unread 30-12-2021, 01:13 PM
redhegemony

will he trust DvdB instead of Bruno? how many of those 5 bookings are for moaning at refs....

Unread 30-12-2021, 01:25 PM
Lodestar

Quote:
Succinct and correct.

I remember under Mou that there was no @#%&! left to drop the lack of interest and effort was so widespread in the squad It has happened under every manager post Fergie. But our owners set the example in freeloading and it filters down

The only people doing an honest days work at Carrington these days are the cleaners and catering staff.

Unread 30-12-2021, 01:42 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Indeed, but there is also the fact that when you have owners who don't look beyond the profit reports and have a CEO who knows absolutely zero about the game, you cultivate an environment of idiocy.

Should we go full house tonight by making Burnley look like a good team, the way we have with the other three worst teams in the league, Ralf needs to cut his losses, write off the season and start the root and branch rebuild by transfer listing all the main offenders.

Unread 30-12-2021, 01:47 PM
Bion

Talking

Breaking news Manchester United players will not take the team bus because the game starts at 20:15 pm so it will be dark outside, .so they've decided that the players parents will drive them to Old Trafford

Unread 30-12-2021, 01:50 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Breaking news Manchester United players will not take the team bus because the game starts at 20:15 pm so it will be dark outside, .so they've decided that the players parents will drive them to Old Trafford
Closed Thread