United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-08-2018, 07:44 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
I haven’t seen the castles article, but my guess is he means Chelsea could have signed him for 20m because he had the release clause. Not that Bilbao we’re looking to sell or even Chelsea were actuallly in for him.

It’s the kind of speculative stuff that gets written about when it comes to us tbf, so it makes a change when it’s another club.
True.

Unread 07-08-2018, 08:33 PM
Cream

Is Courtois going to Real? If so, how much?

Unread 07-08-2018, 08:49 PM
Ethers

£40m I think.

Unread 08-08-2018, 12:34 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Chelsea target Kepa Arrizabalaga has paid his release clause of £71m to La Liga, which allows him to leave Athletic Bilbao and clears the way for a transfer to the Premier League.

The deal would be a world record for a goalkeeper, surpassing the fee, believed to be up to £66.8m, that Liverpool paid for Alisson in July.

Spaniard Kepa, 23, is being brought in as a replacement for Thibaut Courtois.

Courtois has not reported for training and is being linked with Real Madrid.

The Belgium international, 26, was due at Chelsea's Cobham training ground on Monday, following his involvement at the World Cup.

Courtois has been a Blues player since 2011, when he signed from Belgian club Genk, and was loaned to Atletico Madrid from 2011 to 2014.

In Spain a player must buy himself out of his contract.

This is usually done by depositing the amount of the buyout clause with La Liga - Spain's equivalent of the Premier League - to release the player from his contract. The league then passes the money to the selling club.

Kepa is Spain's number two behind Manchester United's David de Gea and has one international cap.

He has spent the past two seasons in Bilbao's first team, making 53 La Liga appearances.
Be surprised if the kid had £71m knocking about...

Unread 08-08-2018, 12:38 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Be surprised if the kid had £71m knocking about...
Chelsea give him the 71m and he passes it on to the league who then pass it onto the club who then pass it on to the player who then...

£#%&! I’m confused now

Unread 08-08-2018, 12:46 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Chelsea give him the 71m and he passes it on to the league who then pass it onto the club who then pass it on to the player who then...

£#%&! I’m confused now
BACS transfer?

Unread 08-08-2018, 03:54 PM
Time For Heroes

Quote:

£#%&! I’m confused now
Then the player and his family mysteriously disappear. People answering the door looking like this

Closed Thread