Unread 07-01-2017, 01:28 AM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
he's started picking carrick.
has he? cheers. wasn't aware of that

Unread 07-01-2017, 01:54 AM
Stickman

He's the best manager out there and had he succeeded Fergie we'd certainly not have slipped into 7th 4th 5th place finishes. As it turns out though, perhaps he arrived st the perfect time for club and himself, the Chelsea collapse will have further matured him.

He's turning it around though as everybody knew he would and I include abus, journos, resistant reds and obviously the pro Jose camp. He will win the European cup here, I feel it in me waters

We're back to hugely negative press again and agenda driven articles which should be of huge comfort to anybody who doubted he was the right man for the task.

Remember the press crying "give him time" as they circle jerked our 2013 collapse under the strawberry blonde one? Transparent to reds.

Unread 07-01-2017, 02:10 AM
VodkaAndCoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
He's the best manager out there and had he succeeded Fergie we'd certainly not have slipped into 7th 4th 5th place finishes. As it turns out though, perhaps he arrived st the perfect time for club and himself, the Chelsea collapse will have further matured him.

He's turning it around though as everybody knew he would and I include abus, journos, resistant reds and obviously the pro Jose camp. He will win the European cup here, I feel it in me waters

We're back to hugely negative press again and agenda driven articles which should be of huge comfort to anybody who doubted he was the right man for the task.

Remember the press crying "give him time" as they circle jerked our 2013 collapse under the strawberry blonde one? Transparent to reds.
Amen.

Unread 07-01-2017, 07:48 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Holy £#%&!

Unread 07-01-2017, 09:54 AM
Denis Irwell

“I’ve had lots of winning teams, we won in every club but we didn’t have many teams playing so well as my United team does,” Mourinho said, as reported by the Daily Mail.
“My teams normally are pragmatic and they win matches by being hard to be dominated, so let’s try to put everything together.
“The reality — and for me, it’s very important — is this kind of relation between the way we want to play and the way the fans want the team to play. I was always feeling that.”

Read more at http://www.squawka.com/news/jose-mou...Ti58FxGfOTT.99

The proper one

Unread 07-01-2017, 10:05 AM
believe

Some of us knew this when people where trying to defend a manager who openly admitted he was only stating another year to try and correct two years of £#%&! ups.

Unread 07-01-2017, 10:31 AM
woody78

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
I heard fergie recently told him to just be himself and do it his way.
I heard he said the same to Frank Sinatra.

Unread 07-01-2017, 10:43 AM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

Jose Smile watch has been ridiculous.

Don't think he looks particularly happier now than 3 months ago. It's just that the narrative has changed due to the undeniably good football.

Unread 07-01-2017, 10:45 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
“I’ve had lots of winning teams, we won in every club but we didn’t have many teams playing so well as my United team does,” Mourinho said, as reported by the Daily Mail.
“My teams normally are pragmatic and they win matches by being hard to be dominated, so let’s try to put everything together.
“The reality — and for me, it’s very important — is this kind of relation between the way we want to play and the way the fans want the team to play. I was always feeling that.”

Read more at http://www.squawka.com/news/jose-mou...Ti58FxGfOTT.99

The proper one
The fact Moyes and LVG were so 'Un-united' in their style only necessitated the importance of upholding the clubs traditions even more.

Had he immediately followed Fergie, I think maintaining a standard would have been paramount. He could have been more like his pragmatic self.

But after three years of essentially being bored, the fans needed getting back on side. I'm sure that was part of the remit of the man after lvg and I'm sure José would have known that going in.

It's a different job than the one three years ago. Less mourinho-y. The fact he's adapting and seemingly getting it right is all the more impressive.

Unread 07-01-2017, 11:02 AM
Denis Irwell

Nice narrative, Billy. Not totally convinced it was planned but happy to be smug in a year or so.

Genuinely don't think there's a better manager than Jose, anywhere.

Chavs and Madrid?

Unread 07-01-2017, 11:25 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Nice narrative, Billy. Not totally convinced it was planned but happy to be smug in a year or so.

Genuinely don't think there's a better manager than Jose, anywhere.

Chavs and Madrid?
I'm not suggesting we've been deliberately shit for three years to help José's adaptation

Just the way things have landed. Different remit to three years ago. A huge issue with LVG was the boredom.

Unread 07-01-2017, 11:31 AM
itisme_panaflex

There would be a lot more pressure on Jose if it wasn't for the last 3 years. People are more patient now imo. And grateful for having a good manager.

Unread 07-01-2017, 11:37 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by itisme_panaflex
There would be a lot more pressure on Jose if it wasn't for the last 3 years. People are more patient now imo. And grateful for having a good manager.
Definitely.

Although the minimum requirement for him now and Moyes then is probably the same: Get top four.

Unread 07-01-2017, 11:49 AM
Chris Quayd

People managing to keep a straight face saying they didn't want Jose to replace LVG because of defensive football

Unread 07-01-2017, 12:17 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
has he? cheers. wasn't aware of that
the point is that he's not doing anything at the moment that he couldn't have done from the start (and common sense dictated). we look ok, not brilliant (yet), but there isn't much excuse for the first third of the season. he is getting much kudos from the "he'll turn it round" crew for basic competence. leaving carrick out was stupid, for example. picking him now is not genius. put out a balanced team, play better: simples.

also getting kudos for smiling and smirking more when he is just not being a £#%&!ing mard arse.

just to be clear, I am happy with our current form. but it is the least we have a right to expect from any manager. way better to watch than moyes or king louis. which is to say not awful.

Unread 07-01-2017, 12:31 PM
dunk

Still don't like the man, warming slowly. He's done alright so far, handling of Rooney and signings have been excellent. Not picking Carrick regularly until November, madness, the whole Schweinsteiger situation... He seems to be operating with more freedom and less fear of results than he did in his last 3 jobs, producing a team that is more pleasant to watch and less @#%&!ish, thus far. Long may it continue.

Always said this would be his biggest challenge and he'd have to approach it differently, and he seems to be rising to it and doing just that. That said, he's only brought 4 players in so far, will be easier to tell which direction he is taking when he's had time to make more changes rather than utilising what he has.

Unread 07-01-2017, 03:32 PM
red in cumbria

"Don't want him too defensive" is a reasonable statement; "don't want him, too defensive" rather less so. The difference a single comma can make

Unread 07-01-2017, 04:05 PM
thee mighty ceaser

Why anyone would think he wouldn't stay is a mystery. He's got the job he has always wanted.

Unread 07-01-2017, 04:19 PM
itisme_panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
"Don't want him too defensive" is a reasonable statement; "don't want him, too defensive" rather less so. The difference a single comma can make

Unread 07-01-2017, 05:51 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
the point is that he's not doing anything at the moment that he couldn't have done from the start (and common sense dictated). we look ok, not brilliant (yet), but there isn't much excuse for the first third of the season. he is getting much kudos from the "he'll turn it round" crew for basic competence. leaving carrick out was stupid, for example. picking him now is not genius. put out a balanced team, play better: simples.
Clearly he wanted to try something different with Pogba, it didn't work, so he reverted to the safe - very obvious - option. He's not a £#%&!ing idiot.

Now don't get me wrong, I have no idea what he was trying to do nor even what's happening now. Midfield 2, 3? Could be 7 for all I know. But me telling you your job is acceptable.

You telling Jose Mourinho his? Silly Jem.
Closed Thread