United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-04-2007, 06:51 PM
Revulva

Default Liverpool or Chelsea?

Many advantages to Chelsea going through. They will have the same concerns as us at the FA cup final - a CL final in 4 days. They might not play as well in the FA cup if they're still in with a shout of the big prize (you can bet they'll be desperate to defeat us if they've lost the league to us and go out to Liverpool)

We've beaten Liverpool twice in the league and history has proven,always,that the team on the end of league defeats wins the cup comp.

On the other hand I think that we have the measure of Liverpool(more than we do Chelsea tbh) and beating them in a final would be heaven on earth. However, losing? Omg, I'd never recover.

Also, Chelsea going out in the semis could sap their strength and confidence for the league title - which must be our main priority.

What if we lose to Milan? I couldn't take another Liverpool victory over them. I actually think Milan would beat them though - and lose to Chelsea.

It's so hard to tell. I guess the best thing is to watch it all unfold and hope for serious injuries and suspensions

Unread 25-04-2007, 06:54 PM
Barca '91

Anyone actually having to 'think' about which result is best for us is a complete imbecile.

Unread 25-04-2007, 06:56 PM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barca '91
Anyone actually having to 'think' about which result is best for us is a complete imbecile.
agreed.

They should not be near the final. Any United supporter understands what a
6th time will do (and possibly against us).

Get those c***s out ASAP.

Unread 25-04-2007, 06:57 PM
mark o

Default There is no way, no way on earth

that I want Liverpool to get to the final, not a chance.

Unread 25-04-2007, 06:58 PM
Revulva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barca '91
I love these top red displays of liverpool hatred ' i'd rather lose the league than see liverpool beat hull reserves'

i'm simply saying that i can see liverpool losing to us or milan in the final. i can see chelsea winning it.

however,i got my fingers burnt with that thinking a few season ago

i cannot support chelsea though,sorry,i hate mourinho too much. it's like being pleased to get herpes because it's not ****

Unread 25-04-2007, 07:01 PM
Ed Sullivan

And I hate the 'top red' responses.

No one would give a shit about Chelsea if they weren't a threat to our trophy crown. Same happened with Arsenal.

Same would happen with Watford if they had the "audacity" to be in contention with us.

Liverpool out. It's not being a top red - it's about tradition.

Unread 25-04-2007, 07:03 PM
walker1978

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thats something that we want to be able to sing at c***s like chelski for many many years to come.
it cant be bought, by some f***ing bored russian surely.
we won that by playing breathtaking, attacking, fluent, flamboyant football. words that dont exist at stamford f***ing bridge.
beckham, giggs, nevilles, butt (bertie?), scholes, a generation of young manchester united fans achieved the sort of success that terry, lumpard cashley and co could never have dreamt of untill that bilionaire bastard interupted.
now i know that we will stop the c***s doing the treble anyway (quad but who cares about the worthless), but for every game they win, they are one step closer to being spoke about in the same breath as us.
but to me, them doing the treble would be harder to take than them muppets winning another euro cup final on penalties. anyway, they wouldnt beat us in the final. we would f***in slaughter them in athens.

either way im not really arsed but if i had to pick one, as much as despise the rat eating, shit throwing c***s im actually swaying(51%) towards actually wanting them to beat the rent boys tonight.....

Unread 25-04-2007, 07:03 PM
Revulva

but beating liverpool in a european cup final would be about as good as it gets for a united fan.

obviously it's risky and there is the league double warning from history , but I still think we have the measure of them

wb btw ed

Unread 25-04-2007, 07:07 PM
walker1978

Quote:
Originally Posted by walker1978
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thats something that we want to be able to sing at c***s like chelski for many many years to come.
it cant be bought, by some f***ing bored russian surely.
we won that by playing breathtaking, attacking, fluent, flamboyant football. words that dont exist at stamford f***ing bridge.
beckham, giggs, nevilles, butt (bertie?), scholes, a generation of young manchester united fans achieved the sort of success that terry, lumpard cashley and co could never have dreamt of untill that bilionaire bastard interupted.
now i know that we will stop the c***s doing the treble anyway (quad but who cares about the worthless), but for every game they win, they are one step closer to being spoke about in the same breath as us.
but to me, them doing the treble would be harder to take than them muppets winning another euro cup final on penalties. anyway, they wouldnt beat us in the final. we would f***in slaughter them in athens.

either way im not really arsed but if i had to pick one, as much as despise the rat eating, shit throwing c***s im actually swaying(51%) towards actually wanting them to beat the rent boys tonight.....
the treble that is

Unread 25-04-2007, 07:11 PM
Revulva

Great post walker. i also think mourinho is the kind of tactician who can mastermind a cl final win than benitez.

people forget that benitez actually f***ed up his team selection and tactics something rotten. milan just got sloppy and self-destructed.

like you I'm probably a 51%'er. i want lots of suspensions and injuries the most, that's what I'm supporting - broken bones and broken hearts

Unread 25-04-2007, 07:12 PM
Tom Tit

perhaps a nasty substance added to the drinks bottles of both teams would make for more entertaining viewing this evening

Unread 25-04-2007, 07:22 PM
naes_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Tit
perhaps a nasty substance added to the drinks bottles of both teams would make for more entertaining viewing this evening
nice first post!

Unread 25-04-2007, 07:24 PM
wiganste

Chelsea.

If we get to the final and Liverpool beat us, I'll never recover from that.
If we got to the final and Chelsea beat us, f*** it. It'll be shite but I can live with it.

Mind you, if we got to the final and beat Liverpool........

Anyhoo, I can't believe anyone would even ask this question.

Unread 25-04-2007, 07:28 PM
Fat Al

I've had this discussion on other forums. One United supporter on there, quite rightly, said that losing to 'them' in a European Cup final would be, quite literally, the end.

But I have a different view on it.

Football is all about intense rivalries. Passion, tribalistic followings, even hatred. Chelsea, as much as they would dearly wish to, don't even show up on that radar. They are a minor inconvenience that is soon to disappear once more when their sugar daddy gets bored of them/gets whacked/goes bankrupt/whatever.

But, those rat scoffing verminous filth from down the East Lancs Rd, they are the enemy. And taking them on is what football is all about. Never mind hiding from those you fear, bring them the f*** on.

Let's have the feeling of dread pervading every waking moment during the run-up to the final. Give me the endless minds-eye viewing of all the possible nightmare scenarios that the game could provide. I can handle the feelings of terror, nausea, the hollow feeling in the pit of my stomach every day as the final gets closer and closer. I'll look forward to the very brief, prayed for with the most extravagent promises made to any and every deity known to man, seconds where I hope amongst hope that United could actually win it, could actually emulate the legendary performance of 1999.

Yes, losing to them would be the end. but imagine if you can, just briefly, imagine United beating them. Beating them the way we have beaten much of our opposition this season. By playing football. Imagine that feeling. If losing to them would be the end, then beating them would be pretty much the nearest we'd all get to sharing immortality.

I'll take it all.

Unread 25-04-2007, 07:31 PM
TreeFiddy

Seems some of you are so scared at the prospect of losing to Liverpool that you're forgetting how great it would be to beat them. Why should we be scared of them?

Unread 25-04-2007, 07:35 PM
denis lawless

Thumbs up

chelsea ...with half of em suspended for the final

Unread 25-04-2007, 07:35 PM
Barca '91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revulva
I love these top red displays of liverpool hatred ' i'd rather lose the league than see liverpool beat hull reserves'
dont be a fool. i you dont understand it I feel sorry for you.

i appreciate that it would be ridiculously amazing we were to beat the dippers in the final but the risk of the alternative outcome is not worth contemplating. Get the c***s out, losing in a semi final is a horrible feeling, we know that in this competition and let them wallow in self pity for a while.

Besides, we might not even get the chance to play either Liverpool or Chelsea yet FFS.

Unread 25-04-2007, 07:36 PM
Grimson

Injuries.

Unread 25-04-2007, 07:36 PM
penguin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
Chelsea.

If we get to the final and Liverpool beat us, I'll never recover from that.
If we got to the final and Chelsea beat us, f*** it. It'll be shite but I can live with it.

Mind you, if we got to the final and beat Liverpool........

Anyhoo, I can't believe anyone would even ask this question.
It is said on here sometimes you are well acquainted with one of their supporters ?

Unread 25-04-2007, 07:41 PM
jem

Default I can't believe the

"what if we lost to liverpool" p*****s. what if we f***ing won?

which we would. f*** it, we always beat liverpool. I don't care who goes through. we'll beat either of them. but the league table doesn't lie.

I think it's a bit previous to say chelsea would have the same problem as us in the cup final. we haven't made it to the euro final yet.
Closed Thread