United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-05-2022, 01:26 PM
naes_sean

Default Eric Ten Hag First Press Conference as Manchester United Manager

Unread 23-05-2022, 01:53 PM
Chris Quayd

Never heard a Dutchie with such a bad command of English. Obviously not time for TONIGHT thread just yet but it’s a concern.

Unread 23-05-2022, 01:55 PM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Never heard a Dutchie with such a bad command of English. Obviously not time for TONIGHT thread just yet but it’s a concern.
Agreed. Esp in combination with the questionable whistle.

Unread 23-05-2022, 01:56 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Isn’t he from some Wrong Turn-style part of Holland? Mocked for it. Known for rubbing people up the wrong way, isn’t he? Press are gonna hate him and the second we so much as concede a throw in, they’ll be all over his ‘lack of charisma’.

Unread 23-05-2022, 02:01 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Isn’t he from some Wrong Turn-style part of Holland? Mocked for it. Known for rubbing people up the wrong way, isn’t he? Press are gonna hate him and the second we so much as concede a throw in, they’ll be all over his ‘lack of charisma’.
tbf Wenger was always the darling of the football press and celebrated as an intellectual professor type, but he's from a farming community in rural Alsace with the French equivalent of an oo-ar accent.

Unread 23-05-2022, 02:02 PM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
tbf Wenger was always the darling of the football press and celebrated as an intellectual professor type, but he's from a farming community in rural Alsace with the French equivalent of an oo-ar accent.
It's that right? Shattered my illusions that has.

Unread 23-05-2022, 02:04 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Doesn’t Wenger speak about 6/7 languages though?

Listened to three minutes of that and I’m still not sure if Kojak speaks English or not.

Unread 23-05-2022, 02:04 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Haaksbergen on the German border...

Small farming town, Dutch Macclesfield......

Unread 23-05-2022, 02:06 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
It's that right? Shattered my illusions that has.
Yes. Although he's tempered his accent tbf. He's from a few miles away from where my in-laws live and they all speak like that. Except my missus who hates it. J'ai un brand nouveau combine harvesteur.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Doesn’t Wenger speak about 6/7 languages though?

Listened to three minutes of that and I’m still not sure if Kojak speaks English or not.
Yes, or at least French, Alsacien (local dialect), German and Japanese. Not sure what else.

I suppose I'm just saying country yokel or not, as long as ten Hag does the business and boots out the time-wasters, I'm not arsed.

Unread 23-05-2022, 02:10 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:

Yes, or at least French, Alsacien (local dialect), German and Japanese. Not sure what else:
Not certain but think he spoke English too

Unread 23-05-2022, 02:11 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Yes. Although he's tempered his accent tbf. He's from a few miles away from where my in-laws live and they all speak like that. Except my missus who hates it. J'ai un brand nouveau combine harvesteur.

Yes, or at least French, Alsacien (local dialect), German and Japanese. Not sure what else.

I suppose I'm just saying country yokel or not, as long as ten Hag does the business and boots out the time-wasters, I'm not arsed.
I think he speaks English as well...

Unread 23-05-2022, 02:11 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
I think he speaks English as well...
fair point

Unread 23-05-2022, 02:13 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
fair point
Gutted for quayders

Love that he's from the sticks and doesn't take shit. All about it

Unread 23-05-2022, 02:16 PM
Dr Stranger

Never been to Old Trafford as a player or coach. Never even seen a game there

We might as well have hired Saffers.

Unread 23-05-2022, 02:16 PM
Ethers

I like his voice tbh. I think his general aura is someone who won’t take any shit, and I wouldn’t like to get on the bad side of.

Needed.

Unread 23-05-2022, 02:17 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
I like his voice tbh. I think his general aura is someone who won’t take any shit, and I wouldn’t like to get on the bad side of.

Needed.
Yes. Some nice short ‘that’s a stupid question’ responses in the press conference. Not unlike Big Louis in that sense. Love a mardy Dutch bastard 👍

Unread 23-05-2022, 02:18 PM
AK14

Hmmmm…

Didn’t expect his English to be so poor

Turned out to be a pointless interview because he may as well have done the presser in klingong.

The way he says Club will get very annoying very quickly too…

Unread 23-05-2022, 02:19 PM
Sharders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Haaksbergen on the German border...

Small farming town, Dutch Macclesfield......

Unread 23-05-2022, 02:20 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Hmmmm…

Didn’t expect his English to be so poor

Turned out to be a pointless interview because he may as well have done the presser in klingong.

The way he says Club will get very annoying very quickly too…
Clerb Reds 😎

Unread 23-05-2022, 02:22 PM
Zorg

Quote:

Needed.
Closed Thread