United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-12-2018, 11:23 PM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Careful what you wish for ffs
Actually an excellent point. I withdraw my comment.

Unread 05-12-2018, 11:48 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
Poor form from saffers it has to be said, spamming the forum for years with his bullshit Mourinho propoganda, and then flouncing when his utter wrongness was too obvious for even him to attempt to spin his way through.
He was backing the manager. Pretty sure he stood up and said his time had come a short while back, before being hounded off the forum by feckless ABMs

The forum is worse off for his absence

Unread 05-12-2018, 11:52 PM
Sparky***

Unread 06-12-2018, 12:20 AM
utd99

He’s right though. You want the likes of Bailly, Smalling and Rojo to do well because they run through walls for you, but they’re a holocaust waiting to happen. You don’t win titles with sloppy defenders.

Every single player we have to choose from has something glaring about their game that’s going to hurt us over time.

Unread 06-12-2018, 12:22 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

He'll be gone when we can't qualify for the ECL next season, that is a milestone/tipping point even the knownowt accountant can understand and act on. The fact that they save a few quid is neither here nor there, they'll lose more each week he's here. Or he may stay till the end of the season

Like the rabbit caught in the headlights, the wooden pecker hasn't got a clue what to do

Unread 06-12-2018, 12:26 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
He'll be gone when we can't qualify for the ECL next season, that is a milestone/tipping point even the knownowt accountant can understand and act on. The fact that they save a few quid is neither here nor there, they'll lose more each week he's here. Or he may stay till the end of the season

Like the rabbit caught in the headlights, the wooden pecker hasn't got a clue what to do
Like any of our forwards with more than a nanosecond to think about anything.

Unread 06-12-2018, 12:35 AM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
He’s right though. You want the likes of Bailly, Smalling and Rojo to do well because they run through walls for you, but they’re a holocaust waiting to happen. You don’t win titles with sloppy defenders.

Every single player we have to choose from has something glaring about their game that’s going to hurt us over time.
He is the one who frustrates me so much. On talent alone, he is a different level to any of the other defensive options, but erratic is an understatement. A different manager perhaps accepts some of his flaws and looks to work on them, giving him the confidence to possibly push his career on.

Mou not trusting him and choosing to go with a much more limited but steady Smalling is typical of his approach though.

Unread 06-12-2018, 12:38 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
He is the one who frustrates me so much. On talent alone, he is a different level to any of the other defensive options, but erratic is an understatement. A different manager perhaps accepts some of his flaws and looks to work on them, giving him the confidence to possibly push his career on.

Mou not trusting him and choosing to go with a much more limited but steady Smalling is typical of his approach though.
But you’re damned if you do and damned if you don’t. He can be fantastic, but is he ever more than ten seconds away from a brain melt? You can’t just assume we can recover from that against anyone, especially with our forwards.

Really makes you appreciate how clean our football used to be.

Quote:
choosing to go with a much more limited but steady Smalling is typical of his approach though.
Mate, I absolutely hate having to admit this, but Smalling’s our best defender.

Unread 06-12-2018, 12:45 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:

It's part of the maureen dna and why he is failing so badly here, his risk aversion, percentage point approach restricts and inhibits everyone and his ruthlessness in dealing with mistakes or deviation from his game plan undermines players confidence and even enjoyment of the game. I bet he's an absolute @#%&! to work for.

Unread 06-12-2018, 12:52 AM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
But you’re damned if you do and damned if you don’t. He can be fantastic, but is he ever more than ten seconds away from a brain melt? You can’t just assume we can recover from that against anyone, especially with our forwards.

Really makes you appreciate how clean our football used to be.

Mate, I absolutely hate having to admit this, but Smalling’s our best defender.
Well, yes, he has been for 5 years, as depressing as that may be for some. You know what to expect from him, and while he does make the occasional mistake he is generally more reliable than the others, in his limited fashion.

I do think there are signs this season that he is starting to go past his best years though, physically not quite what he was a couple of years back.

That injury Bailly suffered was at a terrible time. Still had a lot of positivity towards him after a strong first season(despite a poor end) but has never really found that rhythm again. Would much rather we invested time in Bailly than Lindelof though, or that eejit Rojo.

Unread 06-12-2018, 01:07 AM
armchair

out, out, out.

fair play he got players to run hard tonight but why wasn't he able to do that all season?

No matter what system or tactics you play, running more will always make things better. (Running around stupidly isn't a system btw)

Unread 06-12-2018, 01:54 AM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
He was backing the manager. Pretty sure he stood up and said his time had come a short while back, before being hounded off the forum by feckless ABMs

The forum is worse off for his absence
Top WUM

Unread 06-12-2018, 05:04 AM
Denis Irwell

Would love to see mad Eric part of a regular pairing. He’s always going to have brain farts if he can’t get a regular gig and a steady partnership. There was one (only one?) moment around the 80th when there was a cluster of them pissing around with the ball about 15/20 yds outside our box, and a Bailly was screaming at Matic/Smalling to play it wide and forward to Darmian.... the two £#%&!ing dopes continued to dither until the penny finally dropped and they played the obvious ball, by which time, Arsenal had it all covered. How many times does this happen ffs? It’s not something that needs to be coached, it is instinct. Drives me nuts. The lad has so much potential, he really needs nurturing and given some stability.
How or why Jones is still at the club, I have no idea.... and I try not to even think about Lukaku.
Hope Pogba £#%&!s off in January.

Unread 06-12-2018, 05:11 AM
ScarFace

I hate him so much. He's killed the entire sport for me right now. He is worse than Moyes.

Unread 06-12-2018, 05:46 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
I hate him so much. He's killed the entire sport for me right now. He is worse than Moyes.
Much worse

Moyes was a rabbit in the headlights. He had no idea what he was doing or how to behave at a big club with big expectations

Mourinho is much more considered and intentional in what he says and the teams he picks. And he’s spent much more with arguably worse results.

Needs to go. Give Pogba, Lukaku, Sanchez and some others until the end of the season to see if they improve under a new manager. If not, £#%&! then off as well.

Unread 06-12-2018, 06:37 AM
waynes ear's

Burn the £#%&!ing lot to the ground. Players, management, tea bastards, the lot.

Unread 06-12-2018, 08:05 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
out, out, out.

fair play he got players to run hard tonight but why wasn't he able to do that all season?

No matter what system or tactics you play, running more will always make things better. (Running around stupidly isn't a system btw)
Players are running?

Progress.

Unread 06-12-2018, 08:10 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
Burn the £#%&!ing lot to the ground. Players, management, tea bastards, the lot.

Unread 06-12-2018, 08:36 AM
puressence

blaming the manager when top line players make error after error after error his aftermatch was spot on ..

Unread 06-12-2018, 08:52 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
blaming the manager when top line players make error after error after error his aftermatch was spot on ..
Automatically begs the question: why are top line players making error after error?
Closed Thread