United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 26-05-2023, 10:20 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro
He’s getting better and better. Defending is sound and his runs into forward positions are very good. Just the end product needs to improve, but that’s also on the strikers finding space in the box.
So much this. Not much he can do if there’s nobody in the area.

Going back years from Valencia to Antony, they get criticism for not finding a man in a progressive position and then get criticism for passing sideway because there’s no £#%&!er there.Even Rashford suffers from it when he tries to force his way through when it’s not really on - same reason

Unread 26-05-2023, 10:35 AM
dinger

Two best chances Chelsea had (Havertz header and Mudryk) was because he did his now regular wandering towards the centre circle leaving his area of the pitch emptier than his skull, it happens every single game.

He's lucky that we're so short in other areas because no top team would want that £#%&!wit in their side

Unread 26-05-2023, 10:55 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinger
Two best chances Chelsea had (Havertz header and Mudryk) was because he did his now regular wandering towards the centre circle leaving his area of the pitch emptier than his skull, it happens every single game.

He's lucky that we're so short in other areas because no top team would want that £#%&!wit in their side
Pretty sure he’s told to do that to increase bodies in the middle, the risk being occasionally he’s caught infield.

Unread 26-05-2023, 11:03 AM
Neo

Football

Ole saged it from day one.

A double whammy for Grinchers, tbf. Poor lad.

Quote:
"Aaron is one of the best upcoming defenders in the Premier League," United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer said in a statement.

"He has the right work ethic, talent and mentality to play for Manchester United and he fits exactly the type of player that we are looking to bring into the squad to help us improve and push on further.

"Aaron is a young, hungry player and eager to learn and that's important at his age. I am delighted he has signed with us and we look forward to continuing his tremendous development so far."

Unread 26-05-2023, 11:09 AM
Ethers

Ole’s signings are looking better and better as time passes tbh.

Bruno, Varane, AWB, Diallo, Pellestri, James. Some great business there imo.

Unread 26-05-2023, 11:13 AM
Neo

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Ole’s signings are looking better and better as time passes tbh.

Bruno, Varane, AWB, Diallo, Pellestri, James. Some great business there imo.
Yep.

Also put the brakes on the Rashford to PSG rumours, and got Shaw back on track after Mourinho publicly attempted to destroy him.

Did everything in his power to get Haaland to the club, too. Love Ole.

Unread 26-05-2023, 11:19 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Yep.

Also put the brakes on the Rashford to PSG rumours, and got Shaw back on track after Mourinho publicly attempted to destroy him.

Did everything in his power to get Haaland to the club, too. Love Ole.
Agreed.

Been incredibly dignified since as well. Would have been entitled to throw some snide in public after things went from bad to worse under that fraud Ralf, but never said a word. Just a guy that really loves the clob.

Unread 26-05-2023, 11:30 AM
silv

Quote:
Agreed.

Been incredibly dignified since as well. Would have been entitled to throw some snide in public after things went from bad to worse under that fraud Ralf, but never said a word. Just a guy that really loves the clob.
Think I mentioned it elsewhere but there was definitely a role for him at the club. Just not cut throat enough to be manager.

Unread 26-05-2023, 11:36 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
Think I mentioned it elsewhere but there was definitely a role for him at the club. Just not cut throat enough to be manager.
Entertainment secretary?

Unread 06-07-2023, 10:38 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

Few players listed here supposedly on big Taggers list but still not a peep about AWB...

https://www.theguardian.com/football...ed-harder-sell

Hope you've got your cash ready Atticus

Unread 06-07-2023, 01:30 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
Few players listed here supposedly on big Taggers list but still not a peep about AWB...

https://www.theguardian.com/football...ed-harder-sell

Hope you've got your cash ready Atticus
I bet you wish you'd agreed to my terms now. You might have been quids in.

Unread 06-07-2023, 02:21 PM
the heathen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie £#%&!ing Jackson
The 21-year-old Anthony Elanga is also for sale and has terms until 2026 so he too could draw about £30m.

Jamie Jackson thinks United have a chance of getting £30m for Elanga.

He really is quite the £#%&!wit.

Unread 06-07-2023, 02:31 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by the heathen
Jamie Jackson thinks United have a chance of getting £30m for Elanga.

He really is quite the £#%&!wit.
Caught a podcast with some senior Guardian writers and they talked about how the paper has changed it's hiring practices to include more people from poorer backgrounds/non-private schools and other diversity groups. Assume JJ is in on the basis he can't actually write or research.

Ten years in the gig and I can't recall a single exclusive nor proper interview, a SCART lead is more valuable than what he has developed with the club in that time.

Unread 06-07-2023, 02:39 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Caught a podcast with some senior Guardian writers and they talked about how the paper has changed it's hiring practices to include more people from poorer backgrounds/non-private schools and other diversity groups. Assume JJ is in on the basis he can't actually write or research.

Ten years in the gig and I can't recall a single exclusive nor proper interview, a SCART lead is more valuable than what he has developed with the club in that time.
I've said before that i met him at a squat party near old trafford a few years ago.

That was before he started attending press conferences dressed as a beat poet.

Unread 06-07-2023, 02:45 PM
Ethers

His latest blog post is fantastic. Basically a load of rejection letters for his latest novel.

“ Also, to be able to pen fiction to the quality that has a top agent to sign you on and have your novels sent out is an achievement that has taken 25 years so this provides a warm glow in the colder moments.

XXX

P. S. At the last count I have 6 more novels to send out - and I am yet to hear from the rest of the publishers re Lifetimes of Fame, so…”

6 more novels to send out sounds like a veiled threat tbh.

https://jamiejackson.substack.com/p/..._campaign=post

Unread 06-07-2023, 02:45 PM
BigJim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd

Does anyone in media hire on the basis of ability anymore?

Unread 06-07-2023, 02:49 PM
silv

Quote:
His latest blog post is fantastic. Basically a load of rejection letters for his latest novel.

“ Also, to be able to pen fiction to the quality that has a top agent to sign you on and have your novels sent out is an achievement that has taken 25 years so this provides a warm glow in the colder moments.

XXX

P. S. At the last count I have 6 more novels to send out - and I am yet to hear from the rest of the publishers re Lifetimes of Fame, so…”

Did British London publish this?

Unread 06-07-2023, 02:54 PM
NedKelly

Quote:

XXX

The synopsis for the novel -

Quote:
Lifetimes of Fame is the story of Flamingo Torres P. I. who is out to avenge the shooting in the head of his friend, Donny ‘Four Names’ Ferrelli, outside the former Beverly Hills home of deceased screen starlet Lana Turner.

Set in Venice Beach, Santa Monica, Malibu and Hollywood, throw in City of Angel’s No 2 crime boss, Delphie Leonardo, crooked LA chief of detectives, Lansky McEwan, and Chaney ‘Strawberry Sugar’ LeVal, who has a silver screen fixation, how can this possible not FLY???!!!
Flamingo Torres Donny ‘Four Names’ Ferrelli Chaney ‘Strawberry Sugar’ LeVal

It’s like he watched Goodfellas and a few of the old 50s crime films and thought “I can do this”.

I also like to think his use of ‘possible’ isn’t a typo and he actually says it like that. “Can you possible get me a coffee when you’re out please?”

Unread 06-07-2023, 03:16 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly

It’s like he watched Goodfellas and a few of the old 50s crime films and thought “I can do this”.

I also like to think his use of ‘possible’ isn’t a typo and he actually says it like that. “Can you possible get me a coffee when you’re out please?”
Delphie Leonardo, cracking fella to be fair.

Unread 06-07-2023, 03:22 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly

Them names

They say everyone has a novel in them. Not this guy.
Closed Thread