United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-06-2019, 09:23 AM
bazrah99

Look on the bright side, once Madrid and Barca are done early with their business we lose competition to bid for other 'young stars'

Unread 13-06-2019, 10:53 AM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
The big two, let's face it.

As long as they offer the right wages they're the 1st and 2nd choice of any player worth his salt.
Not sure why it’s like that.

The Premier League is far and away the best league in the world, with the highest level of competition, most exposure, and also paying the most money.

No idea why we can’t compete, or even blow the likes of Barca and Madrid out of the water. I think it’s more to do with those clubs being far more efficient at getting deals done, rather than being massively more appealing to players. Spain is a dog shit league.

Unread 13-06-2019, 11:02 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

The Premier League is far and away the best league in the world, with the highest level of competition, most exposure, and also paying the most money.

No idea why we can’t compete, or even blow the likes of Barca and Madrid out of the water. I think it’s more to do with those clubs being far more efficient at getting deals done, rather than being massively more appealing to players. Spain is a dog shit league.
Since 2013:

Real Madrid: 1 La Liga (actually thought it was more than that ), 1 Copa Del Rey, 4 Champions Leagues, Champions League football next season

Barcelona: 4 La Liga's, 4 Copa Del Rey, 1 Champions Leagues, Champions League football next season

Man United: 1 F.A Cup, 1 League Cup, 1 Europa League, 1 Useless Executive Vice Chairman, Europa League next season

If those three teams all offered the same contract and you weren't a fan of any of them, where would you go?

Unread 13-06-2019, 11:21 AM
messhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

I agree that the Premier League has the highest level of competition among the top 6/7 teams (sort of, City and Liverpool were miles ahead of everyone else this season), but it hasn't been uncommon for a 2nd tier Spanish team to beat an English team in the Champions/Europa League in recent years. It's only been the last couple of years that English teams have started doing well in the CL again tbh.

Unread 13-06-2019, 12:18 PM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

I think a lot of foreign players, given the choice, would rather live in Madrid or Barcelona than Manchester or Liverpool. The only reason Chelsea and Arsenal got some of their players is that they'd rather live in London than elsewhere. Not that it should make a difference when you're on the wages these @#%&!s are, not exactly gonna be slumming it are they?

Unread 13-06-2019, 05:39 PM
sa7

As good as Griezmann is, he’s never a player who I’ve wanted on account of the fact he’s clearly a soft arsed little #@&%!.

Bloody Hell, if he played for us I’d want to kneecap him. He’d make Lingard look grown up.

Unread 13-06-2019, 05:49 PM
waynes ear's

Not being funny but Simeone wouldnt stand for a “soft arsed #@&%!” for long
Closed Thread