Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-05-2022, 12:41 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Unread 23-05-2022, 12:44 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
Liverpool fan put a £100 bet on that they'd do the quadruple.
She got odds of 3,671/1

Saturday she was offered a cash out of £22,712.
30 mins prior to kick off she was offered £35,000 or a partial Cash Out: £25k now & 100k if Liverpool win PL & CL.
At half-time they offered her £62,371.
With 20 mins to go, they upped the offer to £95,000.

She didn't cash out.

95 is not enough. I'd have probably taken the round hundred though.

Unread 23-05-2022, 01:41 PM
Selhurst Samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Spot on. I keep hearing people dribble on about points totals but it just does not matter in the slightest. All that matters is who wins.
Exactly, you get the title for being the best team in that particular season. If you’re not, you don’t get it.

It’s not like they’re going to start retrospectively reallocating championships.

“Well Liverpool got 91 points this season, but United only got 78 in 1999 in a completely different season against completely different teams, so it’s only fair we take that one off them and give it to Liverpool for their efforts this time”

Nobbers.

Unread 23-05-2022, 09:32 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
But city won’t be going away. Not without a change of ownership or a governmental change in how the system around football is structured.

They’ll have 20 titles within the next 20 years.
I’m not so sure. Having a dominant manager can be a double edged sword as we found out. Things can unravel very quickly when they leave, and these modern footballers are fragile little things. I think so long as we forget City and Liverpool for the time being and make sure we progress year on year our time will come again.

I also read the Prem have hired two forensic accountants in anticipation of charges being brought.

Unread 23-05-2022, 09:36 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
I’m not so sure. Having a dominant manager can be a double edged sword as we found out. Things can unravel very quickly when they leave, and these modern footballers are fragile little things. I think so long as we forget City and Liverpool for the time being and make sure we progress year on year our time will come again.
That’s the main thing. It’s simple, but we just need to improve. In every metric. Do that and the points will creep up and the confidence will grow. Seasons can unravel or grow quickly too. Let’s not forget, Liverpool finished 4th last season. We can say it was Covid football, but city were still city. A bad start, a bit of bad luck and you can be quickly chasing.

Unread 23-05-2022, 09:40 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
But city won’t be going away. Not without a change of ownership or a governmental change in how the system around football is structured.

They’ll have 20 titles within the next 20 years.
You can't say that with any real certainty. Guardiola has been there for 7 years almost. That's a hell of a long time. It'll be getting on for a decade by the time his current contract runs out.

This wont' be like replacing Mancini or Pellegrini. Replacing a manager of Guardiola's magnitude who's been in place for that long won't be easy. of course it'll be made easier by them being able to throw money at every problem but they won't get one like him again. He's a complete one-off.

Unread 23-05-2022, 10:05 PM
Ethers

I thought Guardiola was a fraud a couple of weeks ago? Hard to keep up. (Not implying you specifically said that btw)

They won’t need to replace him anytime soon, he’s only 51, and has shown that he puts money before principles, so they will throw enough cash at him to make him stay as long as they need.

It’s an absolutely sickening state of affairs, and I see no reason to doubt that City will win many more titles in the next 5–10 years and cement themselves as the most dominant club the league has ever seen.

Unread 23-05-2022, 10:33 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
I thought Guardiola was a fraud a couple of weeks ago? Hard to keep up. (Not implying you specifically said that btw)

They won’t need to replace him anytime soon, he’s only 51, and has shown that he puts money before principles, so they will throw enough cash at him to make him stay as long as they need.

It’s an absolutely sickening state of affairs, and I see no reason to doubt that City will win many more titles in the next 5–10 years and cement themselves as the most dominant club the league has ever seen.

Unread 24-05-2022, 12:19 AM
Stickman

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Tony Evans pissed tweeting at 2am............................again.

https://twitter.com/TonyEvans92a/sta...dknooA4geIMv2w
hes not embarrased for anyone though is he, he's just fuming theyre stuck on 19 and our historic treble is protected.

Unread 24-05-2022, 03:00 PM
AK14

Unread 01-06-2022, 11:37 PM
Pop

Thumbs down

Topic: French interior minister Gerald Darmanin: Liverpool supporters pose public order problems

- This is honestly one of the worst, most disgusting lies I've seen about our fans since 1989. It's the lowest of the low. I find it so, so upsetting.

- Honestly the club need to move on this right now and tell UEFA we will not partake in any matches in France until we are issued a full apology and guarantee our fans will be safe when they visit France in the future. I know they want all the facts and testimonials from fans before taking a legal challenge against these #@&%!s but they are dragging our name through the mud. Those comments today where down right hurtful. I'm in an absolute rage reading them

- I've had a waking nightmare feeling since all this started before the match, just a pit in my stomach the whole time. Watched the match in a half-daze to be honest. How the £#%&!, in 2022? And then everything after has been so incredibly worse, and now these exact statements again. It's £#%&!ed my head up.

- Throwing one smear after another may work in politics, however doing that against a fan base so skilled and so determined at debunking lies, is just asking for trouble.

- Quite clearly, fans are rightly angered by the French government and are responding to it. The narrative matters, too. There is a difference this time - 'the truth' is out there. It's all over social media, backed up by celebrities, journalists and VIPs. There is no need to accept the French government setting a false narrative so at odds with the widely visible, known truth.

- The club needs to sue

- What happened on Saturday in Paris appears to be a premediated conspiracy, by officials who had a duty of care, in a city that requested to hold the final, to put of thousands of innocent people in harm’s way, causing injuries and trauma to thousands, and then smear them afterwards. If so, then testimony from as many witnesses as possible, if brought before an impartial judge, jury or deliberative body of any reasonableness, could be enough to send all those responsible in planning and executing this crime, to jail. The police, the municipality, the French ministers, UEFA - every responsible party should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

- In terms of culpability its: 1. Organizers 2. French police 3. UEFA 4. Local gangs

- Do we have any spanish speakers on the forum who could go on madrid websites and ask if any of their fans would be willing to forward their experience and camera footage to lfc

- It’s a £#%&!ing outrage that our Government aren’t absolutely hammering Macron for this

- Think they’ve dug themselves a bigger hole and the French public will see that, so I’m hopeful that they won’t get away with this. However, the comment about Liverpool fans being a specific risk is absolutely sickening. Someone needs to educate that #@&%!.

- At some point it’s going to dawn on Darmanin that he’s chosen the wrong city to start a fight with.

- I felt physically sick after hearing those comments

- It's like the Thatcher government all over again.

- Upsetting and rage inducing, we should refuse to play in France ever again

- It's stunning how much glee some other fans reacted to news it was Liverpool fans causing problems

- There must've been numerous lawyers and solicitors among our support who go caught up in this on Saturday, think this can only go legal routes.

- I'd settle for a complete collapse of the French government, at the moment. £#%&! the lot of them.

- Gérald Darminin and Amélie Oudéa-Castéra have spent three hours lying through their teeth. They have sought once again to blame Liverpool fans for everything. They have shown their prejudice, their incompetence, and their lies. It was clear to me that not a single senator who asked them a question believed what they were saying. Everybody in the UK knows they are lying, everybody in France knows it too, and we must all keep our foot on the throat now when it matters most.

- Steaming angry with this

- Margaret Thatcher & Norman Bettison all over again

- I am £#%&!ing livid. I can’t quite believe what I’m reading. The feelings must be so much worse for those who actually experienced this in Paris or were at Hillsborough.

- Absolutely sickening and rage inducing.

- Sadly music to the ears of other football fans in England particularly in Manchester when it should be collective outrage.

- The only reason things weren't worse is the impeccable behavior of the Liverpool fans

- No surprise here, deflect, blame, everyone else's fault.

- Ton of Evertonians, City and United fans spreading lies all over social media

- https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/lfc...l-final-events

Etc, etc, etc.....

Unread 01-06-2022, 11:40 PM
Dr Stranger

That’s a new one. Fuming, shaking, steaming.

Unread 01-06-2022, 11:41 PM
Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger

That’s a new one. Fuming, shaking, steaming.
Don't forget numb. They're often numb with rage too.

Unread 01-06-2022, 11:46 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Don't forget numb. They're often numb with rage too.
Numb, steaming, shaking, fumin - must be tough to go for those long walks.

Unread 02-06-2022, 12:46 AM
Selhurst Samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
[b]

- In terms of culpability its: 1. Organizers 2. French police 3. UEFA 4. Local gangs
5. Chelsea
6. Everyone else who ever existed
7. Liverpool fans

Unread 02-06-2022, 07:15 AM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Samurai
5. Chelsea
6. Everyone else who ever existed
7. Liverpool fans
How dare you include Liverpool fans. This list should always stop at 6.

Unread 02-06-2022, 07:23 AM
NedKelly

They’re actually going head to head with a whole country because they refuse to accept any responsibility ffs. Like some collective form of borderline personality disorder.

Unread 02-06-2022, 07:44 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
They’re actually going head to head with a whole country because they refuse to accept any responsibility ffs. Like some collective form of borderline personality disorder.
They’ve become obsessed with maintaining the image they’ve created for themselves.

The second the big screen had the announcement about kick of being delayed due to fans being late, they were all over social media with …. LIARS! People who aren’t even in the country, on the defensive before they even know the facts.

They’re deranged.

Unread 02-06-2022, 07:50 AM
Sapien

I mean in fairness it does look like UEFA have some serious questions to answer about the organisation of the final. It is strange how it always seems to be them involved though.

Unread 02-06-2022, 08:05 AM
Switching Off

Refuse to play in France
Closed Thread