United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 26-04-2012, 08:16 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Default Banned for the final

Come on guys, let's get real.

It's far too harsh imo for a yellow card. A likely once in a lifetime oppurtunity and some ref can just decide to take it away. Obviously for red cards it's fair game and that clown terry can't complain but one of the jackson 5 got booked last night and will miss the final because he body checked a centre half

badstuber misses the final because of a late tackle, no malice intended.

Roy keane's was the biggest joke. A mistimed tackle, no final. Ref gets to stick pencils up his arse all night while brandishing red cards at a mirror. What kind of a #@&%! becomes a ref

Unread 26-04-2012, 08:23 AM
believe

Gascoignes was worst than Keanes imo because Keanes spurred him on to win that game for us that nights, Gazza's effectively ended the World Cup.

Agree though £#%&!ing stupid rule.

Unread 26-04-2012, 08:25 AM
borsuk

don't think any of those cards were harsh. tough shit, them's the rules.

Unread 26-04-2012, 08:26 AM
buryboy

Totally agree... was speaking about this yesterday. The yellow cards should just be rescinded.... however as you point out, a red in the semi finals then tough shit (ala John Terry)

Unread 26-04-2012, 08:27 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
Yes well done, the whole point is the punishment is too harsh.

Unread 26-04-2012, 08:27 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Yes well done, the whole point is the punishment is too harsh.
i know. i don't agree.

Unread 26-04-2012, 08:30 AM
ReligiousRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by buryboy
Totally agree... was speaking about this yesterday. The yellow cards should just be rescinded.... however as you point out, a red in the semi finals then tough shit (ala John Terry)
This seems fair and best to me too.

Did anyone notice that the poor £#%&!er got booked for having a ball that was heading miles wide smashed against his arm that was going to ground to hold his body in a natural movement when trying to make a slide tackle ..THEN .. a few seconds later the real madrid forward rushed at the keeper to block his clearance, put his hand in the air and blatantly made contact with the ball and didn't even get a free kisck against him Lack of consistency in the space of two mins ffs.

Unread 26-04-2012, 08:31 AM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
This. Imagine it's 1-0 in the last minute and somebody Ole's you knowing they can play in the final as you are bearing down on goal.

Unread 26-04-2012, 08:31 AM
Charlestown Rouge

If you changed the rule there'd be loads of yellow cards handed out in the last 10 minutes of semis with players cheating knowing they'll still make the final.

Keep the rule but allow a panel to rescind unfair yellows like the one Nani got last night.

Unread 26-04-2012, 08:32 AM
Ginners

agreed, very harsh to miss a final because of a few yellows. if its a red then fair enough.

Unread 26-04-2012, 08:38 AM
ReligiousRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestown Rouge
If you changed the rule there'd be loads of yellow cards handed out in the last 10 minutes of semis with players cheating knowing they'll still make the final.

Good point tbh.

Unread 26-04-2012, 08:41 AM
dunk

It's shit, but I don't think there is anyway round it without encouraging cheating of some description.

The yellow cards could be reviewed by an independent panel and they could decide whether the offence was worthy of missing the final, or as with the case of Alaba last night, if it was ridiculously harsh either rescind it or suspend the suspension to the next season.

Unread 26-04-2012, 08:44 AM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
It's shit, but I don't think there is anyway round it without encouraging cheating of some description.

The yellow cards could be reviewed by an independent panel and they could decide whether the offence was worthy of missing the final, or as with the case of Alaba last night, if it was ridiculously harsh either rescind it or suspend the suspension to the next season.
Good idea that.

Unread 26-04-2012, 08:45 AM
irk

Footballers are such cheating @#%&!s they'd take advantage of any leniency. Don't they get a clean slate for the semis anyway?

Unread 26-04-2012, 08:49 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
Footballers are such cheating @#%&!s they'd take advantage of any leniency. Don't they get a clean slate for the semis anyway?
yes they get banned from the final for having ONE yellow card

Unread 26-04-2012, 08:57 AM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
2 games in a semi final bellers

Unread 26-04-2012, 09:00 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
2 games in a semi final bellers
yeah i know can we concentrate on reem please

edit: irk ffs haulocost here

Unread 26-04-2012, 09:00 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
I think it's 3 yellows for a ban now, but 3 yellows in 12-14 games means you miss the final, I think. Which is harsh.

Wait, is there an amnesty after the group stage, or have I imagined that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
Not for the semis, for the knockout phase they do I think. But still, that's 3 yellows in 6 games rules you out.

Unread 26-04-2012, 09:05 AM
Charlestown Rouge

This forum turns to shit when the subject of football comes up.

Unread 26-04-2012, 09:08 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestown Rouge
This forum turns to shit when the subject of football comes up.
I think all this forum does is confirm that there is a world of varied opinion without any right or wrong answer.
Closed Thread