Thumbs up

Oh the memories

Unread 21-05-2012, 02:32 PM
elephantstone

Thumbs up

excellent

Unread 21-05-2012, 05:10 PM
Ashley's Grime

I think that Stoke 77 game's been on espn classic.

Unread 21-05-2012, 07:04 PM
bobbledinho

Making a documentary about the Milk Cup, was delighted to hear the local ITV broadcaster (UTV) still had footage listed in their archive of the 1991 United team (Butt, Scholes, Nevilles, et al). Turns out the tapes themselves have gone missing, some @#%&! has nabbed them from the archive and nobody has a £#%&!ing clue where they actually are.

Unread 21-05-2012, 07:05 PM
originalhogg

£#%&!in ell I remember that 85' home coming parade, was in altrincham when they got off the bus on Dunham Road, £#%&! i feel old as well as depressed, they should come back through altrincham go all the way up through sale stretford and finish off in Albert Sq in the future

Unread 21-05-2012, 07:07 PM
Wez

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalhogg
£#%&!in ell I remember that 85' home coming parade, was in altrincham when they got off the bus on Dunham Road, £#%&! i feel old as well as depressed, they should come back through altrincham go all the way up through sale stretford and finish off in Albert Sq in the future
^ This, a proper parade

Unread 21-05-2012, 08:57 PM
ZiggyStardust

It's often forgotten because of how his reign ended but we played some great football under Big Ron. Should have won a league title and european trophy under him.

Unread 21-05-2012, 09:05 PM
taff

martin tyler sounding like a right dork on that southampton one

Unread 21-05-2012, 09:11 PM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:
Why the £#%&! should United come celebrating anywhere near a county other than Greater Manchester FFS?

Unread 21-05-2012, 09:13 PM
originalhogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wez
^ This, a proper parade
I think 93 was the last one, now it's from town to stretford then motorway...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
It's often forgotten because of how his reign ended but we played some great football under Big Ron. Should have won a league title and european trophy under him.
Tell me about it, start of 85 was £#%&!in brilliant then went absolutely shit and finished £#%&!in fourth, some of those players like Moran, whiteside McGrath should of had more £#%&!in league medals than, robbo should of had 6 League titles alone

Unread 21-05-2012, 09:14 PM
originalhogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestown Rouge
Why the £#%&! should United come celebrating anywhere near a county other than Greater Manchester FFS?
Tradition innit...

Unread 21-05-2012, 09:29 PM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:
Tradition innit...
Like Morris Dancing? Start in Prestwich, straight down Bury New Road into town would do the job perfectly nicely - bit of a boost for the Strangeways lads and all.

Unread 21-05-2012, 09:43 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by taff
martin tyler sounding like a right dork on that southampton one
Bloody hell, didn't know he had been around that long

Unread 21-05-2012, 10:11 PM
bobcraven

85 outside the Town Hall was carnage , great days

Unread 21-05-2012, 10:13 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Tell me about it, start of 85 was £#%&!in brilliant then went absolutely shit and finished £#%&!in fourth, some of those players like Moran, whiteside McGrath should of had more £#%&!in league medals than, robbo should of had 6 League titles alone
Weak squad wasn't it. One or two injuries and they were £#%&!ed as there was no-one decent to come in.

Big Ron never finished outside the top four.

Unread 21-05-2012, 10:29 PM
red in cumbria

I think it was more than "one or two" injuries at times, though