United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 16-03-2022, 07:17 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Denis and patty are both right, a striker at the back post with a looped cross should NEVER have the chance to head it ......he should be rushed by the keeper at full pelt ..

But if you're going to be a massive @#%&! you should NEVER be beat so easily inside your near post ...

He really is a pathetic mess of a keeper if the shot isn't straight at him or he can Hollywood dive a 30 yarder...

Massive goth.
Agree with that, I honestly don't think he should be trying to claim it, it never looks on to be claimed. But he at very least should be on top of the player on the end of the cross, positively smothering the @#%&!.

And then not doing that, at least make some sort of effort to cover the near post and not just stand in the middle of the goal with our hands out looking like a @#%&!.

He's goat faced paradox of a player. Schrodinger's goat. Makes us both better and worse. No doubts that he's probably the only one in the world that can makes some of the saves that he does. But his willingness to let opposition players boss HIS 18 yard area, and his reluctance to push higher in support of his team mates and get involved with actually playing some football at times has a negative impact on the team. We won't be shifting the £#%&!er any time soon though

Unread 16-03-2022, 07:33 AM
MUFC One Love

Last night was an absolute disgrace and shows where the club is at. The manager isn't good enough either. He may know football very well and have a philosophy but at the moment we just need results. Starting Elanga was madness.

To many players who don't want to be here and to many players not good enough. Some fall into both categories.

We even have Mr Manchester, Rashford, wanting out, he needs to look at his performances before anything.

I genuinely don't know where we go from here. A good few players going in the summer (thankfully) but then if Martial is back and the new manager is stuck with him we are knackered. If Van de Beek isn't good enough just move him on.

We just need a small squad next season of players who want to be here and have a bit about them. That's all we ask. Not bothered if we finish 10th next season as long as there is something to get behind.

Unread 16-03-2022, 07:50 AM
believe

I love how people keep saying Rashford wants out like there’s a plethora of big clubs waiting for him. Actually thinking about it he may be good leverage for the Kane deal

I’m just so fed up with them today. The constant kick in the balls on the back of a glimmer of hope gets worse each time. I’m so happy they’re not playing the Scousers this weekend.

Unread 16-03-2022, 07:52 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
I love how people keep saying Rashford wants out like there’s a plethora of big clubs waiting for him. Actually thinking about it he may be good leverage for the Kane deal

I’m just so fed up with them today. The constant kick in the balls on the back of a glimmer of hope gets worse each time. I’m so happy they’re not playing the Scousers this weekend.
I'm not saying there's loads of big clubs after him. He's been dire but still wants out from what we hear. Embarrassing.

Unread 16-03-2022, 07:52 AM
Lodestar

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Last night was an absolute disgrace and shows where the club is at. The manager isn't good enough either. He may know football very well and have a philosophy but at the moment we just need results. Starting Elanga was madness.

To many players who don't want to be here and to many players not good enough. Some fall into both categories.

We even have Mr Manchester, Rashford, wanting out, he needs to look at his performances before anything.

I genuinely don't know where we go from here. A good few players going in the summer (thankfully) but then if Martial is back and the new manager is stuck with him we are knackered. If Van de Beek isn't good enough just move him on.

We just need a small squad next season of players who want to be here and have a bit about them. That's all we ask. Not bothered if we finish 10th next season as long as there is something to get behind.
This. Another slack jawed performance and exit from us.

Amazing where we've got to isn't it. Just wanting a core of players willing to break a sweat. This is MUFC.

One of the telling aspects of last night was the commentator claiming Fred had upped his game under Rangnick and was becoming a fan favourite. Sums it up..

Unread 16-03-2022, 07:55 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
I'm not saying there's loads of big clubs after him. He's been dire but still wants out from what we hear. Embarrassing.
Wasn’t a dig at you mate just the overall situation and how £#%&!ed up it is that Rashford thinks that he’s got some kind of hold over the club.

If they stopped the sport today and never played again I doubt I’d bat an eyelid.

Unread 16-03-2022, 07:55 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar
This. Another slack jawed performance and exit from us.

Amazing where we've got to isn't it. Just wanting a core of players willing to break a sweat. This is MUFC.

One of the telling aspects of last night was the commentator claiming Fred had upped his game under Rangnick and was becoming a fan favourite. Sums it up..
The scouting has got to improve. Get a strategy and signed players who are here for the right reasons. Sign some young players and players who are performing week in week out at their clubs. Some will flourish here. Under the right management that is, if the new manager is allowed to do things their way.

Quote:
Wasn’t a dig at you mate just the overall situation and how £#%&!ed up it is that Rashford thinks that he’s got some kind of hold over the club.

If they stopped the sport today and never played again I doubt I’d bat an eyelid.
Yeah. Some of them will be in for a shock soon if results carry on like this. Surely our fanbase is fed up with a lot of them. I know I have no time for a lot of them.

Genuinely delighted we don't play for a few weeks now.

Unread 16-03-2022, 08:37 AM
AK14

QUOTE=Dasilvatwins;5722178]It’s beyond the just throwing money. Managers been given players they don’t want (Fred , VDB) to name a few

Hiring a pillock in charge who constantly makes the wrong choice of manager. Managers not getting their targets when they wanted. Not having a proper recruitment team ( think LVGS scouts are still there)

Not investing in the stadium one £#%&!ing bit. Not improving the training grounds one £#%&!ing bit.

Signing Sancho a year later than intended. The shit show first window with moyes. Offering huge contracts on players that shouldn’t be here . It all stems from ownership .[/quote]

Pretty sure John Murtough was hired when Moyes was here.

Unread 16-03-2022, 08:54 AM
waynes ear's

wonderful stench of piss this morning.

Unread 16-03-2022, 09:00 AM
Dasilvatwins

You know the best way to describe these shower of @#%&!s. I had no expectations and I’m still disappointed. Honestly can’t wait to see the back of this squad.

Harry maguire is a @#%&! and needs to be binned. There is no coming back for him. You need a quicker CB. Even if he takes time off for next season. He will just be an even slower version of himself .

Then there’s the usual pogba shaw AWB dalot mcfred (who I think can stay as 3rd and 4th choice) mata matic Jones Bailey, cavani martial VDB henderson lingard all need to £#%&! off

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
QUOTE=Dasilvatwins;5722178]It’s beyond the just throwing money. Managers been given players they don’t want (Fred , VDB) to name a few

Hiring a pillock in charge who constantly makes the wrong choice of manager. Managers not getting their targets when they wanted. Not having a proper recruitment team ( think LVGS scouts are still there)

Not investing in the stadium one £#%&!ing bit. Not improving the training grounds one £#%&!ing bit.

Signing Sancho a year later than intended. The shit show first window with moyes. Offering huge contracts on players that shouldn’t be here . It all stems from ownership .
Pretty sure John Murtough was hired when Moyes was here.[/quote]

Spend 2 years looking for a DOF. Ended up hiring an internal yes man to be the public face of a position that will hold no really power as the @#%&! ceo of the club will have to sign off everything anyway

Unread 16-03-2022, 10:13 AM
redhegemony

They were clearly worried about Sancho and he had 2 or 3 players on him quickly but we didn't have players making runs to distract defenders or give him an option nor were we able to move the ball quickly enough to get it into the spaces in other parts of the pitch. We rarely dragged them out of position.

Ronaldo came far too deep and wide.

We didn't vary much - stick some balls into the box with 2 or 3 players in there. Get The Scottish Player running into the box.

After a bright start we just became insipid.

We don't have incisive passers and Maguire can't seem to see a forward pass.

Unread 16-03-2022, 10:17 AM
Sparky***

Well, that was a shitter wasn’t it.

Unread 16-03-2022, 10:42 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
And it’s about to get worse

Unread 16-03-2022, 10:49 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I’m still fuming about it and I don’t know why because I never expected us to progress much further. I guess it’s just the lack of desire that kills me. I expect us to lose to plenty of teams nowadays but at least £#%&!ing try and do something.

Unread 16-03-2022, 11:00 AM
redhegemony

Quote:
I’m still fuming about it and I don’t know why because I never expected us to progress much further. I guess it’s just the lack of desire that kills me. I expect us to lose to plenty of teams nowadays but at least £#%&!ing try and do something.
I honestly don't think there was a lack of desire more a lack of ability. Players just not good enough at that level against a well organised disciplined team. The players are all largely average. We don't have any player aside from Ronaldo who is able to read the game and anticipate. I

We don't play enough risky passes that might create something because we don't see the space. There was a perfect example in the second half when Ronaldo made a run anticipating a through ball on his right but Varrane hit it into where he had been standing. Ronnie pointed out where the ball should have gone.
What we have is enough to beat most Premier League sides but the gap to the top teams is huge. That's when you need quality.

Unread 16-03-2022, 11:01 AM
dunk

I'd love to know how long the ball was in play 2nd half, can't have been more than 20 minutes. The snidiest of shithousery from Simeone's bunch of @#%&!s and the referee ably assisted them throughout. The pick, for me, being him stopping the game after Llorente lost a header to Sancho and just stayed down for a few seconds in the 18 yard box holding his ankle, instant stoppage, while we had the ball 5 yards outside the area, which led to a drop ball 15 yards further away from the Atleti goal. Compared to Dalot getting a hand off to the face and going down midway inside our half, the referee merrily played on until Atleti lost the ball.

The lad taking the throw-ins on the left took the actual living piss though. £#%&! me.

4 minutes makes a £#%&!ing mockery of the game. There were 8 subs, that's 4 minutes, so the referee decided Atleti did absolutely no untoward timewasting The subs took 2-3 minutes ffs.

We played right into their hands throughout though, with our naive set of £#%&!ing #@&%!s.

Unread 16-03-2022, 11:36 AM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
Swap Lindelof for The Scottish Player and we’d walk this.

Fred and The Scottish Player are not CDMs and we will be exposed by better midfields by the 2nd half.

We can only play one of them if we are to play a creative midfielder like Bruno.

Front 3 is good

Back 4 is ok assuming Maguire has incriminating photos of Sir Alex or someone.

We will be chasing shadows by 65 minutes.

God help us.
So predictable.

Fell asleep at half time but watched 2nd half this morning.

We need some big decisions to be taken…

Unread 16-03-2022, 11:54 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I'd love to know how long the ball was in play 2nd half, can't have been more than 20 minutes. The snidiest of shithousery from Simeone's bunch of @#%&!s and the referee ably assisted them throughout. The pick, for me, being him stopping the game after Llorente lost a header to Sancho and just stayed down for a few seconds in the 18 yard box holding his ankle, instant stoppage, while we had the ball 5 yards outside the area, which led to a drop ball 15 yards further away from the Atleti goal. Compared to Dalot getting a hand off to the face and going down midway inside our half, the referee merrily played on until Atleti lost the ball.

The lad taking the throw-ins on the left took the actual living piss though. £#%&! me.

4 minutes makes a £#%&!ing mockery of the game. There were 8 subs, that's 4 minutes, so the referee decided Atleti did absolutely no untoward timewasting The subs took 2-3 minutes ffs.

We played right into their hands throughout though, with our naive set of £#%&!ing #@&%!s.
ref was a mess. Aside from the Llorente one - where he called for the physio, who didn't come on, meaning the player just stood up and got on with it - he was also constantly slowing down play by calling back quick free kicks and taking an age to communicate with players.

Still, didn't cost us the game. Our players managed that by themselves.

Unread 16-03-2022, 12:37 PM
Sparky***

Tactical anarchy

Unread 16-03-2022, 12:40 PM
waynes ear's

uncoachable at the side of the rest of the %@#$&!s in the team? probably sees his arse on a regular basis because shit@#%&!s like The Scottish Player cant play a forward pass into space and its always two yards behind him?

turd

edit: and if you think Fernandes is the problem, you need to just give up.