United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-05-2022, 03:53 PM
dunk

Mou put us in this position pal, Ole just managed to delay it for a couple of years. Deserves massive credit tbh.

Unread 30-05-2022, 03:54 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
You as in you all.
Apology accepted.

I would be made up if we got him, and don’t care how much convincing it takes, as long as we’re not wasting time on something that is never going to happen at the expense of more realistic targets.

Unread 30-05-2022, 03:55 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Mou put us in this position pal, Ole just managed to delay it for a couple of years. Deserves massive credit tbh.
Frenkie de jong will be a magical signing for us, I can't wait

I remember watching him in the autumn in the flesh at a world cup qualy and thought this might be the best passing midfielder in europe. I imagined what he would have done for a team like us who have no midfield presence. The dream is close now....

Unread 30-05-2022, 03:58 PM
Time For Heroes

Going on about CL football, how did that work out for him last season then?

Bunker Buster

You were fifteen
I was twelve
It was Ajax
We were so in love
I never loved anyone this much
Look at me
I'm thrilled to your first touch
Hey Frenkie, do you remember me?
Frenkie, do you remember me?

Dr Stranger

Quote:
Frenkie de jong will be a magical signing for us, I can't wait

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKE0FPbNza4

I remember watching him in the autumn in the flesh at a world cup qualy and thought this might be the best passing midfielder in europe. I imagined what he would have done for a team like us who have no midfield presence. The dream is close now....
Hell of a signing if we can pull it off. Exactly what we need and ETH knows him. I’ve no problem with us buying the best of Ajax*

If we could get him, Timber (who can play at right back ) and a striker, we’ll be MUCH better next season. Hopefully do-able price-wise if we can shift one or two as well.

*yes, I know he’s at Barca.

Unread 30-05-2022, 04:02 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Hell of a signing if we can pull it off. Exactly what we need and ETH knows him. I’ve no problem with us buying the best of Ajax*

If we could get him, Timber (who can play at right back ) and a striker, we’ll be MUCH better next season. Hopefully do-able price-wise if we can shift one or two as well.

*yes, I know he’s at Barca.
Donny will be like a new signing aswell

Donny
Jurrien
Frenkie
Erik

Would love to add Mattis to this list....

Unread 30-05-2022, 04:02 PM
Ethers

Quote:

De Jong just doesnt look that good tbh.
Well this is awkward.

Unread 30-05-2022, 04:06 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Well this is awkward.
Look at him searching up old posts trying to find something.

Wasnt that impressed by him first half of that season, and id seen a bit of Ajax hence calling for ETH to replace Mou Mou. But he was insane in the knockouts. As was De Ligters.

You dont realise how much im smiling at you searching up my old posts. These guys are obsessed!

Thats a 3 year old post ffs.

Unread 30-05-2022, 04:10 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Look at him searching up old posts trying to find something.

Wasnt that impressed by him first half of that season, and id seen a bit of Ajax hence calling for ETH to replace Mou Mou. But he was insane in the knockouts. As was De Ligters.

You dont realise how much im smiling at you searching up my old posts. These guys are obsessed!

Thats a 3 year old post ffs.
You’ve just been asking Dr City to apologise for 2018 you loon.

You’re a very hit and miss judge of a player pal, it’s fine to admit it.

Unread 30-05-2022, 04:10 PM
n48

Recreating the Champions League semi finalists. Who cares that they bottled it against the mighty Spurs. Dutch is cool

Unread 30-05-2022, 04:12 PM
Coracao

Hasn't really set the World alight at Barca. Would need a decent defensive mid next to him.

Unread 30-05-2022, 04:13 PM
saffers

Quote:
You’ve just been asking Dr City to apologise for 2018 you loon.

You’re a very hit and miss judge of a player pal, it’s fine to admit it.
I asked Dr City to apologise for the Ole era pal.

Feel free to join him.

Unread 30-05-2022, 04:18 PM
Ethers

Quote:
I asked Dr City to apologise for the Ole era pal.

Feel free to join him.
Nothing to apologise for, gave us some great times.

Ole was at the wheel, and had us going places. It was a crazy ride, he wasn’t the most streetwise driver out there, but boy it felt good.

Then he ran into some issues. Came off the road, got stuck in the mud. He was politely asked to leave the driving seat.

In came Ralfy. He hadn’t driven a car since 1943 and asked where the starting handle was located, before shitting himself repeatedly over the upholstery.

Unread 30-05-2022, 04:20 PM
Curtis

Quote:
Donny will be like a new signing aswell

Donny
Jurrien
Frenkie
Erik

Would love to add Mattis to this list....
Fairly sure I read something about De Light signing a new deal at Juve soon.

Unread 30-05-2022, 04:20 PM
dunk

Quote:

Ole was at the wheel, and had us going places. It was a crazy ride, he wasn’t the most streetwise driver out there, but boy it felt good.

Then he ran into some issues. Came off the road, got stuck in the mud. He was politely asked to leave the driving seat.

In came Ralfy. He hadn’t driven a car since 1943 and asked where the starting handle was located, before shitting himself repeatedly over the upholstery.

Unread 30-05-2022, 04:25 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Thats one, waiting for the other 3.

Unread 30-05-2022, 06:02 PM
Patty_b

Still think this will happen.

The issue at the moment is that he probably doesn't want to leave Barca, but Barca obviously want to sell.

At the end of the day despite what some say, we're still a big enough club to entice any player, and we can cough up the money to both club and player.

Would prefer Neves personally, but I also like the connect to Erik

Unread 30-05-2022, 08:34 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:

Ffs

Quote:
Thats one, waiting for the other 3.
Here pal.

Unread 30-05-2022, 10:35 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Ffs

Here pal.
One more left.