United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-04-2022, 06:42 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stella Fella
He says 10 will come pal but in interview with Sky he said it took Liverpool 3 windows to be competitive and 4 or 5 to get where they are now. My bet is that with the players leaving it is obvious over 2 or 3 windows that 10 will come in - but it depends on who

10 over 3 starting with 4 this summer...

2 (final jigsaw)

Unread 20-04-2022, 06:46 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stella Fella
He says 10 will come pal but in interview with Sky he said it took Liverpool 3 windows to be competitive and 4 or 5 to get where they are now. My bet is that with the players leaving it is obvious over 2 or 3 windows that 10 will come in - but it depends on who
Yeah, no way he means in one window.

You see his point. He was saying yesterday that it needn’t be so complicated or that we’re that far away. Many stages, but no reason we can’t progress if those stages are done right. Have a vision and sign accordingly. Simple. Stop buying marquee, statement signings that don’t fit what the manager wants.

Over the next 2-3 windows:

Cavani, Pogba, Lingard, Mata, Matic - this window minimum

Henderson, DDG, Bailly, Ronaldo, Jones, Martial.

That’s 10 without batting an eyelid.

Then serious question marks over: DDG, Maguire, Lindelof, rashford, Dalot, awb, Telles.

All will need replacing at 3-4 signings over the next 2-3 windows. It’s a massive undertaking, but do it and we’re literally an entirely different side and if we do it in the mould of the manage and Fletcher, murtough, Arnold - everyone - pulling in the right direction -, we should progress each window.

I’d say the only players not really under immediate threat of being sold are McFred, Varane, Bruno, Sancho, Elanga, but that could all change once ETH has his feet under the desk.

But it really is on the club. That stat was damning after the Everton game recently: after that 4-0 drubbing there three years back, Ole said a lot those players wouldn’t play for the club again. Turns out 6 of the 11 started that game and only 2 of that 11 have actually left the club, that’s an utter disgrace. Who we sell has become more important than who we sign. Fast forward three years from now, and it’ll probably be the same #@&%!s lining up again making the same mistakes.

Unread 20-04-2022, 06:50 AM
My Name is Heath

Evolve not revolve

How many of this squad would get into the 2008 team?

Jesus - Ji Sung Park didn’t even make the bench for one CL final iirc

He’d be first choice midfielder for us now.

We have shit@#%&!ed ourselves into being the new Spurs/Villa.

Going to be a long journey back

Unread 20-04-2022, 06:56 AM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath

That has been the case for a very long time unfortunately. One or two bit part players maybe, , some have the ability, but not the mentality.

Unread 20-04-2022, 06:56 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
Evolve not revolve

Jesus - Ji Sung Park didn’t even make the bench for one CL final iirc

He’d be first choice midfielder for us now.

We have shit@#%&!ed ourselves into being the new Spurs/Villa.

Going to be a long journey back
It is, but it’s doable

It’s depressing to think of what we’ve spent over the last ten years. We’re onto our sixth manager, we’ve spent more than every club except city (or is it more than them now, I dunno), players have fallen off a cliff and we’ve been humiliated by our rivals repeatedly, as they clean up all the big prizes. Not discounting the three cups we’ve won, it really couldn’t have been handled any worse.

That trajectory could all have been avoided and can be changed. Hopefully ETH and the changes upstairs is the start of turning the cruise liner around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
That has been the case for a very long time unfortunately. One or two bit part players maybe, , some have the ability, but not the mentality.
Never mind 2008 or any other great sides, a lot of them wouldn’t get into some of today’s better premier league team.

Right now, we are genuinely one of the worst teams in the league. No exaggeration.

Unread 20-04-2022, 07:07 AM
Sloppy

Unread 20-04-2022, 07:07 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy

Unread 20-04-2022, 07:20 AM
Denis Irwell

Greatest hope I have is that 90% of all this is on Woodward. Might be wrong and maybe Glazers had more say but really, think all they were bothered about was the bottom line and Woodward had a free reign and largely over ruled one manager after another. Regardless of what others think of Mou, I think only Saffers, myself and Atticus? saw what was going on. Most were concerned with Mou-hate and Pogba, Martial, Shaw got a free pass while Mou was labelled toxic. Just hope Arnold isn’t a Woodward clone and Murtough and Ralf make a difference. Ralf making the right noises but I wouldn’t trust Fletcher. He’ll just go whichever way the wind blows.

There has to be an improvement under ETH

Unread 20-04-2022, 07:34 AM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Greatest hope I have is that 90% of all this is on Woodward. Might be wrong and maybe Glazers had more say but really, think all they were bothered about was the bottom line and Woodward had a free reign and largely over ruled one manager after another. Regardless of what others think of Mou, I think only Saffers, myself and Atticus? saw what was going on. Most were concerned with Mou-hate and Pogba, Martial, Shaw got a free pass while Mou was labelled toxic. Just hope Arnold isn’t a Woodward clone and Murtough and Ralf make a difference. Ralf making the right noises but I wouldn’t trust Fletcher. He’ll just go whichever way the wind blows.

Just you, saffers and atticus? Shyeah right

It was quite obvious to those on the forum who aren’t can see the bigger picture… sadly there are a few who can’t and want a simple managerial change to make it all better.

Unread 20-04-2022, 07:56 AM
AK14

Quote:

Ahem…

Unread 20-04-2022, 07:59 AM
Ronny

Who overruled Ralf making Lingard stay? who decided to give Bruno a five year deal now?
Who constitutes the transfer committee that will allow ETH a say in transfers?
I see no concrete evidence any real change has begun.
Bringing in an inexperienced manager from a lower league has been done before, all kinds of PR around a reset I’ve heard before.
Unless serious business has been achieved by September nothing will change and ETH will fail no doubt pocketing a handsome payoff .
Expecting different results whilst retaining the same cast of characters is a mugs game.

Unread 20-04-2022, 08:02 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronny
Who overruled Ralf making Lingard stay? who decided to give Bruno a five year deal now?
Who constitutes the transfer committee that will allow ETH a say in transfers?
I see no concrete evidence any real change has begun.
Bringing in an inexperienced manager from a lower league has been done before, all kinds of PR around a reset I’ve heard before.
Unless serious business has been achieved by September nothing will change and ETH will fail no doubt pocketing a handsome payoff .
Expecting different results whilst retaining the same cast of characters is a mugs game.

Don’t forget when murtough gave lingard some time off without consulting ralf. What is even the point of manager at this club?!

Unread 20-04-2022, 08:02 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
I specifically recall it was only really me, The Watcher and stan_T2? that didn’t rate Fellaini while the rest of the board was focused on Schneiderlin’s crisp passing game

Harsh on MJers to be fair

Unread 20-04-2022, 08:03 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Don’t forget when murtough gave lingard some time off without consulting ralf. What is even the point of manager at this club?!
They’re there to take the blame.

Unread 20-04-2022, 08:14 AM
windy waffles

Quote:

“There might be a couple of players - and I have already named those players to the board - that independent from formation, from style of football, and independent from a new manager, that could be of interest for a club like United.

Unread 20-04-2022, 08:17 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
They’re there to take the blame.
ETH won’t be given the control to do what he wants.( despite reports) . I cannot see these parasites take 25 million a year out of the club and relinquish control.

He won’t be give the correct structure in place. Woodward might be gone, but the likes of Matt judge and murtough and fletcher just stink the place out. I don’t know if transfer require signatures from the glazers but they are incredibly slow and drawn out.

Moyes wanted Herrera , he was offered to LVG and he got him
LVG wanted several players he didn’t get , he has said so in public
Jose wanted slabhead . He was offered to ole a yea elated
Ole wanted Sancho, he came a year later.

The likes of shaw were called fat by two managers, and he is still here. Ok he had a good season last year but just think about that. Two managers didn’t play him because he was over weight and he was offered a new deal.

Jones offered a 5 year deal in 2018 . The likes of mata offered new deals each year and for what? 4 appearances ?

Giving martial 250/300k a week. Giving de gea 300k a week?! No GK should be on that much . What did they do a few weeks back?

Bruno fernandes as good a player he is, has been dog shit by his standards this season. He had 3 years left on his deal so they offer him a new one and double is salary for 240k a week. Another example of rewarding failure. I’m not saying he should be leaving, but let the new manager have him for 6-12 months and see if he deserves that new deal or his form stays the same , there was 3 years left on his current one

Murtough is an internal appointment from moyes. Fletcher is there for what? He has had no experience in any role like that so what is he doing? This idea that ex players can come in and change things is absurd. Either he has control on transfers and scouts or he doesn’t. Either way he isn’t qualified , if he doesn’t have control over things like that , then what’s the point of him?!

Then there are the parasite rat bastards plunging the club into debt. Haven’t improved OT a bit since 2005. Haven’t touched the training ground a bit . Have hired people in positions who are not fit to run the club and take millions out.

Souness last night was a bitter old @#%&!. “It’s a business” . One I hate that cliche , no it’s not. Two if the glazers built United up and got success then I’d say fair enough. They purchased a world class successful club on leveraged debt . ThAt is all. They have done £#%&! all . Honestly , £#%&!ing inbred looking @#%&!s

Unread 20-04-2022, 08:22 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Years and years of people saying Woodward and the owners are to blame for the mess we’re in, literal protests have happened in real life with actual members of this forum attending, with manager after manager calling Woodward out, but it was only Denny and Saffers who knew all along.
Aye, miss the point, pal.

Ok, not oblivious of Woodward but you wouldn’t know for all the bleating about “toxic Mou” throwing Pogba, Martial and Shaw under the bus. He was frequently blamed for signing Pogba. Theres been plenty of revisionism going on here recently with a good fre finally recognising Mourinho had a point. Calm your keks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
ETH won’t be given the control to do what he wants.( despite reports) . I cannot see these parasites take 25 million a year out of the club and relinquish control.

He won’t be give the correct structure in place. Woodward might be gone, but the likes of Matt judge and murtough and fletcher just stink the place out. I don’t know if transfer require signatures from the glazers but they are incredibly slow and drawn out.

Moyes wanted Herrera , he was offered to LVG and he got him
LVG wanted several players he didn’t get , he has said so in public
Jose wanted slabhead . He was offered to ole a yea elated
Ole wanted Sancho, he came a year later.

The likes of shaw were called fat by two managers, and he is still here. Ok he had a good season last year but just think about that. Two managers didn’t play him because he was over weight and he was offered a new deal.

Jones offered a 5 year deal in 2018 . The likes of mata offered new deals each year and for what? 4 appearances ?

Giving martial 250/300k a week. Giving de gea 300k a week?! No GK should be on that much . What did they do a few weeks back?

Bruno fernandes as good a player he is, has been dog shit by his standards this season. He had 3 years left on his deal so they offer him a new one and double is salary for 240k a week. Another example of rewarding failure. I’m not saying he should be leaving, but let the new manager have him for 6-12 months and see if he deserves that new deal or his form stays the same , there was 3 years left on his current one

Murtough is an internal appointment from moyes. Fletcher is there for what? He has had no experience in any role like that so what is he doing? This idea that ex players can come in and change things is absurd. Either he has control on transfers and scouts or he doesn’t. Either way he isn’t qualified , if he doesn’t have control over things like that , then what’s the point of him?!

Then there are the parasite rat bastards plunging the club into debt. Haven’t improved OT a bit since 2005. Haven’t touched the training ground a bit . Have hired people in positions who are not fit to run the club and take millions out.

Souness last night was a bitter old @#%&!. “It’s a business” . One I hate that cliche , no it’s not. Two if the glazers built United up and got success then I’d say fair enough. They purchased a world class successful club on leveraged debt . ThAt is all. They have done £#%&! all . Honestly , £#%&!ing inbred looking @#%&!s
He’s gone full-on gloating since Fergie left, yet was being accused of being more pro-United by dippers beforehand l

Unread 20-04-2022, 08:32 AM
Lodestar

The strategy will be the same. A "marquee" signing to show the faux investment and then a merry go round summer of name linking and tumbleweed. The Glazers don't have the competence or vision to run this club and nothing less than ousting them will do. The mentality of the players is a by-product of their ownership.

Unread 20-04-2022, 08:33 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Aye, miss the point, pal.

Ok, not oblivious of Woodward but you wouldn’t know for all the bleating about “toxic Mou” throwing Pogba, Martial and Shaw under the bus. He was frequently blamed for signing Pogba. Theres been plenty of revisionism going on here recently with a good fre finally recognising Mourinho had a point. Calm your keks.
Tbh you get a few on here who get attached to certain managers but the general consensus in the past year or two has definitely been that every manager post-Fergie has been hampered by Woodward in particular attempting to control transfers and, to an extent, shadow-manage the team.

I’ve even seen Moyes viewed in a more sympathetic light recently. The only ones who still seem obsessed with managers are the ones who loved Mourinho and hated Ole - and I suspect that is just them seeking vengeance.

Unread 20-04-2022, 08:36 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar
The strategy will be the same. A "marquee" signing to show the faux investment and then a merry go round summer of name linking and tumbleweed. The Glazers don't have the competence or vision to run this club and nothing less than ousting them will do. The mentality of the players is a by-product of their ownership.
100% they’ll sign a couple of b-rate players from the shit leagues and they just won’t be good enough nor have the mentality to play for a club under so much scrutiny.

The likes of lamptey, Calvert-lewin and other shit@#%&!s . VDB will come back so there’s one of your “ new signings” .nobody will pay for martial so that’s another. I’m sure Andreas pereiras permanent deal collapsed. As far as the club are concerned out of the 7/8 needed they already “have 3”

Bale is out of contract this summer? There’s your statement signing.
Closed Thread