United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Food and Drink
Closed Thread

Unread 01-04-2010, 11:03 PM
CamelToe

Default Seafood...I Eat It

lot of p*****s on this board who don't like it. but i thought i'd share a couple of my favourite dishes from the last week, both really quick and cheap...

potted shrimps

roast cod with crushed potatoes and leeks with a lobster bisque

Unread 02-04-2010, 02:20 AM
Street Magician

Default Re: Seafood...I Eat It

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamelToe
lot of p*****s on this board who don't like it. but i thought i'd share a couple of my favourite dishes from the last week, both really quick and cheap...

potted shrimps

roast cod with crushed potatoes and leeks with a lobster bisque

That bisque reduction looks and I imagine, tastes stunning! Camel, you and I should open a restaurant together!

Unread 02-04-2010, 08:06 AM
BarryX

just nowhere near Ste's

Unread 20-04-2010, 02:06 AM
CamelToe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Magician
That bisque reduction looks and I imagine, tastes stunning! Camel, you and I should open a restaurant together!
tbh, audrey baxter gave me a hand

it was a bit overpowering btw.

the cod, leeks, potatoes were superb. tbh, i wanted to make a crab sauce, a bit lighter, might've worked but couldn't get any at the time, hence the last minute cheat.

i'm making saltfish croquettes with aioli next. watch this space. have to soak it for 24-48 hrs first.

Unread 24-04-2010, 12:18 AM
CamelToe

Default Fish Soup

i love a nice mediterranean fish soup...

name 'em then street, hoppers?

Unread 02-05-2010, 01:39 AM
CamelToe

saltcod and prawn croquettes, carrot and fennel salad with garlic and saffron mayo

from this...

to this...

a lot harder than i was led to believe from recipes. soaked the f***er for two days, changed the water 3-4 times a day. poached it in milk, made a mash with the milk. corriander, parsley, prawns etc. coat in cornflour (couldn't be arsed with feb)

the mayo was a corker. one of the best i've ever made and it was a shortcut. finely chop 2 cloves garlic, add pinch saffron and some salt and grind up with a p+m til it's golden yellow and all the saff has disintegrated and mixed in. then just mix into a few big dollops of full fat hellmans.
Closed Thread