United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-05-2022, 01:17 PM
Patty_b

Still talking about Mourinho ffs.

Did he do well his first two seasons? Yes.

Was he £#%&!ed over by the hierarchy? Undoubtedly

Was the football he played some of the most turgid shite we've ever played, and make the football played under LVG look electric? Absolutely.

Did his toxicity in that third season, along with the extremely poor on the field performances end with him being rightly binned? Obviously.

I wasn't happy when he was sacked but I don't look back on his time fondly. £#%&! him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethers
Hang on, so you’re saying Ole the PE teacher matched one of Mourinho’s greatest achievements, with a worse group of players?

Interesting.

Unread 25-05-2022, 03:49 PM
Ethers

Ripped apart forensically by Coxy in another Athletic article

“ The Rangnick era must be the most peculiar thing that has happened in the history of Manchester United; entrusting the running of the team to a mysterious figure who had essentially given up on management a decade ago. His influence on German football shouldn’t be underestimated, but being a tactical revolutionary and a competent football manager are two very different things.”

“ Ultimately, a huge red flag was that, in the decade before Manchester United appointed Rangnick, he had been appointed as a manager twice. The people who appointed him were Ralf Rangnick and Ralf Rangnick”

Unread 25-05-2022, 04:06 PM
windy waffles

He said he may suggest himself for the permanent managers position when he first arrived - I wonder if he did...

Unread 25-05-2022, 04:25 PM
Sparky***

Lads we’ve got a new manager now.

Unread 25-05-2022, 04:32 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Lads we’ve got a new manager now.
The obsession is astounding.

Shenners properly explosed them a few pages back.

This is is the fall out from the Ole sacking. People trying to make up for being completely humiliated. Very sad to see.

Unread 25-05-2022, 04:40 PM
Ethers

He’s still technically our manager, hth guys

Unread 25-05-2022, 05:06 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Ripped apart forensically by Coxy in another Athletic article

“ The Rangnick era must be the most peculiar thing that has happened in the history of Manchester United; entrusting the running of the team to a mysterious figure who had essentially given up on management a decade ago. His influence on German football shouldn’t be underestimated, but being a tactical revolutionary and a competent football manager are two very different things.”

“ Ultimately, a huge red flag was that, in the decade before Manchester United appointed Rangnick, he had been appointed as a manager twice. The people who appointed him were Ralf Rangnick and Ralf Rangnick

Bet his references were £#%&!ing brilliant!

Shocking he didn't turn things round like saffers promised.

Unread 25-05-2022, 05:28 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b

Bet his references were £#%&!ing brilliant!

Shocking he didn't turn things round like saffers promised.
He has literally been the engine that has set things off in a new and fresh thinking direction. Also a bit of Glazer criticism added.

No wonder this is annoying you lot. Your boy Ole was a Glazer stooge. He defended them and slated our own fans. Yet you weirdos still worship him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenin
I’d put f*** all stock in anything that clown Cox has to say. He hates us. If we’d have appointed Guardiola and city appointed Rangnick he’d have a totally different opinion.

I bet he loves Arteta though.

Rangnick was never a short term manager.
Spot on Vlad.

Unread 25-05-2022, 05:31 PM
Ethers

He was saying much the same back when he was appointed tbf

Rangnick has been an absolute disaster and will have zero influence at the club going forward, think that’s clear to even his fans now.

Unread 25-05-2022, 05:49 PM
Ethers

What was agreed upon is that he would manage the football team until the end of the season, and yes he did that, albeit awfully. Fair play. There is no consultancy pal, he will have no influence going forward. The gimps he hired are all leaving the club. ETH has basically said he’s going to wipe his arse with this mythical dossier from Ralf, because, fancy that, he backs his own judgement over anyone else’s. ETH will sign the players he wants to, it’s as simple as that.

Keep pretending that your little doping guru has done anything other than made himself look good in press conferences and hand out blame to absolutely everyone else at the club. Good riddance to him.

Unread 25-05-2022, 07:06 PM
redhegemony

Tbh - I don't really care much about Moyes/Mourinhou/Van Gaal/Ole/Ralf any more - I want to enjoy a fresh start. Clear out the crap - players, coaches, scouts whoever, let ETH sweep out and start afresh.

Unread 26-05-2022, 12:56 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
Tbh - I don't really care much about Moyes/Mourinhou/Van Gaal/Ole/Ralf any more - I want to enjoy a fresh start. Clear out the crap - players, coaches, scouts whoever, let ETH sweep out and start afresh.
Absolutely this.

Unread 26-05-2022, 04:06 PM
saffers

Unread 26-05-2022, 04:08 PM
Sapien

Quote:
I'd suggest putting saffers on ignore

Unread 26-05-2022, 04:14 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
I'd suggest putting saffers on ignore
I'm always on your mind.

Unread 26-05-2022, 04:21 PM
Drexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Things are bubbling nicely.

My only "concern" is, due to United's financial year end being June 30th, is that we don't sign anyone until after then.

Personally, I'd like to see 2 or 3 before (ie out of this years budget), then followed by another 1 or 2 out of next year's.

What a time to be alive

Unread 26-05-2022, 06:25 PM
Sandman

Thumbs up

Quote:

Unread 27-05-2022, 08:30 AM
utd99

It should never be any manager’s responsibility to instill commitment, desire and professionalism into a Man Utd player.

Unread 27-05-2022, 08:36 AM
RedNick80

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
It should never be any manager’s responsibility to instill commitment, desire and professionalism into a Man Utd player.
True to a point, but then some inspire more than others. I don't think you can overlook it as a very important managerial skill.

However - the players should have been more driven this season - even had a dustbin had been on the sidelines - they weren't.

Unread 27-05-2022, 08:52 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Should probably just do away with a manager entirely tbf, as long as we’ve got the right players.
Closed Thread