United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 23-04-2022, 02:16 PM
Lodestar

This team will not play for any manager - they throw them all under the bus and they will do it to ETH. If we don't get any European football next season let all their wallets get a bit lighter with no bonuses etc. Cowards.

Unread 23-04-2022, 02:16 PM
Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Yep, we’ve not had the rub, but we’ve also not done enough. The ref didn’t miss our penalty. We’ve played much worse than this, but you can’t be as bad in both boxes as this and have any complaints.

Still baffled by Bruno taking that penalty. Shocking decision and a feature
Of the modem game I just don’t understand.

The only positive - and it ain’t much - is that they have at least seemed a bit more up for it, but that wasn’t difficult after Tuesday.

Season end and ETH and a clear out can’t come soon enough.
And finish out of Europa league qualification spots

Unread 23-04-2022, 02:17 PM
Jethro

Nine goals conceded in three games. Simply outstanding.

Unread 23-04-2022, 02:18 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
I have no problem with bruno taking the penalty. but that stuttering run-up is a bag of shite and always has been. just £#%&!ing bury it.
So you’ve no problem with him taking it, but you do with how he takes it? Hasn’t he scored about 25 pens out of 28 with that run up.

When you’ve got a primary penalty taker, who is largely reliable and in good form, they shouldn’t ever be change barring a run of misses that ensures they’re no longer the first choice.

Can you imagine Alan Shearer, Harry Kane or Ruud not taking that at 2-1 down in a crucial away game, I’m actually surprised Ronaldo didn’t wrestle the ball off him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Nine goals conceded in three games. Simply outstanding.
Alarming. Especially when you consider it was the one aspect of our game that had slightly improved under Rangnick.

Unread 23-04-2022, 02:20 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
So you’ve no problem with him taking it, but you do with how he takes it?
thanks for understanding.

Unread 23-04-2022, 02:21 PM
Ronny

As bad as the season is ending it is for the best..
the europa league is this squads level we have been humiliated too often in the CL recently.
Any pretence of success will let the Glazers off the hook .They must back the new manager wholeheartedly or our demise will simply continue.

Unread 23-04-2022, 02:22 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar
This team will not play for any manager - they throw them all under the bus and they will do it to ETH. If we don't get any European football next season let all their wallets get a bit lighter with no bonuses etc. Cowards.
Hopefully this team won’t exist next year

no fun

Tell you how bad things have got....just agreed to go shopping with the pegger for a new toaster to take my mind off things

Stickman

Have to say lads we look quality.

Unread 23-04-2022, 02:23 PM
AK14

I look forward to us having a goal similar to Xhaka‘s disallowed in the next few games.

Unread 23-04-2022, 02:24 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
I look forward to us having a goal similar to Xhaka‘s disallowed in the next few games.
and that first one from Tavares will definitely ne given against us at some point.

£#%&! it. We've been shite. Arsenal barely better. Two bald men and a comb.

Unread 23-04-2022, 02:25 PM
Dr Stranger

The main takeaway from this game for me is a reminder of what a shit of a club Arsenal are.

They’ve really pissed me off today. Snide, small time giddy little #@&%!s, all fronted by the epitome of the overhyped hipster manager that is Mikel Arteta.

He’ll be banging on about his teams ‘bravery and character’ after riding their luck against the worst United team in living memory.

Their reaction to Bruno missing that penalty was real small time stuff, akin to that gormless orangutan in the studio doing in way back in 2003.

I really Hope Spurs get 4th and I’m sure Arsenal will be nowhere near it next season.

#@&%!s.

Unread 23-04-2022, 02:25 PM
Sparky***

You just knew that we’d concede arsenals first decent effort after missing that pen.

Now as usual the heads have dropped and they’re just slinging in aimless crosses and giving away petulant fouls. They’re a disgrace.

Unread 23-04-2022, 02:26 PM
Danoli

Season is over….what a huge disappointment

When you think of the euphoria following Ronaldo’s return it genuinely beggars belief

Unread 23-04-2022, 02:26 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
£#%&! it. We've been shite. Arsenal barely better. Two bald men and a comb.
this. except that they were marginally worse than us and got every decision. can't really get excited about any of it, though. I am not invested in the this team. it needs to be destroyed and rebuilt.

Unread 23-04-2022, 02:27 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
You just knew that we’d concede arsenals first decent effort after missing that pen.

Now as usual the heads have dropped and they’re just slinging in aimless crosses and giving away petulant fouls. They’re a disgrace.
You’re not wrong, but they actually played better than I expected, which is pretty damning on its own.’

How many games more of this is there? Is it two? I hope it’s two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danoli
Season is over….what a huge disappointment

When you think of the euphoria following Ronaldo’s return it genuinely beggars belief
£#%&!in hell, how slow is your feed…

Unread 23-04-2022, 02:28 PM
AK14

Didn’t expect anything else tbh

We’re shit. Like really shit.

Unread 23-04-2022, 02:28 PM
dunk

Rio: ‘Ralf Ragnick has come in and it’s got worse.’

Doing a good job though.

Unread 23-04-2022, 02:29 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Didn’t expect anything else tbh

We’re shit. Like really shit.

Chelsea will easily smack them for 5 . These team needs to be broken. As unprofessional as it is ralf needs to name names . These £#%&!ers need to be hung out to dry.

Fair play on the club giving Bruno a 5 year deal when he had 3 years left on his current one

Unread 23-04-2022, 02:29 PM
ZiggyStardust

Given the levels we’ve sunk to that was actually a good performance by our standards
However we’re our own worst enemies, so fragile

Matic and Ronaldo played really well

Bruno needs to be dropped
What was he thinking taking that pen away from Ronaldo with the form he’s in

Anyway the game didn’t matter as we weren’t getting CL football even if we won
At least it wasn’t another humiliation