United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-08-2021, 09:54 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
You going to try and claim you were being funny?

In defence of the club, he was brilliant last season and all players go on international break, they couldn’t possibly have known this quarantine thing was going to occur. Martial is a pretty decent 3rd choice striker.

How many no.9’s should there be on the books? 6?
Martial scored 4 goals last season, cavani is 35 . It doesn’t matter about cavani going to international break.

If cavani was banned or injured long term we end up in the same situation due to our own incompetence. All hopes on a 19 year old .

Martial is never a number 9. He is shite.

We have 4 “CF”

Cavani
Rashford
Greenwood
Martial

Three of those players play better on the wing. Come on, if you can’t see how the club is so unarsed about wanting to win, and how something like the quarantine putting us in a position we could have avoided then I don’t know for you.

Couldn’t possibly know?! So not a single person at the club thought at the start of the season or maybe earlier to ask or find out the quarantine rules for footballers going to red list countries?! These rules haven’t just come in for the first time a week ago

Unread 27-08-2021, 09:57 AM
dunk

So how many is an acceptable, safe, number? 10? And all must be better than Martial, our top scorer the season before last?

Ffs

I’d point the finger of blame at the way we are run for most things, but they’ve given a years contract to a bloke and the travel rules have changed, and the bloke they are paying’s priority is not them. Naive, nqat, but hardly the clubs fault on this occasion.

Unread 27-08-2021, 09:59 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Martial scored 4 goals last season, cavani is 35 . It doesn’t matter about cavani going to international break.

If cavani was banned or injured long term we end up in the same situation due to our own incompetence. All hopes on a 19 year old .

Martial is never a number 9. He is shite.

We have 4 “CF”

Cavani
Rashford
Greenwood
Martial

Three of those players play better on the wing. Come on, if you can’t see how the club is so unarsed about wanting to win, and how something like the quarantine putting us in a position we could have avoided then I don’t know for you.
Spot on

Dunk’s just being a contrary tit again.

For some reason he loves all the doom that surrounds United and turns into a turbo posting #@&%! when we get negative press. Maybe it’s got something to do with October being less than 6 weeks away.

As for Cavani, we shouldn’t be going into the season with one striker. Club should have known the situation with him.

Unread 27-08-2021, 10:01 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
So how many is an acceptable, safe, number? 10? And all must be better than Martial, our top scorer the season before last?

Ffs

I’d point the finger of blame at the way we are run for most things, but they’ve given a years contract to a bloke and the travel rules have changed, and the bloke they are paying’s priority is not them. Naive, nqat, but hardly the clubs fault on this occasion.
At best we have 2 CF in cavani and Greenwood, both martial and rashford can play there but are hardly any good. It’s not their natural position nor would anyone envisage them taking the position up long term.

That’s hard 10 CF. I’ve said before martial and rashford play much better on the LW so when they are fully fit and the best team needs to be selected they would play there. Which basically shows we don’t regard them as CF but can play them in CF as we don’t have anybody else.

I’m trying to point out how the club is short term, how decisions are so poor. Like i said they £#%&!ed up a bit with the rashford surgery , if they got that earlier this wouldn’t be as bad. But because of the incompetence his surgery was delayed and as usual something has cropped up .

Rather than having rashford ready for the season he isn’t and now we find ourselves in a position to rely on Greenwood for the next couple of months

Unread 27-08-2021, 10:01 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Spot on

For some reason he loves all the doom that surrounds United and turns into a turbo posting #@&%! when we get negative press. Maybe it’s got something to do with October being a less than 6 weeks away.
See, thick as £#%&!.

Quote:
At best we have 2 CF in cavani and Greenwood, both martial and rashford can play there but are hardly any good. It’s not their natural position nor would anyone envisage them taking the position up long term.

That’s hard 10 CF. I’ve said before martial and rashford play much better on the LW so when they are fully fit and the best team needs to be selected they would play there. Which basically shows we don’t regard them as CF but can play them in CF as we don’t have anybody else.

I’m trying to point out how the club is short term, how decisions are so poor. Like i said they £#%&!ed up a bit with the rashford surgery , if they got that earlier this wouldn’t be as bad. But because of the incompetence his surgery was delayed and as usual something has cropped up .

Rather than having rashford ready for the season he isn’t and now we find ourselves in a position to rely on Greenwood for the next couple of months
Again, the Rashford surgery was dictated by the surgeon being on holiday. Southgate is the villain there, for taking him to the Euro’s.

Personally I’d have £#%&!ed Cavani off last season, but pretty obvious the budget isn’t there.

Unread 27-08-2021, 10:04 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Spot on

For some reason he loves all the doom that surrounds United and turns into a turbo posting b*****d when we get negative press. Maybe it’s got something to do with October being a less than 6 weeks away.
It’s blatantly obvious we shot ourselves in the foot by one , not getting all our injured players up and ready before the start of the season and two not signing a CF

Cavani came in last min because we £#%&!ed up signing a CF last season.

We needed one before he arrived and we need one now. Might not be as important as CM but we still need one. Two windows in a row where the position has been neglected for and future planning, and I’m talking about proper CF like the mould of cavani.

Rashford and martial are wingers. Greenwood needs time to develop . Any team seriously wanting to win the league cannot go into a season like this. One striker wants to miss 6 games Cus he wants to play for his country another injured , the third doesn’t give a shit

Unread 27-08-2021, 10:05 AM
dunk

Quote:
It’s blatantly obvious we shot ourselves in the foot by one , not getting all our injured players up and ready before the start of the season and two not signing a CF

We needed one before he arrived and we need one now. Might not be as important as CM but we still need one. Two windows in a row where the position has been neglected for and future planning, and I’m talking about proper CF like the mould of cavani.

Rashford and martial are wingers. Greenwood needs time to develop . Any team seriously wanting to win the league cannot go into a season like this. One striker wants to miss 6 games Cus he wants to play for his country another injured , the third doesn’t give a shit
Name some CF’s that could be purchased and are better than Cavani, when he’s here..

Unread 27-08-2021, 10:06 AM
AK14

Quote:

It’s obvious to anyone that hasn’t got a head shaped like a pumpkin pal.

Unread 27-08-2021, 10:07 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
See, thick as f***.

Again, the Rashford surgery was dictated by the surgeon being on holiday. Southgate is the villain there, for taking him to the Euro’s.

Personally I’d have f***ed Cavani off last season, but pretty obvious the budget isn’t there.
Southgate barely used him ( infact I think he only came on for the penalties) you would think there would have been some dialogue. Sorted it out to get the surgery before the euros.

I would bet it’s more the club being stupid, they played The Scottish Player for a couple of games before going ah ok he needs surgery?! Again what are they playing at.

Even if there wasn’t he could have had his surgery and then gone on holiday,

EVEN then , let’s say the above was unavoidable, the club could have gone “ ok we barely have a CF let’s loan a player or sign the CF we should have last season”

Unread 27-08-2021, 10:08 AM
dunk

Quote:
Southgate barely used him ( infact I think he only came on for the penalties) you would think there would have been some dialogue. Sorted it out to get the surgery before the euros.

I would bet it’s more the club being stupid, they played The Scottish Player for a couple of games before going ah ok he needs surgery?! Again what are they playing at.

Even if there wasn’t he could have had his surgery and then gone on holiday,

EVEN then , let’s say the above was unavoidable, the club could have gone “ ok we barely have a CF let’s loan a player or sign the CF we should have last season”
Agreed. Which CF should we have bought pal? Lukaku? Abraham? Dzeko? The list is endless..

Unread 27-08-2021, 10:12 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Agreed. Which CF should we have bought pal? Lukaku? Abraham? Dzeko? The list is endless..
That’s for the club to decide. They have the scouts, they have the recruitment team. Apologies for not having an answer . That’s what John murtough was brought in to do.

I’m sure there are players out there who can improve our team. It doesn’t take much. It’s hardly far fetched to think we can sign a player that improves our CF

Unread 27-08-2021, 10:15 AM
dunk

Quote:
That’s for the club to decide. They have the scouts, they have the recruitment team. Apologies for not having an answer . That’s what John murtough was brought in to do.
The answer being that the only one out there they feel worth the time and effort and money is Haaland. They tried to get him in Jan ‘20, couldn’t get him in summer ‘20 and signed Cavani and realised they can’t get him until summer ‘22 so extended Cavani. All of which is fine providing they eventually get him. In the mean time we have at least 4 players that can play through the middle, which is plenty, providing the senior of the 4 doesn’t decide to up and £#%&! off to South America to play internationals for a couple of months.

The problem comes when Haaland joins Madrid next summer. Who else is on the list.

Similar issue with midfield; they want Camavinga and Rice and are willing to go with what we have if we can’t get them or have to wait a year in Rice’s case.

Unread 27-08-2021, 10:18 AM
Dr Stranger

Why the £#%&! hasn’t he retired from international football anyway?

You’d think with only having one more year here, he might be prioritising that over flying around the globe to make sure Uruguay have enough firepower to win their qualifier against FC Evita Peron.

Unread 27-08-2021, 10:19 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
The answer being that the only one out there worth the time and effort is Haaland. They tried to get him in Jan ‘20, couldn’t get him in summer ‘20 and signed Cavani and realised they can’t get him until summer ‘22 so extended Cavani. All of which is fine providing they eventually get him. In the mean time we have at least 4 players that can play through the middle, which is plenty, providing the senior of the 4 doesn’t decide to up and f*** off to South America to play internationals for a couple of months.
Martial as CF will not win you the league. We have THREE real strikers and two of them play better on the wing. It doesn’t have to be haaland . Like I said, I’m sure there are players out there that can improve our team. Calvert lewin, jiminez, immobile, icardi now that PSG have signed players.

Again that’s off the top of my head , the Martinez lad at inter. I don’t know, I’m not recruitment , the club pays millions each year for scouts , surely they have some players on the shortlist that can improve.

Or is it “ ah we will get haaland and wait two years for it, in the mean time ole, pray and hope you make too 4”

£#%&! me the club depresses me, even if we get haaland by that time we will be needing a CM another Cb and probably RB and a GK.

One step forward two steps back with this club.

Unread 27-08-2021, 10:20 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Why the £#%&! hasn’t he retired from international football anyway?

You’d think with only having one more year here, he might be prioritising that over flying around the globe to make sure Uruguay have enough firepower to win their qualifier against FC Evita Peron.
No pal, that’s unreasonable. What we should’ve done is buy 3 more CF’s to cover Cav’s international breaks and wfh.

Unread 27-08-2021, 10:21 AM
Coracao

Quote:
See, thick as £#%&!.

Personally I’d have £#%&!ed Cavani off last season, but pretty obvious the budget isn’t there.
I'm amazed people let that surgeon excuse pass. It is incredible.

Unread 27-08-2021, 10:22 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
No pal, that’s unreasonable. What we should’ve done is buy 3 more CF’s to cover Cav’s international breaks and wfh.
I haven’t read the whole discussion, but haven’t you been championing the signing of a striker for a while?

Unread 27-08-2021, 10:22 AM
AK14

Quote:
I haven’t read the whole discussion, but haven’t you been championing the signing of a striker for a while?

Unread 27-08-2021, 10:23 AM
dunk

Quote:
Martial as CF will not win you the league. We have THREE real strikers and two of them play better on the wing. It doesn’t have to be haaland . Like I said, I’m sure there are players out there that can improve our team. Calvert lewin, jiminez, immobile, icardi now that PSG have signed players.

Again that’s off the top of my head , the Martinez lad at inter. I don’t know, I’m not recruitment , the club pays millions each year for scouts , surely they have some players on the shortlist that can improve.

Or is it “ ah we will get haaland and wait two years for it, in the mean time ole, pray and hope you make too 4”

£#%&! me the club depresses me, even if we get haaland by that time we will be needing a CM another Cb and probably RB and a GK.

One step forward two steps back with this club.
That’s definitely the case. Been saying for years we need to be more aggressive with player turnover, but they won’t. If they bought Jiminez, for instance, he’s 30, he’d still be here at 35 and we wouldn’t have bought a replacement because he’s still here and nobody would buy him because of his wages. This is why it’s a first choice or no-one policy, or seems to be. Every player signed is expected to be here the length of their contract and beyond, so they don’t want to fill the squad with ‘do-a-jobs’, as they’re still paying the last lot.

Quote:
Yeah, but instead of Cavani or Martial, not as well as. Another winger instead of James and Mata too.

The squad is full. Has everyone missed that?

Unread 27-08-2021, 10:26 AM
Patty_b

If Cavani was always fit and if there was no internationals then we could just about make do this season. But he's not been able to feature in the first two games, he's not fit enough to play week in week out and now he's going to be missing games because of international football.

Him not being fit enough to play week in and week out is enough for us to need another striker, the rest is just the shit covered cherry on top.
Closed Thread