United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Champtions of europe?
Barcelona 15 19.23%
Real Madrid 18 23.08%
Manchester United 21 26.92%
Chelsea 3 3.85%
Manchester City 4 5.13%
AC Milan 1 1.28%
Bayern Munich 14 17.95%
Inter 0 0%
Arsenal 1 1.28%
Other 1 1.28%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 02-10-2011, 09:50 PM
Sparky***

Default Re: Who do you think will win the champions league?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dueling Banjos
They were a Bendtner () toe-poke from going out. They have as much luck as anyone else so they aren't unbeatable.
You're right, they aren't.

We won't be the ones beating them though.

Unread 02-10-2011, 09:55 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
We didn't give the ball away whilst barcelona just stood there and gleefully accepted it back. They pressed us from the front to the back and our players weren't good enough to keep the ball under pressure, simple as that. They do it to everyone.

If anything the scoreline flattered us. We were getting the "ole's" off them in the champions league final in our own country.

We were totally outclassed from front to back and if we play them again this season, they'll outclass us again.
yes they do press from the front ...hardly anyone ever gets close enough to trouble their back 4........and its an important part of their success.......

but seriously...the gulf between the best team in the world and United, one of the best in the chasing pack, isnt as great as the hype would have everyone believe....trust me.

Unread 02-10-2011, 10:09 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I don't think we've ever shit ourselves against barcelona denis
We did in Rome - nqat. Once they scored, we collapsed like a souffle

Unread 02-10-2011, 10:48 PM
taff

real. think mourinho feels like he's got a point to prove after last year.

wouldn't rule chelsea out as dark horses for the final, villas-boas looks like he knows his way around in europe

Unread 02-10-2011, 10:50 PM
ScarFace

Liverpool

Unread 02-10-2011, 11:06 PM
dunk

As long as they aren't English, assuming it isn't us, I don't care.

Unread 03-10-2011, 07:35 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

united. feel if we can get to the final against barcelona we would have learnt so much from 09 and 11. Stick Three in midfield; Park, Anderson, Fletcher, and Berbs up front (that's where we went wrong last time) and I think we'll have too much on the break for them.

Unread 03-10-2011, 08:00 AM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
united. feel if we can get to the final against barcelona we would have learnt so much from 09 and 11. Stick Three in midfield; Park, Anderson, Fletcher, and Berbs up front (that's where we went wrong last time) and I think we'll have too much on the break for them.
I thought you were cutting down on the drugs ?

Unread 03-10-2011, 10:53 AM
red in cumbria

Somebody voted for Arsenal??

Unread 03-10-2011, 10:57 AM
forwardirektion

Fancy chelsea for it. Dunno why.

Unread 03-10-2011, 11:54 AM
armchair

Very difficult thing to retain. It'll be a.n.other. Personally, I think our A team could do it if they get enough games together in the run up.

Unread 03-10-2011, 12:07 PM
elhombre

slightly off topic, but do any of you remember waaaaaay back on RI (maybe the sanctuary), when we had a similar poll for the 2003/2004 Champions League? a guy on there, before a ball had even been kicked i.e. before the qualifiers etc. predicted Monaco (i think they were about 100-1 to win it outright) and put about £30 on it.... where the £#%&! he got that one from is beyond me.... i know they lost in the final, but it wasn't a bad shout in the end and could have made him a few quid if it had come in.

Unread 03-10-2011, 12:41 PM
rogieop

Think lyon could be dark horses this year...

Unread 03-10-2011, 12:42 PM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogieop
He's Back!

Unread 03-10-2011, 12:47 PM
rogieop

Unread 03-10-2011, 12:47 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogieop

and liverpool have turned the corner

Unread 03-10-2011, 12:50 PM
rogieop

How long is it since them £#%&!ers were in the champions league? Seems like a lifetime!

Unread 03-10-2011, 02:07 PM
jem

there's plenty could win it, including us if someone else knocks barca out. or fergie grows a pair (best count on real or bayern doing us a favour then).

Unread 25-04-2012, 12:12 PM
Baron

Interesting

Unread 25-04-2012, 12:16 PM
Sparky***

18 people off here need sectioning.
Closed Thread