United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-03-2023, 11:39 PM
Gordon Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
He knows what our weaknesses are. The owners, certain players, squad depth (mainly in thanks to the owners and Woodward.

It's his first season and he's achieved relative miracles.
This is true, however sadly for the first & hopfuly only time, his tactics particuly at the start of the 2nd half have to be called into question, as it was so obvious that both, Weghorst & Anthony should not have been allowed to continue being on that pitch at the start of that 2nd half, but i also get the impression that ETH is a quick learner so hopfuly he won't ever repeat this mistake again.

Unread 06-03-2023, 03:00 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by The taste of...
Can’t imagine any red being down on ETH for that, couple of baffling choices aside.

Any backlash needs to be directed at the owners to bring some good from it
Finish them
Said the same on the other thread. Bald is still best. But we didn't attack Liverpool in their weakest areas. Haven't seen the second half but from reports midfield and defence were £#%&!. Lot of tired legs maybe? It's been an intense few weeks. We had to drop at some point. Wish it wasn't against them @#%&!s though.

Unread 06-03-2023, 04:42 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Said the same on the other thread. Bald is still best. But we didn't attack Liverpool in their weakest areas. Haven't seen the second half but from reports midfield and defence were £#%&!. Lot of tired legs maybe? It's been an intense few weeks. We had to drop at some point. Wish it wasn't against them @#%&!s though.
It has been a shock, never mind a wake-up call. 7-0 still looks weird, looking at it. Team selection questionable. The players just gave in after the 2nd. Looks like they didn’t have it in them to fight another uphill battle. It’s been a £#%&!ing crazy schedule with limited resources. But we don’t have any option other than to get ready for a tricky one vs Betis. A pisser that it was vs them and everything they hit went in. A 3rd finish with a cup is better than pre season expectations and we could win at least another.
In 96 we lost 6-3 at Southampton and 5-0 at Newcastle when everything they hit went in and that was with a title winning side, not a team in the early stages of rebuilding after a shambles left from a previous manager.

It was bad but we only lost 3 points and a loss of face. It wasn’t Stevie G falling on his face and throwing the title away. Could be 10 going out the door in summer.

Unread 06-03-2023, 08:04 AM
Dr Stranger

Heard he’s under surveillance again.

Worrying times for him.

Unread 07-03-2023, 03:06 PM
Pop

Press still having a field day, the @#%&!s. Headline news everywhere.

"Erik Seven Hag"

Should it happen during his tenure I hope Utd are the most ungracious and arrogant premier League winners of all time. Stuff it right down every abu @#%&!s throat who has come out from under their rocks after hibernating for the last few years

Unread 07-03-2023, 04:08 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsst
He’ll change his tune once his paymasters buy the club

Unread 07-03-2023, 04:36 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
He’ll change his tune once his paymasters buy the club
Wish they’d just decide he’s an infidel and do what’s needed

Unread 08-03-2023, 05:45 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsst
I feel he has become almost disturbed. He actually seems mental these days.

Unread 08-03-2023, 08:35 AM
MUFC One Love

Pathetic.

They said we wouldn't get in the top 4, we have won a trophy and are 3rd.

They're gutted we are improving. Yes the 7-0 was bad but as long as the team recovers it'll be a good season just a cup and top 4 is decent imo.

Unread 08-03-2023, 01:06 PM
Pop

I see Graham sodding Potter is an amazing manager this morning after winning something like his fifth from eighteen games. He's proven the Chelsea owner right in not sacking him, has been unlucky, its onwards and upwards now, etc, etc.

Ten Hag meanwhile is a national joke, has personal jokes aimed towards him, has been lucky so far, is completely overrated blah blah blah....

Unread 08-03-2023, 01:49 PM
WackTheJack99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
I see Graham sodding Potter is an amazing manager this morning after winning something like his fifth from eighteen games. He's proven the Chelsea owner right in not sacking him, has been unlucky, its onwards and upwards now, etc, etc.

Ten Hag meanwhile is a national joke, has personal jokes aimed towards him, has been lucky so far, is completely overrated blah blah blah....
It's great to see tbh. The world collectively against United - £#%&!ing love it. We now need to get out and keep the progress going. 2 trophies and top 4 would be a brilliant first season for ETH.

Unread 08-03-2023, 01:53 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Don’t be so ducking sensitive. ETHs been the best thing since sliced bread the last few weeks/months. They create narratives to sell papers get clicks. Potter new - Potter bad - Potter has to go? - surprise! Potter good …etc

Same with everyone. Obviously miles more articles outpouring opinions and more extreme as United sells papers/clicks

Unread 08-03-2023, 01:54 PM
RedNick80

Not sure he's a 'national joke' anywhere - beyond one bad pun - but if it helps maintain our chip then great I guess...

Unread 09-03-2023, 11:12 PM
red in cumbria

Genuine question - could anyone else have managed to do what he did tonight after Sunday?

Unread 09-03-2023, 11:13 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Genuine question - could anyone else have managed to do what he did tonight after Sunday?
Yes. But that shouldn’t distract from his well we did. He’s a top coach doing a great job. Before Sunday and since.

Unread 09-03-2023, 11:14 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Yes. But that shouldn’t distract from his well we did. He’s a top coach doing a great job. Before Sunday and since.
It was *slightly* rhetorical, but I do think the correct answer is "not many".

Unread 09-03-2023, 11:15 PM
waynes ear's

Hope his surveillance has been lifted by homophobic #@&%!s TONIGHT

Unread 09-03-2023, 11:17 PM
Bunker Buster

Unassuming master class, grey wool hat, same team, class changes ...

Quiet 4-1.

My manager

Unread 09-03-2023, 11:19 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
It was *slightly* rhetorical, but I do think the correct answer is "not many".
Lots of teams can respond well to getting thumped. I wouldn’t say it’s anything especially unique. It’s a good reflection of what he’s generally building.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Unassuming master class, grey wool hat, same team, class changes ...

Quiet 4-1.

My manager
I get the hat was needed, but I missed my bald. My egg. Those clumsy shaving cuts. Roll on spring.
Closed Thread