Real Madrid 29 65.91%
Bayern Munich 15 34.09%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 26-04-2012, 02:47 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
I couldn't watch it, ended up sitting in my seat with head in hands. :shakehead:
I didn't see Hargreaves, Carrick, Nani, Lampard or Cole's penalties, I'd £#%&!ed off into the back room kicking things because Ronnie had missed I only returned in time to see JT slip. Didn't even celebrate, I couldn't comprehend what I had seen.

naes_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
That moscow shootout was the lowest and highest moment of my time as a united fan. When Terry was walking up to take that pen i felt physically sick and so depressed i could barely watch. Imagine ending the season on such a cruel, crushing low after winning the league, it would have been 10x worse than Rome or Wembley.

Even when he missed i didn't celebrate i just stood there, unable to take it in.

When Edwin saved i honestly have never felt as high as that before or since. Even in 1999. I don't know why. Maybe it was the adrenaline and torture of penalties and the release of tension and joy.
I was at my house with a bunch of mates watching the match. When Terry walked up to take that penalty, I had my finger on the power button on the remote. If it went in, I was ready to turn the tv off as I couldn't stomach them winning it. When he missed, I went £#%&!ing mad jumping up and down.

Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
That moscow shootout was the lowest and highest moment of my time as a united fan. When Terry was walking up to take that pen i felt physically sick and so depressed i could barely watch. .
I was out the door. Big sulk in progress.

Watched it at my parents with family. All reds. Paddy reds, best kind of reds.

Mum called me back in, said be a man, was on the way back to my place to get smashed beyond repair.

In I walk, slip. Dzaaaaaaaaaaaam.

Then we won and I grabbed my mum and did long term damage to her shoulder as I shook her around. True story.

Unread 26-04-2012, 02:50 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I didn't see Hargreaves, Carrick, Nani, Lampard or Cole's penalties, I'd £#%&!ed off into the back room kicking things because Ronnie had missed I only returned in time to see JT slip. Didn't even celebrate, I couldn't comprehend what I had seen.
I can remember Hargreaves penalty, I was like

I'd do it all again Got to meet Sir Bobby, Robbo and Stoichkov before the game.

Unread 26-04-2012, 02:52 PM
MJ Ramone

Thumbs up

Quote:
That moscow shootout was the lowest and highest moment of my time as a united fan. When Terry was walking up to take that pen i felt physically sick and so depressed i could barely watch. Imagine ending the season on such a cruel, crushing low after winning the league, it would have been 10x worse than Rome or Wembley.

Even when he missed i didn't celebrate i just stood there, unable to take it in.

When Edwin saved i honestly have never felt as high as that before or since. Even in 1999. I don't know why. Maybe it was the adrenaline and torture of penalties and the release of tension and joy.

Exactly the same.
I didn't even react to Terry's miss...maybe a nervous clench of the fist or something.

We've spoke on here before about how long that night lasted...it was mental & physical torture.
The relief & ecstasy when Edwin saved from Anelka was something I'll never forget.
Even late goals you have to KO again...you have to get through another 30seconds at least of Football, but that was that..that epic night when we thought it was won, then lost...£#%&!ing unreal.

I'm SO £#%&!ing pissed off that we treated the Champions League with such half-arsed disdain this Season

Unread 26-04-2012, 03:50 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
his game wasn't really technical, was it? more change of pace and balance so if that's gone then he won't be half the player.
True but my question is, why has it gone? 30 is no age at all for a modern player, and it's been gone a good two years, if not more. Can only think it's a motivation thing.

Unread 26-04-2012, 03:51 PM
signed dc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
True but my question is, why has it gone? 30 is no age at all for a modern player, and it's been gone a good two years, if not more. Can only think it's a motivation thing.
He's never been the same player since he "bottled" his move to city. motwyw.

Unread 26-04-2012, 03:55 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
He has had a few injuries.

Unread 26-04-2012, 04:00 PM
thenorthwillriseagain

watched it in the black lion in the city centre part of salford

some bloke next to me head in hands, i told him to watch
terry slips

some daft @#%&! started playing a drum tune with a plastic bottle and a stool
Closed Thread