“And I don’t want to sound like a certain manager talking about facts”

I love him so much

Unread 18-07-2020, 02:50 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly

I love him so much
Has a reputation as a nice guy, but he's got a bit of needle about him.

Unread 18-07-2020, 03:03 PM
Jethro

Ole

Unread 18-07-2020, 03:08 PM
armchair

Bristling!

There's a real hard edge to him.

Unread 18-07-2020, 07:11 PM
red in cumbria

Well if one way he is gong to follow Fergal is not being afraid to call out media bullshit, that is all to the good

Unread 18-07-2020, 09:14 PM
JamesPolk

Quote:

I love him so much
Loved him as player...
But he's grown biggly on me as manager....and learned from the best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Has a reputation as a nice guy, but he's got a bit of needle about him.

Unread 19-07-2020, 08:52 PM
ryanMUFC

The happy clappers out there will shake today off and put it down to the lads been tired or us being unlucky. He £#%&!ed up with the formation and team selection and if we don’t get top 4, questions should be asked.

It could be 2 seasons + 2 good runs and nothing in return for it.

Unread 19-07-2020, 08:55 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
The happy clappers out there will shake today off and put it down to the lads been tired or us being unlucky. He f***ed up with the formation and team selection and if we don’t get top 4, questions should be asked.

He took a chance with the line up. He knows it, we know it and he gambled.

It didn't pay off.

Lampard was in the same boat.

We weren't in any way unlucky today. We deserved nothing more, from back to front.

Got it wrong today. We need to react. We got what we wanted after Southampton with the Palace win and we need to do the same again.

Go get top four and we'll have done what we need to.

Unread 19-07-2020, 08:57 PM
utd99

The second you saw that team sheet you just knew we’d have nothing going forward. We had 8 predominantly defensive players on the pitch ffs. If we’re going to sit back, soak up pressure and hope to nick one we may as well have kept Mourinho.

Unread 19-07-2020, 09:00 PM
20LEgend1999

Quote:
The happy clappers out there will shake today off and put it down to the lads been tired or us being unlucky. He £#%&!ed up with the formation and team selection and if we don’t get top 4, questions should be asked.

Question #1

Have you been waiting 20 games to bump this thread?

Unread 19-07-2020, 09:02 PM
M33mike

Quote:

Can’t it be both? The players are tired and leggy, we could all see that, so he changes the side and makes a pigs ear of it?
I think our strongest side still gets pumped there tonight given the circumstances.

Unread 19-07-2020, 09:02 PM
ZiggyStardust

Ole knows next week is huge for his Utd managerial career

£#%&! it up and he might struggle to recover from it longer term
Get third place and this season is a big success and gives us a lot of confidence to go into next season with as well as maybe his top transfer targets

The performance today was more disappointing than anything else however the FA Cup especially without any fans isn’t really going to make or break a season
Next week will

Unread 19-07-2020, 09:12 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20LEgend1999
Question #1

Have you been waiting 20 games to bump this thread?
Have you been waiting for your chance to blindly defend the manager?

Credit where credit is due, he/or Bruno have brought us out of the shit to a respectable position in the league.

If you can’t acknowledge us being kicked out of the F.A cup because you think it’s negative and anti-ole, I’ll probably pass one your one dimensional opinion.

Unread 19-07-2020, 09:17 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Have you been waiting for your chance to blindly defend the manager?

Credit where credit is due, he/or Bruno have brought us out of the shit to a respectable position in the league.

If you can’t acknowledge us being kicked out of the F.A cup because you think it’s negative and anti-ole, I’ll probably pass one your one dimensional opinion.
But you bumped a thread titled “Ole”, when you could have just had a vent like everyone else in the match thread

Unread 19-07-2020, 09:18 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by M33mike
Can’t it be both? The players are tired and leggy, we could all see that, so he changes the side and makes a pigs ear of it?
I think our strongest side still gets pumped there tonight given the circumstances.
It can be. The players were leggy but probably set up to fail. He played James up front expecting us to counter attack against their 3 Cb’s and rested Pogba so we were overran in midfield.

It’s easy to point the finger afterwards obviously but it would have been a winnable final against Arsenal if fancied our chances and had our best 11 on the pitch. He was obviously thinking of the picture but it feels like an opportunity missed.

Quote:
But you bumped a thread titled “Ole”, when you could have just had a vent like everyone else in the match thread
I didn’t know it was reserved for games we win.

Unread 19-07-2020, 09:20 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
It can be. The players were leggy but probably set up to fail. He played James up front expecting us to counter attack against their 3 Cb’s and rested Pogba so we were overran in midfield.

It’s easy to point the finger afterwards obviously but it would have been a winnable final against Arsenal if fancied our chances and had our best 11 on the pitch. He was obviously thinking of the picture but it feels like an opportunity missed.
To be fair if we had any other goalkeeper we’d probably not have finished the first half 1-0 down and we certainly wouldn’t have conceded another within minutes of the second starting.

Quote:

I didn’t know it was reserved for games we win.
That wasn’t my point, silly you argue that you’re not anti-Ole but the first thing you do when we lose is bump an Ole thread. I mean at least own the hill you’re standing, and possibly choosing to die on.

Unread 19-07-2020, 09:27 PM
M33mike

Quote:

It is an opportunity missed especially given yesterday’s result, and in a normal season I’d agree with you. However the third game in 7 days, the ninth game in a month after three months off I’m inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt. Pointing out mitigating circumstances in these specific circumstances is valid I think, doesn’t necessarily make you a ‘happy clapper’

Unread 19-07-2020, 09:34 PM
barca99

He has been doing a great job of late no doubt but hes not above criticism.

We all said it we all new it, Chelsea are £#%&!ing £#%&! and they had us sussed.

Not helped of course by individual errors and shitshows.

Its his job now to get them ready for Wednesday.

Unread 19-07-2020, 09:40 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
To be fair if we had any other goalkeeper we’d probably not have finished the first half 1-0 down and we certainly wouldn’t have conceded another within minutes of the second starting.

That wasn’t my point, silly you argue that you’re not anti-Ole but the first thing you do when we lose is bump an Ole thread. I mean at least own the hill you’re standing, and possibly choosing to die on.
In the middle, compliments and criticism where I feel they’re due. Seems like you missed my point on this good run potentially resulting in very little like last seasons.

Lampard or Arteta will win a trophy in their first season managing in the premier league while Solskjaer could be going into his 3rd (2nd full) hoping to improve on missing out on the champions league again.

Unread 19-07-2020, 09:47 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by barca99
He has been doing a great job of late no doubt but hes not above criticism.

We all said it we all new it, Chelsea are £#%&!ing £#%&! and they had us sussed.

Not helped of course by individual errors and shitshows.

Its his job now to get them ready for Wednesday.
Chelsea aren’t £#%&!ing £#%&!

They’re a really good side that play good football

They’ve been inconsistent like us this season but Lampard is doing well developing a younger side there with a clear identity to take the game to opposition
Big change from the traditional Chelsea approach

If they play like that at Anfield they will really give Liverpool a game
Closed Thread