Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 26-07-2019, 07:25 AM
Hands of Scone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
"oh no dr, leave some tumours there or it'll be empty !"

no, get rid of them all !

It’s better to have half a bucket of shit thrown in your face than a full bucket.

Unread 26-07-2019, 01:09 PM
utd99

You hate to think the rumours about Shakhtar laughing at what we paid are true.

They very well might be.

Unread 26-07-2019, 04:40 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegativeNorris
He's basically Djemba Djemba, but with a shit name.
Sunderland can have him.
He on brand he's Fred the £#%&!ing Red you complete green and gold

Unread 26-07-2019, 05:02 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
You hate to think the rumours about Shakhtar laughing at what we paid are true.

They very well might be.
yes because they invested the money so wisely

Unread 15-09-2019, 09:26 AM
AK14

He looked lively when he came on so hopefully he gets a start in Europa on Thursday.

I did think the sub was risky from Ole because Fred is clearly a more attacking player and was leaving holes of space infront of the back four where as Matic was covering a lot of the space.

Fred, The Scottish Player and Pogba are obviously our best midfielders but all are better further forward rather than sitting in front of the back four. Need to get the balance right because I think it’ll be key to us improving in attack and defence.

Unread 15-09-2019, 09:51 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
He looked lively when he came on so hopefully he gets a start in Europa on Thursday.

I did think the sub was risky from Ole because Fred is clearly a more attacking player and was leaving holes of space infront of the back four where as Matic was covering a lot of the space.

Fred, The Scottish Player and Pogba are obviously our best midfielders but all are better further forward rather than sitting in front of the back four. Need to get the balance right because I think it’ll be key to us improving in attack and defence.
Which says it all about our squad and lack of quality in that area.

Unread 15-09-2019, 10:29 AM
ryanMUFC

Has he even had a good run of games? Unless someone has physically scouted him from before he joined us, I can’t take their opinion of him seriously. He’s been hit and miss like most players that have limited game time.

Unread 15-09-2019, 11:13 AM
Clownbones

I'm struggling to dislike the lad.

I think there's a player in there somewhere.....deep down.....very very very deep down.

He's come into a horrific side and set up. Probably the worst kind for a young-ish lad with slight frame from Brazil, who has spent the last few years playing for Shakhtar.

I have no more issues with him playing than I do Pereira or Matic.

Unread 15-09-2019, 12:17 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones

I think there's a player in there somewhere.....deep down.....very very very deep down.

He's come into a horrific side and set up. Probably the worst kind for a young-ish lad with slight frame from Brazil, who has spent the last few years playing for Shakhtar.

Agree. Given the state of our midfield right now, he should be a starter. But not sat in front of the back four.

Unread 15-09-2019, 12:23 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones

All of this, it’s bizarre that’s he’s not been given a decent run during his time here considering what’s in front of him.

Unread 15-09-2019, 12:45 PM
guerreiro

Was he ever good at previous clubs, does he play for Brazil?

No idea even what type of player he is, other than reminding me of Kleberson.

Unread 15-09-2019, 04:32 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
All of this, it’s bizarre that’s he’s not been given a decent run during his time here considering what’s in front of him.
But one thing our present manager seems to have in common with his predecessor is a reluctance to play him. Why?

Unread 16-09-2019, 06:36 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
But one thing our present manager seems to have in common with his predecessor is a reluctance to play him. Why?
Because he isnt a young british player who "gets us"?

he is shockingly shit in training? But you can counteract this argument that if he was that bad the coach wouldnt let him near the subs bench.

Ole plays a 2 man midfield and The Scottish Player, matic, and pogba all have a bit more physical nature . He probably doesnt want the risk of having a smaller person next to pogba

Which begs the next question , why doesnt ole play him number 10? He cant be any worse than lingard and mata. From the little we have seen from him , atleast he plays with a higher tempo and looks to pass forward

Unread 16-09-2019, 06:55 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Because he isnt a young british player who "gets us"?

he is shockingly shit in training? But you can counteract this argument that if he was that bad the coach wouldnt let him near the subs bench.

Ole plays a 2 man midfield and The Scottish Player, matic, and pogba all have a bit more physical nature . He probably doesnt want the risk of having a smaller person next to pogba

Which begs the next question , why doesnt ole play him number 10? He cant be any worse than lingard and mata. From the little we have seen from him , atleast he plays with a higher tempo and looks to pass forward
The way I see it at the moment, the only traditional defensive midfielder we have in the team is Matic. And I personally think he hasn't got the legs anymore to be fully comfortable in that position alone. He can sit and break up play, but as soon as he has to cover ground then he's £#%&!ed, which means he isn't offering much protection for the back line on his own for the most part. And he doesn't offer anything special on the ball anymore either. If he plays deeper then we need someone else to play next to him as well to help out.

I think that's why The Scottish Player and Pogba have been the favoured partnership deeper in midfield at the moment. They can both carry out the deeper role better than Fred, and with much more mobility than Matic, although all three of Pogba, The Scottish Player and Fred would be better off playing higher up the pitch.

If we had invested in a good, solid defensive minded midfielder, we would be able to play a combination of Pogba, The Scottish Player or Fred along side them with license to push higher up the pitch, with Pogba being the most advanced out of all of them.

I don't mind Fred, but imo as soon as you rely on him to be the last line of protection before the back line then things are going to get messy.

Unread 16-09-2019, 08:29 AM
ryanMUFC

Truth is.. the likes of Fred got Ole the job.

Without the PSG away game, that form at the end of the season wasn’t getting him a contract.

Unread 16-09-2019, 09:26 AM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
This is the concern, yes.
Closed Thread