United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Who will be the biggest "winners" after Ten Hag's appointment?
David De Gea 10 24.39%
Dean Henderson 3 7.32%
Tom Heaton 2 4.88%
Victor Lindelof 7 17.07%
Eric Bailly 4 9.76%
Phil Jones 2 4.88%
Harry Maguire 5 12.20%
Raphael Varane 15 36.59%
Diogo Dalot 12 29.27%
Luke Shaw 5 12.20%
Alex Telles 3 7.32%
Aaron Wan-Bissaka 2 4.88%
Fred 12 29.27%
Bruno Fernandes 15 36.59%
Donny Van De Beek 32 78.05%
Scott The Scottish Player 5 12.20%
Cristiano Ronaldo 13 31.71%
Marcus Rashford 13 31.71%
Jadon Sancho 33 80.49%
Anthony Elanga 13 31.71%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 27-05-2022, 10:16 AM
20LEgend1999

Default Winners and Losers (Ten Hag edition)

There was a thread for this when Ralf took over, but now we have our next full time manager, who do you think will be the winners and losers?

I'm going safe after being way off in the last thread.

Winners:

Sancho - I think he's a "system player" whatever that means, and Ten Hag will have a "system".

Donny - I'm not a big fan of managers shipping in a load of their old mates to come and play for them, but having a lad who knows Erik's "system" will help him. Even if he turns out to be not cut out for this league, I think he'll be an early benefactor and will surely see more minutes next season.

Losers:

Wan-Bissaka - Already been made clear until he isn't part of the plans apparently.

Phil Jones - I think Ten Hag will get his security guard to keep pushing him until he agrees to leave.

The poll doesn't include players out on loan or those with contracts expiring, as I think it's limited to 20 options. I added Donny in there though because I wanted to vote for him.

Unread 27-05-2022, 10:18 AM
atticusgrinch

The fact he's binned AWB off before he even arrived, as well as stating Dalot is not available for sale or loan, tells me this guy knows his football.

Unread 27-05-2022, 10:25 AM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
The fact he's binned AWB off before he even arrived, as well as stating Dalot is not available for sale or loan, tells me this guy knows his football.
Promising isn't it. Focus on technique at the back should expose a few of them, but suspect he'll already know. Probably got three sets of players - keep, bin and potential. That bin pile will be big.

Unread 27-05-2022, 10:27 AM
NedKelly

I have a niggling feeling that Tony M might be one to watch this season

Unread 27-05-2022, 10:30 AM
Patty_b

I think we'll get rid of the bare minimum.

Everyone who's out of contract, AWB, Bailly, Chong, Pereira. Maybe one or two others that haven't really featured outside of the loans and reserve football.

I think he's going to give everyone a chance to make a mark, which is fair enough. He's seems to be a different type of manager than what we've had before, and he might be able to get something out of players that look like they offer nothing.

Winners imo will be:

Donny - Will get the best out of him, whether his best is good enough... We'll see.

Martial - Odd one. Reckon he might be able to get him in the team and get something out of him. Would also happily see him sold before the season starts.

Lindelof - This is his time.

Other than the crap that gets binned before the season even starts, the ones that will fail to impress over the next campaign and be shown the door are:

De Gea - I reckon this will be his last season with the club, at least as first choice keeper.

Maguire - He'll have a Titanic battle to stay in the team, and will lose his place next to Varane to Lindelof by October.

Shaw - If he's a thick as we're led to believe, then he won't last the season.

Unread 27-05-2022, 10:32 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
I think we'll get rid of the bare minimum.

Everyone who's out of contract, AWB, Bailly, Chong, Pereira. Maybe one or two others that haven't really featured outside of the loans and reserve football.

I think he's going to give everyone a chance to make a mark, which is fair enough. He's seems to be a different type of manager than what we've had before, and he might be able to get something out of players that look like they offer nothing.

Winners imo will be:

Donny - Will get the best out of him, whether his best is good enough... We'll see.

Martial - Odd one. Reckon he might be able to get him in the team and get something out of him. Would also happily see him sold before the season starts.

Lindelof - This is his time.

Other than the crap that gets binned before the season even starts, the ones that will fail to impress over the next campaign and be shown the door are:

De Gea - I reckon this will be his last season with the club, at least as first choice keeper.

Maguire - He'll have a Titanic battle to stay in the team, and will lose his place next to Varane to Lindelof by October.

Shaw - If he's a thick as we're led to believe, then he won't last the season.
Patty knows

Unread 27-05-2022, 10:47 AM
dunk

I’m hoping we’ll be the winners, however I fear budget constraints will see us losers

Unread 27-05-2022, 11:38 AM
RedNick80

Silv clearly banking on ETH being a success!

Unread 27-05-2022, 12:14 PM
redhegemony

He's going to have to get one player out of the Rashford/Martial/Elanga combo

Unread 27-05-2022, 12:16 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNick80
Silv clearly banking on ETH being a success!
cant get any worse can they pal!

Unread 27-05-2022, 02:42 PM
Selhurst Samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
I have a niggling feeling that Tony M might be one to watch this season
I’d get a doctor to check that out if I were you.

Unread 27-05-2022, 02:48 PM
Neo

Football

The (soon to be) magnificent 7.

De Gea
Shaw
Bruno
Rashford
Sancho
Elanga
Ronaldo

Can see all of them being key players under Ten Hag.

People have forgotten just how good Shaw was last season, and at the Euros.

Unread 27-05-2022, 03:02 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
The (soon to be) magnificent 7.

De Gea
Shaw
Bruno
Rashford
Sancho
Elanga
Ronaldo

Can see all of them being key players under Ten Hag.

People have forgotten just how good Shaw was last season, and at the Euros.
Yeah I put Shaw down as one to thrive. Honestly think he’s given a rough ride on here. He worked his skin off for us last season, and probably overstretched himself at the Euros.

Watch when this gets bumped in 12 months time and the fat little shit has been useless all season.

Unread 27-05-2022, 03:04 PM
Chris Quayd

Winners:

That suit will get a good run

Losers:

ETH will be driven to despair by the clowns in the boardroom and the dressing room, back in the Netherlands before Klopp calls it quits

Unread 27-05-2022, 03:14 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Yeah I put Shaw down as one to thrive. Honestly think he’s given a rough ride on here. He worked his skin off for us last season, and probably overstretched himself at the Euros.

Watch when this gets bumped in 12 months time and the fat little shit has been useless all season.
Been playing injured all season tbf. Will be interesting to see if ETH can get him properly fit.

Unread 27-05-2022, 03:20 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I’m hoping we’ll be the winners, however I fear budget constraints will see us losers
Budget constraints that allow us to buy players for £75m / £80m & £90m+ in the last few seasons.

We just need to spend it properly. & £#%&! loads of wasters off.

Liverpool are 9th in net spend in the last 5 seasons. If we need to sell someone to make a lot of money the way they did with Coutinho then so be it. Selling him & getting Mane & Salah & VVD instead is phenomenal business.

We need to be better & not drop £50m on Fred / AWB etc.

Absolutely disgusting recruitment.

Unread 27-05-2022, 03:22 PM
dunk

That was then, this is now.

Players cost £50m minimum these days. We need 10, we’ll be lucky to get 3.

I’d make it known everyone is available, bring your bids.

Unread 27-05-2022, 03:42 PM
Baron

There are some seriously good players available on a free this summer - Dembele, Isco, Vrsaljko would be a far, far better right back for us than AWB & Dalot can learn from a proper professional, Romagnoli at Milan is available, Aouar only has a year left on his deal so will be cheaper than normal.

We're not signing all of them etc, but a couple of 1 year left on their deals & a free here and there is common sense when, as you say, we need up to 10 new players.

Unread 27-05-2022, 03:46 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
There are some seriously good players available on a free this summer - Dembele, Isco, Vrsaljko would be a far, far better right back for us than AWB & Dalot can learn from a proper professional, Romagnoli at Milan is available, Aouar only has a year left on his deal so will be cheaper than normal.

We're not signing all of them etc, but a couple of 1 year left on their deals & a free here and there is common sense when, as you say, we need up to 10 new players.
Totally agree with this. Get the toxic players out en masse and take the hit on a big change. Many potential signings will no doubt be interested to work under Ten Hag as well as to be at United with Ronaldo.

Flushing turds still remains our biggest challenge.

Unread 27-05-2022, 03:49 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron

I don’t disagree, but it’s clearly not happening. Sweeping changes throughout is the way, but United can’t complete 5 deals in a summer ffs. Free or not. They certainly can’t afford to lash out that sort of money either. No such thing as Free either, they want £30-40m signing on fees.
Closed Thread