United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-11-2021, 10:45 AM
AK14

Default Frenkie De Jong

Available according to Project Football ()

Obviously if there’s any truth in it we should be first in line throwing all kinds of money at him.

Unread 16-11-2021, 10:45 AM
Sapien

Get Donny to tap him up

Unread 16-11-2021, 10:47 AM
Bunker Buster

The dream midfield.....

Donny and de jongy..

DONGY..

get it done ....

Unread 16-11-2021, 10:47 AM
Zorg

Would be a fine addition to our bench, nqat.

Unread 16-11-2021, 10:51 AM
NedKelly

Can’t see him wanting to play second fiddle to Fred.

Unread 16-11-2021, 10:55 AM
Lok

Would he really fix anything? He's better than The Scottish Player but we need someone more defensive minded.

He's an improved VdB and we've not given him a sniff.

Unread 16-11-2021, 11:01 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Would he really fix anything? He's better than The Scottish Player but we need someone more defensive minded.

He's an improved VdB and we've not given him a sniff.
Two completely different players, but your point stands, ole the £#%&! doesn't even know how to use the one he's got ..

Unread 16-11-2021, 11:06 AM
waynes ear's

get him in, and tell him to fetch edibles

Unread 16-11-2021, 11:15 AM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Two completely different players, but your point stands, ole the £#%&! doesn't even know how to use the one he's got ..
I've not seen much of him but from what I have he's a bit further forward and links play. We need someone like Fred who can break the passing lines and run all day but isn't an utter liability on the ball, can tackle and knows when to pull a man down.

Unread 16-11-2021, 11:18 AM
Pop

Utd should be straight in there with a £70m bid and stick him on the bench TONIGHT (or January, whichever is better). The important thing is benching him.

Unread 16-11-2021, 11:19 AM
Sloppy

Hopefully he doesn't like ham.

Unread 16-11-2021, 11:21 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
I've not seen much of him but from what I have he's a bit further forward and links play. We need someone like Fred who can break the passing lines and run all day but isn't an utter liability on the ball, can tackle and knows when to pull a man down.
He can play anywhere tbh. I’ve seen him play Busquets position really well. Generally seems more of a box to box though. Great player, would be brilliant on the bench.

Unread 16-11-2021, 11:22 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
You've got them the wrong way round tbh, Donny played in front of de jong...

Jongers links play from midfield to attack, finds wingers and positively moves the ball forward....

The anti Mcfred, but spurs at home £#%&!ed ole, he's never recovered...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
Hopefully he doesn't like ham.

Cold cut Frankie they call him....

Release the hams !!

Unread 16-11-2021, 11:26 AM
Lok

Quote:
You've got them the wrong way round tbh, Donny played in front of de jong...

Jongers links play from midfield to attack, finds wingers and positively moves the ball forward....

The anti Mcfred, but spurs at home £#%&!ed ole, he's never recovered...
Didn't see much of him for Ajax but the few Barca games I've watched he has been in midfield with forward runs and a link player.

I wouldn't want the club to sign anyone before getting a proper defensive minded midfielder in.

Unread 16-11-2021, 11:29 AM
Bunker Buster

What's this obsession with a DM so much.....?

People have had their brains fried with mcfred and oles 7 at the back, were Manchester £#%&!ing United, how about a decent midfield, a positive midfield linking with our incredible attack...

Unread 16-11-2021, 11:31 AM
Sparky***

He’ll be off to City to replace Foulemdinho

Unread 16-11-2021, 12:12 PM
thatsfuctit

Frankmeh

Unread 16-11-2021, 12:35 PM
Lok

Quote:
What's this obsession with a DM so much.....?

People have had their brains fried with mcfred and oles 7 at the back, were Manchester £#%&!ing United, how about a decent midfield, a positive midfield linking with our incredible attack...
The obsession comes from the fact our midfield is bypassed when teams counter attack.

We overcommit men in attack and don't have anyone smart enough to sense danger and stop it. Whether that be cutting out a vital pass or pulling a man down and taking a card.

We are then left with a defence that is overloaded which isn't good when it's a bit fragile in the first place.

Ole has tried to resolve this with 5-3-2 but the real problem is the fact that we don't really have the personnel. Fred tries to do it and is actually very good at cutting the lines. Unfortunately he's a liability on the ball and that causes further panic. He can also get caught out too easily.

We're all yearning for someone like Kante but they don't really exist. With the team as inbalanced as it is, we probably need 2 men to do the job and replace The Scottish Player as well.

Unread 16-11-2021, 12:44 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
The obsession comes from the fact our midfield is bypassed when teams counter attack.

We overcommit men in attack and don't have anyone smart enough to sense danger and stop it. Whether that be cutting out a vital pass or pulling a man down and taking a card.

We are then left with a defence that is overloaded which isn't good when it's a bit fragile in the first place.

Ole has tried to resolve this with 5-3-2 but the real problem is the fact that we don't really have the personnel. Fred tries to do it and is actually very good at cutting the lines. Unfortunately he's a liability on the ball and that causes further panic. He can also get caught out too easily.

We're all yearning for someone like Kante but they don't really exist. With the team as inbalanced as it is, we probably need 2 men to do the job and replace The Scottish Player as well.
Or we could just sign Rice.

As I said, De Jong can also play really well as a DM from what I’ve seen. It’s no small feat filling Busquets shoes.

Unread 16-11-2021, 12:46 PM
puressence

Would be an incredible signing.
Closed Thread