United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-04-2023, 06:03 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Default Wan-Bissaka 2.0

Unbelievably he’s become one of my favourite players .

Solid 7/7.5 out of 10 every week. Let him try some free kicks and we could have a new Denis Irwin.

Incredible turnaround from the lad. Would have taken £5m to see the back of him last season.

Shits all over Alexander Arnold.

Unread 16-04-2023, 06:09 PM
Ethers

The most ridiculous turnaround for a player I can ever remember seeing.

He genuinely looked like he’d been playing football for a couple of months at most last season.

Unread 16-04-2023, 06:09 PM
AK14

Yup, same.

I gave him so much shit and never though my he could become the player he is under Tenners

He’s actually pretty good on the ball these days

Unread 16-04-2023, 06:11 PM
My Name is Heath

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Yup, same.

I gave him so much shit and never though my he could become the player he is under Tenners

He’s actually pretty good on the ball these days
This.

Is it coaching? Is it just something clicking?

Either way, it's bloody great to see.

Unread 16-04-2023, 06:15 PM
Hyman_Roth

Insane turnaround. Assumed he was 100% done. Incredible now.

Unread 16-04-2023, 06:16 PM
dunk

Unread 16-04-2023, 06:17 PM
NedKelly

He’s great. Thought he was top (but raw) when he first came here and said he’ll be Englands RB within a few years. Then he just went to pieces. Hate to say it, but I think he’s proof that Ole was a terrible manager.

Unread 16-04-2023, 06:19 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
He’s great. Thought he was top (but raw) when he first came here and said he’ll be Englands RB within a few years. Then he just went to pieces. Hate to say it, but I think he’s proof that Ole was a terrible manager.
I’m with you there… think I even made a thread about how great he was

I never thought he could be this good.

I like Dalot too tbf, both offer different things and I’d keep the both of them.

Unread 16-04-2023, 06:20 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Nah, he just got overplayed and had a massive crisis of confidence. Fair play to him for digging his way out of it.

Unread 16-04-2023, 06:22 PM
Baron

He didn’t appear to be able to trap a ball and now he’s doing that thing off two feet like prime Iniesta to dance past players off the wing

Unread 16-04-2023, 06:25 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
He didn’t appear to be able to trap a ball and now he’s doing that thing off two feet like prime Iniesta to dance past players off the wing
He was doing stuff like that in his first season. The amnesia from people on that first season has been incredible tbh.

Unread 16-04-2023, 06:29 PM
Dasilvatwins

I’d still want that new RB in the summer but he would be a very good cover to have . Fair play to him, I was done with him before the start of this season

Unread 16-04-2023, 06:33 PM
Coracao

He still isn't good enough long-term, but a massive improvement tbf to the lad.

Unread 16-04-2023, 07:04 PM
tatty

I always knew he'd come good...if I called him names it was just to encourage him.

Unread 16-04-2023, 07:15 PM
silv

always happier when he’s playing ahead of dalot

Unread 16-04-2023, 08:00 PM
History

Hearing the crowd getting up for it on a 1 v 1 breakaway and then seeing its AWB the players up against lol

Unread 16-04-2023, 08:56 PM
Dr Stranger

He’s improved immensely and I like what’s he become. His style is really direct. Drives with the ball and into space. He keeps his passing simple but it’s always forward thinking.

Just goes to show what good coaching can do.

We’ve got a decision to make in the summer because he seemed a cert to leave and we could get a decent fee. Not sure I’d want him sold now. A new right back is still needed, but him and Dalot have made themselves valuable. Fair play to them.

Unread 16-04-2023, 10:55 PM
NedKelly

Why do we need a new right back? he’s been fantastic this season and I imagine he can keep progressing under ETH. Liverpool won the league with Trent Alexander at RB. City may well win the league with John Stones filling in at right back.

A new centre forward and a defensive midfielder are arguably all we need to really start challenging. Our first choice 11 could go toe to toe with anyone in Europe; it’s cover/squad depth that we are desperately lacking.

Unread 16-04-2023, 11:39 PM
marlo

he was training in the pre season with some coach from Scandinavia of his use of the ball.

was doing tuning drills with the ball and posting it on ig.

fair enough its producing results.

Unread 16-04-2023, 11:56 PM
Denis Irwell

Last season, he had absolutely nobody to played with. On his own all the time. Now look at him dovetailing with Antony. Great little combos down that rhs. Probably the most natural athlete at the club, too.

Great turnaround.
Closed Thread