Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX

Unread 22-02-2023, 05:00 PM
dragflick

Quote:

Unread 22-02-2023, 07:17 PM
ragnorak

ok, I have read the whole thread and done no other research. I am ready to commit to my opinion. I think Qatar will buy us and it is probably the best option available right now so I am ok with it.

carry on

Unread 22-02-2023, 07:34 PM
Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragnorak
ok, I have read the whole thread and done no other research. I am ready to commit to my opinion. I think Qatar will buy us and it is probably the best option available right now so I am ok with it.

carry on
Agreed.

Unread 22-02-2023, 08:10 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:

Unread 22-02-2023, 10:49 PM
Dr Stranger

Xavi
Bellers

It’s gathering pace…

Unread 22-02-2023, 10:56 PM
Baron

Man who gives other man multiple millions thinks man is a decent sort. Cool.

I’m resigned to it, I think if we clear our debt and improve the facilities and spend within our means (£200m last summer…) then we can just carry on. Really I just expect them to want to get Neymar & so on with their name splashed all over the lot and the stadium

Unread 22-02-2023, 11:58 PM
tatty

English Football Regulator will have the power to block clubs joining a Super League.

Huge for future revenue projections for both the Glazers and Ratcliffe/Hedge Funds.

Of no concern to the main bidders of course.

Unread 23-02-2023, 12:09 AM
avocado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
English Football Regulator will have the power to block clubs joining a Super League.

Huge for future revenue projections for both the Glazers and Ratcliffe/Hedge Funds.

Of no concern to the main bidders of course.
As usual the devil will be in the detail:

The regulator will have the power to prevent English clubs from joining new competitions that do not meet a predetermined criteria, in consultation with the FA and fans. That criteria could include measures to stop clubs participating in closed-shop breakaway competitions which harm the domestic game, such as the European Super League.

“could” not “will”.

But at least we will still play, usually, in red:

It will guarantee fans a greater say in the strategic running of their clubs and help protect clubs’ heritage to stop owners changing names, badges and home shirt colours without consulting fans.

Unread 23-02-2023, 12:44 AM
Selhurst Samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
I’m resigned to it, I think if we clear our debt and improve the facilities and spend within our means (£200m last summer…) then we can just carry on.
That’s all I’m really hoping for from the new owner. Don’t want a load of money pumping in, just the money generated by the club to be reinvested.

Unread 23-02-2023, 01:27 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Samurai
That’s all I’m really hoping for from the new owner. Don’t want a load of money pumping in, just the money generated by the club to be reinvested.
Yep, that’s all we’ll need.

As long as these new rules are enforced effectively, we should have no problems with predatory @#%&!s like the Glazers and hopefully no absolute #@&%!s like Woodward imposing their “expertise” on recruitment. As long as managers are allowed to manage, we should be ok.

I’m sure LVG and dare I say, Mourinho would’ve fared a lot better had they been given access to the players they wanted, without resorting to the likes of Neymar, de Maria etc.

Unread 23-02-2023, 09:31 AM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Every cloud.

Unread 04-03-2023, 05:10 AM
Chris Quayd

On the other hand, perhaps it is time, finally, for some straight talking. Can we just be real? Because the current state of affairs is unsustainable.

It is absurd that there has been no debate about foreign states buying up football clubs; and not just assuming control of these cultural institutions but taking a seat of power in the national game, having input into how the sport should look and feel, and ultimately into the distribution of resources and facilities within the British state. This is a moment of profound change in English football, and indeed English society. It needs to be exposed to the light

Yea mad isn't it? If only you, The Guardian had been able to debate the merits of foreign states buying football clubs, say at any point over the last 15 years.

I'd be delighted if this brand new discovery by the Fourth Estate would lead to foreign states being barred from owning clubs (it won't) but I would appreciate if they could spare us all the the faux shock that this is a bad thing all of a sudden. city have quite obviously been cheating going on a decade to the point that the foreign press and even other football authorities have clocked on, somehow it's taken the best part of a generation and Saudi Arabia/us to raise enough of a profile of this issue for it to be taken seriously. Meanwhile those tramps across town have filled their boots with complete and utter impunity.

Unread 04-03-2023, 08:31 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
On the other hand, perhaps it is time, finally, for some straight talking. Can we just be real? Because the current state of affairs is unsustainable.

It is absurd that there has been no debate about foreign states buying up football clubs; and not just assuming control of these cultural institutions but taking a seat of power in the national game, having input into how the sport should look and feel, and ultimately into the distribution of resources and facilities within the British state. This is a moment of profound change in English football, and indeed English society. It needs to be exposed to the light

Yea mad isn't it? If only you, The Guardian had been able to debate the merits of foreign states buying football clubs, say at any point over the last 15 years.

I'd be delighted if this brand new discovery by the Fourth Estate would lead to foreign states being barred from owning clubs (it won't) but I would appreciate if they could spare us all the the faux shock that this is a bad thing all of a sudden. city have quite obviously been cheating going on a decade to the point that the foreign press and even other football authorities have clocked on, somehow it's taken the best part of a generation and Saudi Arabia/us to raise enough of a profile of this issue for it to be taken seriously. Meanwhile those tramps across town have filled their boots with complete and utter impunity.
It’s insane. City’s success has never even been questioned - at any level. Not even eyebrows raised. Impossible sponsorship arrangements, obvious under the counter wages just passed away by the press with a ‘nothing to see here’ wave. And worse than that, their very obvious cheating has been lauded by the press who dribble over pep and de bruyne every waking hour of every day.

It’s incredible - a lesson to any organisation that wants to get into bribery and cheating on an industrial scale.

Unread 04-03-2023, 08:59 AM
shenwen

The Newcastle thing is crazy. Even more blatant that city's clear cheating.

In Uk, Saudis submit legal document saying the owner is not the state.
In US, Saudis submit legal document saying the owner is the state

So what now from the PL? Oops they lied to us but it's too late to change?

Unread 06-03-2023, 03:34 PM
Dr Stranger

Unread 06-03-2023, 03:41 PM
NedKelly

Sheikh ya ass, watch yourself
Sheikh ya ass, show me what you workin with

Unread 06-03-2023, 03:46 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
if fabrice hawkins says it, it must be so
Closed Thread