United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Other Sports & Fitness
Closed Thread

Unread 20-05-2009, 07:34 PM
Sparky***

Default you know the summer's here now. Constant talk of 'non sports' like cricket and egg chasing on ssn..

..oh joy. At least there's Wimbledon I suppose.

"yes, Pugnatious St Claude has hit some former colony or other for a wonglygongly in his first golden wicket. The crowd, all 3 of them, are going wild - one of them almost dropped his pipe. Such exitement! And if you thought that was it - you're wrong! That portly bloke is going to keep chucking that f***ing ball at him for DAYS! That's right! f***ing D A Y S!
Time for tea everyone!"

Unread 20-05-2009, 07:37 PM
koppas

Looking forward to the Ashes tbh.

Unread 20-05-2009, 07:40 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
Think everyone is.

The last Ashes in the UK were fantastic. Not felt like that since Euro 96

Unread 20-05-2009, 07:41 PM
wiganste

Thumbs up

Quote:
Me too. Goona watch my 2005 dvds leading up to them.

Unread 20-05-2009, 07:41 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
Think everyone is.

The last Ashes in the UK were fantastic. Not felt like that since Euro 96
rofl

Unread 20-05-2009, 07:45 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
rofl
Laugh all you like mate, but it was something special. That feeling of togetherness that brought the whole country together. I didn't lock my door once that summer.

Unread 20-05-2009, 07:46 PM
Bunker Buster

The Ashes was amazing. Really looking forward to it this summer....

I think it will be a lot closer than some people think. shame about LCCC but looking forward to see Cardiff and a bit of swing.

Unread 20-05-2009, 07:48 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Laugh all you like mate, but it was something special. That feeling of togetherness that brought the whole country together. I didn't lock my door once that summer.
i'll bet.

what did you do when england actually won a whole egg chasing tournament in 2003? paint yourself gold and streak down deansgate?

Unread 20-05-2009, 07:50 PM
koppas

After the Ashes I went out and bought EA Cricket 2005. Far to say it only got about two days play before I got bored of it.

Unread 20-05-2009, 07:50 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
i'll bet.

paint yourself gold and streak down deansgate?

England wear white mate.

Unread 20-05-2009, 07:54 PM
Ether

Quote:
i'll bet.

what did you do when england actually won a whole egg chasing tournament in 2003? paint yourself gold and streak down deansgate?
Was a great day mate. Watched the Rugby in the morning. Then on to Old Trafford. Played Blackburn. Swing Low, Sweet Chariot bellowing around the Stretty bought a tear to my eye.

Remember one of the lads doing the half-time penalty comp pretending to be Johnny Wilko, doing the hands thing. Absolute class

Unread 20-05-2009, 07:56 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Was a great day mate. Watched the Rugby in the morning. Then on to Old Trafford. Played Blackburn. Swing Low, Sweet Chariot bellowing around the Stretty bought a tear to my eye.

Remember one of the lads doing the half-time penalty comp pretending to be Johnny Wilko, doing the hands thing. Absolute class
You're too much, you really are.

Unread 20-05-2009, 08:01 PM
Sloppy

Quote:
After the Ashes I went out and bought EA Cricket 2005. Far to say it only got about two days play before I got bored of it.
See.This is why OOTers follow united.

Unread 20-05-2009, 08:03 PM
wiganste

Quote:
You wouldn't have said that if you lived in Liverpool

Unread 20-05-2009, 08:05 PM
Billy Bigb*****

Quote:

I remember that

Unread 20-05-2009, 08:05 PM
sullers

Ether on this thread

Can't wait to see him on Murray Mount and cheering on Hamilton/Benson (whoever is winning, preferably whitey) at the Grand Prix.

Unread 20-05-2009, 08:07 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by sullers
Ether on this thread

Can't wait to see him on Murray Mount and cheering on Hamilton/Benson (whoever is winning, preferably whitey) at the Grand Prix.
benson ffs.

Unread 20-05-2009, 08:08 PM
sullers

Completely accidental. That's why I don't follow the brum-brums.

I reckon that'll become a media term by the end of the year.

Ether

Benson

World class

withapacketofsweets

Not the biggest Tennis fan to say the least, but the sporting highlight of last summer was the Federer v Nadal final at Wimbledon.
Closed Thread