United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 26-04-2012, 02:19 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
don't think any of those cards were harsh. tough shit, them's the rules.
It shouldn't be the rule though.
Yellow cards should be void in terms of having any impact on the Final.
A straight Red in the Semi & fair enough, but Roy Keane was the finest central midfield player of his generation & he never played in a European Cup Final because of 2 yellow cards amassed over a 4 match period or whatever it was.
Ridiculous rule.
Should have been scrapped years & years ago.

Unread 26-04-2012, 02:24 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
As someone pointed out, if they are on 2 yellow cards it reduces the temptation to 'take a yellow for the team' for one. I agree with you in principle anyway, I'm sure clubs would take advantage if they could though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
3 bookings in 6 games is rather a lot tbh.

You'd end up with nearly 20 in a PL season at that rate. Players might think about how they play a bit more, rather than changing the rules.
Again, evidently not. That nutter Gustavo committed about ten fouls before getting his yellow last night. Badstuber got booked for a very rash challenge on Pepe inside the Madrid half. I don't think the threat of a yellow has any effect on the players' performance, tbh. They don't seem able to tone it down. Yellow cards happen in games. It's supposed to be a device used to warn players against getting sent off. I don't see why it has to have any wider implications, especially as the result is we watch a final between two teams missing half a side through suspension. It hardly benefits the spectacle.

Unread 26-04-2012, 02:25 PM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
yes they get banned from the final for having ONE yellow card
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
yeah i know can we concentrate on reem please

edit: irk ffs haulocost here
what a dimp.

anything that results in branislav kickawingervic geting banned is ok by me. all my sympathy after his stelling has evaporated.

Unread 26-04-2012, 02:38 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Again, evidently not. That nutter Gustavo committed about ten fouls before getting his yellow last night. Badstuber got booked for a very rash challenge on Pepe inside the Madrid half. I don't think the threat of a yellow has any effect on the players' performance, tbh. They don't seem able to tone it down. Yellow cards happen in games. It's supposed to be a device used to warn players against getting sent off. I don't see why it has to have any wider implications, especially as the result is we watch a final between two teams missing half a side through suspension. It hardly benefits the spectacle.
I don't particularly wanna change the rules 'cos players are idiots tbh.

If they did change it, I wouldn't be devastated or anything.

Be funny if they did change it and a there were players in the Finalwho had 6 bookings in the knockout stages. Bet it'd happen too.

Unread 26-04-2012, 02:44 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Eat that dullards.

Looks like the sages are all on the same page.

Unread 26-04-2012, 04:53 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
A straight Red in the Semi & fair enough, but Roy Keane was the finest central midfield player of his generation & he never played in a European Cup Final because of 2 yellow cards amassed over a 4 match period or whatever it was.
He blamed Jesper Blomqvist for giving him a 'hospital pass'

Poor Jesper

Unread 26-04-2012, 05:43 PM
Grimson

Gotta love debating a rule without actually knowing the rule.

ps - for the record, I don't like the rule. The point of a yellow card is to warn a player that IN THAT GAME he has committed an offense that will get him sent off should he repeat it, or do anything else of comparable severity. If he doesn't, and gets through the rest of the game, the booking has been nothing more than a symbolic warning. UEFA have taken it upon themselves to decide that the accumulation of warnings against suspension should actually constitute a suspension.

Unread 26-04-2012, 06:06 PM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Gotta love debating a rule without actually knowing the rule.

ps - for the record, I don't like the rule. The point of a yellow card is to warn a player that IN THAT GAME he has committed an offense that will get him sent off should he repeat it, or do anything else of comparable severity. If he doesn't, and gets through the rest of the game, the booking has been nothing more than a symbolic warning. UEFA have taken it upon themselves to decide that the accumulation of warnings against suspension should actually constitute a suspension.
I don't know how you do it in the states, but the argument from ignorance is the cornerstone of british society grimmers - have some respect.

I find the arguments grimmers and s/side/ers' put forward quite persuasive. although, it is standard across all competitions that a certain amount of yellow cards equals a suspension and punishing persistent dirty @#%&!s is quite attractive as an idea. a point I'd like to make is that there are just far too many yellow cards given out these days. perhaps it wouldn't be so much of a problem if they were reserved for the offences that truly deserve them.
Closed Thread