United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-04-2023, 10:23 AM
armchair

Default Team v Brentford

ooof

Rashford through the middle. Fred and Sabitzer behind Bruno.

De Gea

Wan-Bissaka Varane Martinez Shaw

Fred Sabitzer

Fernandes

Antony Rashford Sancho

Unread 03-04-2023, 10:26 AM
NedKelly

I’d have the same line up but with Sancho sitting deeper alongside Bruno/giving more support to the midfield.

Unread 03-04-2023, 10:34 AM
believe

I think he’s got to be brave and try something to ensure we don’t lose. Most XI’s you pick out of what’s available looks a bit ropey though so who knows. I might even go down the Jez route and put Lindelof as a Thursday CB/sweeper and lose an attacking option but is there any way he’d drop Bruno for example?

De Gea
Dalot - varane- Martinez - Shaw
Lindelof
Fred ——Sabitzer
Antony——————Rashford
Martial

I just think we need to overload the middle of the park in anyway we can otherwise Brentford will fancy it.

Unread 03-04-2023, 10:45 AM
atticusgrinch

We've been properly shafted with 2 bullshit red cards for Casemiro and unpunished injuries on Garnacho and Eriksen.

De Gea

Dalot Varane Martinez Malacia

Sabitzer Fred

Antony Bruno Rashford

Martial

Unread 03-04-2023, 10:46 AM
jem

eriksen might be available. would be a good game to play him, because brentford won't kick the shit out of him.

Unread 03-04-2023, 10:47 AM
armchair

Would be great to give Bruno a rest or play him in position rather than making him do a job he's unsuited to.

goldfinger II

Would be loathe to break up his partnership with Varane, but I think playing Martinez in midfield is our best option.

In the absence of Casemiro, I don't see anyone else who can provide the steel, nous, composure, and passing ability at the base of the midfield - all badly needed. We cannot go into these games with a vacuum where the midfield should be, and we don't need to.

De Gea

AWB - Varane - Shaw - Malacia

Fred - Martinez

Pellistri - Fernandes - Sancho

Rashford

atticusgrinch

Get Eriksen in instead of Fred then.

Unread 03-04-2023, 10:48 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

De Gea

Fred Sabitzer

Fernandes

Antony Martial Rashford

Unread 03-04-2023, 10:50 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
De Gea

Fred Sabitzer

Fernandes

Antony Martial Rashford
this all day long

Unread 03-04-2023, 11:10 AM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldfinger II
Would be loathe to break up his partnership with Varane, but I think playing Martinez in midfield is our best option.

In the absence of Casemiro, I don't see anyone else who can provide the steel, nous, composure, and passing ability at the base of the midfield - all badly needed. We cannot go into these games with a vacuum where the midfield should be, and we don't need to.

De Gea

Fred - Martinez

Rashford
He's not going to start playing Martinez in midfield

Unread 03-04-2023, 11:30 AM
goldfinger II

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
He's not going to start playing Martinez in midfield
it would only be for a couple of games - not something long term. I don't think we can't make a functional midfield out of the other options available.

Unread 03-04-2023, 11:40 AM
Dr Stranger

I think he’ll start Martial. If he’s fit, might as well make the most of it before he has another 8 weeks off.

Fred back too, please for that Scottish ninnie. I’d be tempted to drop that fat rent-a-quote at left back too.

DDG

DALOT
VARANE
MARTINEZ
MALACIA

FRED
SABITZER
BRUNO

RASHFORD
MARTIAL
ANTONY

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldfinger II

De Gea

Fred - Martinez

Rashford
We’re never going to see Martinez at Centre mid.

Unread 03-04-2023, 12:17 PM
AK14

Dave

Wan
Varane
Martinez
Malacia

Fred
Sab
Bruno

Ant
Mctommers
Rashers

Unread 03-04-2023, 12:35 PM
puressence

id imagine martial will be injured after his 25 minutes yesterday

Unread 03-04-2023, 12:48 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
I’d be tempted to drop that fat rent-a-quote at left back too.
that's because you're an idiot. he's by far the best left back we have (apparently, also the best back-up cb we have) and, far from being a rent-a-quote, he gets sent out to speak when it should really be fernandes. not that it matters who gets sent out, because we hear the same shit about knowing it's not good enough whoever it is (he could have done the interview in a maguire mask).

Unread 03-04-2023, 12:51 PM
dunk

We’ve got to chuck Martial in tbh. We need him up to speed asap, if that even exists anymore.

Unread 03-04-2023, 01:38 PM
sweetleftfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
I’d have the same line up but with Sancho sitting deeper alongside Bruno/giving more support to the midfield.
I'd put Sancho sitting in the deep of the Irwell. Bin.

Unread 03-04-2023, 01:57 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
that's because you're an idiot. he's by far the best left back we have (apparently, also the best back-up cb we have) and, far from being a rent-a-quote, he gets sent out to speak when it should really be fernandes. not that it matters who gets sent out, because we hear the same shit about knowing it's not good enough whoever it is (he could have done the interview in a maguire mask).

Unread 03-04-2023, 02:11 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Closed Thread