United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive
Reply
 
Unread 20-04-2022, 01:56 PM
wiganste
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
Good luck on the new job.

Arenít you in the entertainment biz? Can you tell us who makes cameos in Doctor Strange please?

Still canít get over last night. Itís clear as day now how bad we are.

Incredible we could still get 4th
we're not getting 4th pal
 
Unread 20-04-2022, 02:47 PM
Jethro
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
we're not getting 4th pal
We need to finish 8th
 
Unread 20-04-2022, 04:25 PM
Selhurst Samurai
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
We need to finish 8th
Donít worry, the lads are on it
 
Unread 20-04-2022, 04:26 PM
dunk
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Samurai
Donít worry, the lads are on it
Defeat Saturday and again v Chelsea should do it. Anything other than back to back defeats will be a sad indictment on Arsenal and Chelsea tbh.
 
Unread 20-04-2022, 04:47 PM
Mr_Ed
 
Default

Truth Bomb

 
Unread 20-04-2022, 04:54 PM
dunk
 
Default

Not just Liverpool tbh. Norwich out worked us on Saturday. Most, if not every, team out works and out fights us. They all want it more and have more pride. Have done all season. In fact, since about March Ď21.
 
Unread 20-04-2022, 06:21 PM
Dr Stranger
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Not just Liverpool tbh. Norwich out worked us on Saturday. Most, if not every, team out works and out fights us. They all want it more and have more pride. Have done all season. In fact, since about March Ď21.
Yep. Norwich played better than us, we just had Ronaldo. Theyíre basically already relegated and they were better than us and came from 2 down. Weíre playing as badly as anyone in the league right now.
 
Unread 20-04-2022, 06:46 PM
Blomq15
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Yep. Norwich played better than us, we just had Ronaldo. Theyíre basically already relegated and they were better than us and came from 2 down. Weíre playing as badly as anyone in the league right now.
I agree, but Ole got most of this squad to 2nd last season. Something massive has gone down.
 
Unread 20-04-2022, 07:05 PM
redhegemony
 
Default

AWB did pretty well at left back. Unlucky with the goal.
 
Unread 20-04-2022, 07:32 PM
woody78
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blomq15
I agree, but Ole got most of this squad to 2nd last season. Something massive has gone down.
It was a freak season with no fans.
 
Unread 20-04-2022, 07:40 PM
Blomq15
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody78
It was a freak season with no fans.
Well that makes sense. Third the season before as well. Iím sure thereís a freak reason for that one too.
 
Unread 20-04-2022, 07:51 PM
woody78
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blomq15
Well that makes sense. Third the season before as well. Iím sure thereís a freak reason for that one too.

We finished about 30 points off the top. Sounds like a great season

We finished on 66 points, we'll probably end on about the same this season
 
Unread 20-04-2022, 07:58 PM
Buck
 
Default

Ole was never as bad as people made him out to be by the end. He finished above Klopp last season and had a very good record against Pep. The only manager post-Ferguson to make it into the Top 4 in consecutive seasons. Regularly went deep into cup competitions. Set a record for unbeaten games away from home in English football. The way things unravelled for him might simply be explained that there wasn't really big expectations of him initially because it was widely acknowledged that he was doing a rebuilding job. The squad did change a lot under his management and he had a squad and dressing room under his control. This season was the first time there was real expectation to win and with the new signings people looked to him to step up a level which he probably doesn't have in him as a manager. But it didn't mean he was a bad manager. He hit his limit and clearly everything that has happened since at least shows it wasn't all his fault.
 
Unread 20-04-2022, 08:04 PM
Blomq15
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Ole was never as bad as people made him out to be by the end. He finished above Klopp last season and had a very good record against Pep. The only manager post-Ferguson to make it into the Top 4 in consecutive seasons. Regularly went deep into cup competitions. Set a record for unbeaten games away from home in English football. The way things unravelled for him might simply be explained that there wasn't really big expectations of him initially because it was widely acknowledged that he was doing a rebuilding job. The squad did change a lot under his management and he had a squad and dressing room under his control. This season was the first time there was real expectation to win and with the new signings people looked to him to step up a level which he probably doesn't have in him as a manager. But it didn't mean he was a bad manager. He hit his limit and clearly everything that has happened since at least shows it wasn't all his fault.
Stop talking sense. This forum says that heís sh*t, all the players he bought are sh*t and that heíll only ever be remembered as Unitedís sh*ttest manager. I swear thereís more dippers on here than United fans.
 
Unread 20-04-2022, 08:11 PM
Mr_Ed
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Ole was never as bad as people made him out to be by the end. He finished above Klopp last season and had a very good record against Pep. The only manager post-Ferguson to make it into the Top 4 in consecutive seasons. Regularly went deep into cup competitions. Set a record for unbeaten games away from home in English football. The way things unravelled for him might simply be explained that there wasn't really big expectations of him initially because it was widely acknowledged that he was doing a rebuilding job. The squad did change a lot under his management and he had a squad and dressing room under his control. This season was the first time there was real expectation to win and with the new signings people looked to him to step up a level which he probably doesn't have in him as a manager. But it didn't mean he was a bad manager. He hit his limit and clearly everything that has happened since at least shows it wasn't all his fault.
The truth probably lies in the middle. Let's not forget that, comparatively, the verm had a dip last season and had lots of injury problems including their first choice centre half pairing for most of the season.

I think tactically under Ole we were all over the place and we relied on moments of skill or good play between the mediocrity. This season the good play has gone too and is largely mediocrity. Let's not forget that we went a goal down in most games last season too and the play wasn't great.

I honestly think Ronaldo was thrust upon Ole rather than by choice and that undermined him completely. With the contract situation of a few and them zoning out and the expectations I think it finally did for him and any cohesion the squad may have had was undermined by CR7 who has kept us going in many games this season.

Lot of factors all at once instead of Ole being great or Ole being shit but, let's be honest, he was out of his depth at United.
 
Unread 20-04-2022, 08:34 PM
puressence
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Ole was never as bad as people made him out to be by the end. He finished above Klopp last season and had a very good record against Pep. The only manager post-Ferguson to make it into the Top 4 in consecutive seasons. Regularly went deep into cup competitions. Set a record for unbeaten games away from home in English football. The way things unravelled for him might simply be explained that there wasn't really big expectations of him initially because it was widely acknowledged that he was doing a rebuilding job. The squad did change a lot under his management and he had a squad and dressing room under his control. This season was the first time there was real expectation to win and with the new signings people looked to him to step up a level which he probably doesn't have in him as a manager. But it didn't mean he was a bad manager. He hit his limit and clearly everything that has happened since at least shows it wasn't all his fault.
How dare you talk sensible. Shut the forum
 
Unread 20-04-2022, 08:53 PM
saffers
 
Default

Cultural reboot gang, look where you got us for christ sake.

Shame.
Reply
Thread Tools
Similar Threads for: Liverpool v Manchester United : Official Match Thread : 19/4/22 8pm
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Manchester United v Liverpool Official Match Thread 2/5/21 4:30pm ko armchair Manchester United Match Thread Archive 111 04-05-2021 08:19 AM
Manchester United v Liverpool Official Match thread 24.2.19 14:05 armchair Manchester United Match Thread Archive 617 27-02-2019 10:52 AM
*Official Match Thread* - Manchester United v Liverpool 12/09/15 Sparky*** Manchester United Match Thread Archive 817 15-09-2015 04:54 PM
*OFFICIAL* Match Thread - Liverpool v Manchester United 22/03/15 Sparky*** Manchester United Match Thread Archive 1142 26-03-2015 07:36 AM
*OFFICIAL* Match Thread - Manchester United v Liverpool 14/12/14 Sparky*** Manchester United Match Thread Archive 1007 16-12-2014 04:20 AM
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:35 PM.

Copyright ©2006 - 2023 utdforum.com. This site is in no way affiliated to Manchester United Football Club.