United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-06-2022, 09:35 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
This. He addressing/engaging/playing the ball to stop a goal ffs.
I was thinking about this; if Benzema is running through on goal, VVD is chasing and Vinicius is 10 yards to Benzema’s left, but ahead of play so Benz isn’t passing, VVD attempts a hook tackle from the Benz’s right but instead of getting his foot round the ball, he diverts it to Vini, who scores, is it offside?

I don’t see how it could be?

Unread 02-06-2022, 09:53 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
He's still seething and dare I say, shaking with rage. He'd fit in perfectly on rawk.
You do know he's the doc, don't you mate?

Unread 02-06-2022, 09:54 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I was thinking about this; if Benzema is running through on goal, VVD is chasing and Vinicius is 10 yards to Benzema’s left, but ahead of play so Benz isn’t passing, VVD attempts a hook tackle from the Benz’s right but instead of getting his foot round the ball, he diverts it to Vini, who scores, is it offside?

I don’t see how it could be?
You wouldn’t think so. Would they perhaps consider that directly the ball rather than it being a deflection/block. I’m not even sure they know entirely themselves. I think they were genuinely stumped as to what to do the other night because they were looking for ages that didn’t require much scrutiny. They were just giving themselves time to make a decision, then just went with the safest one.

Unread 02-06-2022, 09:56 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
You wouldn’t think so. Would they perhaps consider that directly the ball rather than it being a deflection/block. I’m not even sure they know entirely themselves. I think they were genuinely stumped as to what to do the other night because they were looking for ages that didn’t require much scrutiny. They were just giving themselves time to make a decision, then just went with the safest one.
Probably. What happened to attackers getting the benefit of the doubt?

Unread 02-06-2022, 09:59 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Probably. What happened to attackers getting the benefit of the doubt?
If a goal was given in real time, I don’t think there’s any chance VAR overrule it.

Unread 03-06-2022, 10:35 PM
Chris Quayd

Really heartbreaking

Unread 03-06-2022, 10:43 PM
Ethers

Inject it into my veins.

Couldn’t happen to a bigger group of absolute @#%&!s, £#%&! them. As a fan base they love giving it the big one about how intimidating anfield is, lining the streets smashing up buses etc. Absolutely £#%&! them, all cry arsing because they got scared by some French kids.

Unread 03-06-2022, 10:46 PM
armchair

I loved when he said "i've never felt so alone" in reference to walking into the stadium with other liverpool fans. Thought you'll never walk alone?

Have to say though they do doe don't de doe.

Unread 03-06-2022, 11:11 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
What a pair of sanctimonious #@&%!s.

As Ethers says, they’ll lob bottles at team coaches and make out that coming to Anfield is like £#%&!ing Galatasaray, but when the roles are reversed, they all become a bunch of pearl clutchers.

Unread 03-06-2022, 11:29 PM
Pop

Quote:

Unread 03-06-2022, 11:45 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Inject it into my veins.

Couldn’t happen to a bigger group of absolute @#%&!s, £#%&! them. As a fan base they love giving it the big one about how intimidating anfield is, lining the streets smashing up buses etc. Absolutely £#%&! them, all cry arsing because they got scared by some French kids.

Unread 04-06-2022, 12:10 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Inject it into my veins.

I see a few of them on the news going on about how scared they were, that they got beaten up, had their stuff nicked and were worried about getting stabbed.

A bit like every visiting supporter going across stanley park then for the last 50 years or so.

Unread 04-06-2022, 12:13 AM
Selhurst Samurai

“I’m concussed, I don’t know where I am”

Imagine how gutted the snivelling @#%&! will be when he comes to and realises he’s in Liverpool.

Unread 04-06-2022, 12:14 AM
Sparky***

I distinctly remember the league cup final in 2003, at cardiff. I £#%&!ed off after they scored their 2nd goal about 10 mins from the end. Had to circle around the ground behind their end to get to where i'd parked my car, there was a load of them in one of the pubs on the balcony just lobbing pint glasses and bottles at the dispersing United fans for sport. £#%&!ing gobshites.

Like you say, first to dish it out but the last ones who can take it.

Unread 04-06-2022, 04:35 AM
shenwen

Quote:
All of that and they lost.

Season highlight
Closed Thread