United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 02-12-2023, 11:19 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
wait...so....marcus rashford isn't that good?

news to me.
Still a better player than your mate Ian Nachos.

Unread 02-12-2023, 11:23 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Still a better player than your mate Ian Nachos.
nope about the same level.

rashford has never been that good.
I could see it early on. no variation or maturity to his game.

should have sold him before his last deal, not even this one.

Unread 02-12-2023, 11:35 PM
ZiggyStardust

I think this might have been the moment I completely gave up on Rashford
How can a professional footballer do something like that, just give up on it
How are his team mates not kicking the shit out of him in the dressing room after doing that

Unread 02-12-2023, 11:37 PM
red in cumbria

Why are you all being so mean to him FFS?

He scored a penalty in our previous game, this surely gives him a free pass well into the new year.

Unread 02-12-2023, 11:47 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Why are you all being so mean to him FFS?

He scored a penalty in our previous game, this surely gives him a free pass well into the new year.
A penalty he had to be coerced into celebrating

He looks like he absolutely hates playing football. Seriously. Like the whole thing and the celebrity he’s become outside of football has just worn him out.

Even last season he was doing that stupid finger point ‘mentality’ celebration like he was proving a point.

You watch that kid that first broke into the first team and he looks thrilled to be involved.

Now, he looks seriously jaded. He’s a talented boy, but I honestly don’t think he’s got the footballing intelligence or elite mindset to become anything more than the highlights we’ve seen.

Last season had to be the standard. The concern was that it was a one off. And it was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
How are his team mates not kicking the shit out of him in the dressing room after doing that

https://www.twitter.com/RichardMUFC/...59639813333286
Not an isolated moment either. Did something similar twice on the first half. Not to mention the standard brainless surrenders of possession by running headlong into a load of shins.

Unread 02-12-2023, 11:51 PM
red in cumbria

And if it is really true that he is sulking because of his mate Sancho, then that is just another thing that shows his current unfitness to be here.

Unread 02-12-2023, 11:56 PM
VanHaaksbergen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
A penalty he had to be coerced into celebrating

He looks like he absolutely hates playing football. Seriously. Like the whole thing and the celebrity he’s become outside of football has just worn him out.
Would not be remotely surprised if that's true tbh. Have always been a big fan of Rashers; thought he'd rise to the top last season, but also cautioned that this regression was on the cards after the contract signing this season. He's always come across as .. neurodivergent .. away from the pitch. Could absolutely see him packing it in sometime at a young age.

Unread 02-12-2023, 11:58 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanHaaksbergen
Would not be remotely surprised if that's true tbh. Have always been a big fan of Rashers; thought he'd rise to the top last season, but also cautioned that this regression was on the cards after the contract signing this season. He's always come across as .. neurodivergent .. away from the pitch. Could absolutely see him packing it in sometime at a young age.
Fingers crossed.

Unread 03-12-2023, 12:01 AM
red in cumbria

So whose brilliant idea was it to give him a bumper new contract, given it was obvious from space what would happen.

Unread 03-12-2023, 12:02 AM
Zorg

Worn out, neurodivergent. Maybe. Sounds a bit too kind to me.

I think he’s a bone idle, spoiled, arrogant arsehole who needs reminding, if necessary with physical force, just how astronomically £#%&!ing fortunate he is to get paid millions to play for Manchester United and to stop sulking like he’s a 12 year old who’s had his ipad taken away.

Unread 03-12-2023, 12:06 AM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Worn out, neurodivergent. Maybe. Sounds a bit too kind to me.

I think he’s a bone idle, spoiled, arrogant arsehole who needs reminding, if necessary with physical force, just how astronomically £#%&!ing fortunate he is to get paid millions to play for Manchester United and to stop sulking like he’s a 12 year old who’s had his ipad taken away.
unfortunately for him and us he’s ‘grown up’ (and i use that word reluctantly) in teams that doesn’t tools to get managers sacked

Unread 03-12-2023, 12:08 AM
Arnold Muhren

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanHaaksbergen
End of last season?

Unread 03-12-2023, 12:13 AM
jem

rashford is a good player. despite the 9¾ thing. not as good as greenwood, but still...

it would be better for him and united if he played a bit less and the expectations were a bit higher.

there should zero tolerance for lack of effort. we have options.

Unread 03-12-2023, 12:14 AM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
rashford is a good player. despite the 9¾ thing. not as good as greenwood, but still...

it would be better for him and united if he played a bit less and the expectations were a bit higher.

there should zero tolerance for lack of effort. we have options.
That doesn't mean anything.

Unread 03-12-2023, 12:19 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
That doesn't mean anything.
you don't understand anything.

Unread 03-12-2023, 12:36 AM
lenin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust

https://www.twitter.com/RichardMUFC/...59639813333286
I’m surprised it’s taken you think long to give up on him. There have been multiple similar clips of him pulling the same stunt all season.

His last half decent game was in February. Giving him that contract on the back of a 6 week purple patch post World Cup was obscene.

Unread 03-12-2023, 12:45 AM
Wade

The eunuch speaks: In before 'you don't have to announce your posts'

Quote:
"Rashy is working hard for us. This issue's coming up [questions about Rashford's form] but Marcus is investing a lot. We support him and he will return to his form.

"I repeat myself: he works hard and he's investing a lot, he will get back, he will recover and he gets all our support."
Worse than Solskjaer. Bins Ronaldo while tolerating cheerleading an even lower effort level, worse attitude and worse performances from a player who's repeatedly quit on the team and won £#%&! all.

Unread 03-12-2023, 12:59 AM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
you don't understand anything.
And therein lies your belief/construct.

It's not your fault.

Unread 03-12-2023, 01:04 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
And therein lies your belief/construct.